The electro-music festival provides a unique opportunity for musicians and electronic artists to present or perform their material for an enthusiastic and supportive audience. To give a musical or visual performance, presentation, seminar, or workshop follow the instructions below. The deadline for applications is May 31. Applications received after that time will be added to the waiting list. If there are any cancellations, artists may be selected from the waiting list.
You can also participate in electro-music 2014 by joining the jam sessions, drum circle, swap meet, laptop battle, giving a demonstration, or volunteering to help with various tasks. You don't need to apply in advance for these activities, but we appreciate hearing about your plans.
Everyone who attends the festival will need to purchase tickets, including performing artists and volunteers. We regret that we cannot provide compensation for artists, or pay for travel expenses. Ticket packages with food and lodging are available. We strongly encourage full participation: plan to attend for all three days to support your fellow artists and to contribute to the sense of community. This makes the event more enjoyable for everyone. Highest priority for performance spots will go to artists who are fully involved.
1. Send an email here notifying us of your desire to participate in electro-music 2013 (don't erase the subject - that's how we know that you have read this page.)
2. Let us know the artist name under which you will perform. If you are part of a group, include the number and names of the other members who will be attending.
3. If you wish to perform a musical set, please send us an example of your music, or a link to a sample that we can download or listen to. (If you played at a previous electro-music festival, you can skip this step, unless you have new material that you would like us to hear.)
4. If you want to give a presentation, demo etc. give us a short description of your topic.
5. Let us know if you have any special requirements for equipment, staging, or setup time. (There will be a PA system, microphone, and projector in each room.)
6. We cannot promise specific time slots, but if you have schedule restrictions we will try to accommodate them. Please realize that if your availability is too restrictive, you may reduce your chance of being selected.
7. Please tell us which days you plan to attend.
8. We will notify everyone about their status by June 15 (accepted, waiting list, or not accepted.)
9. After being accepted, you must confirm that you will be attending.