electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Soft synths
Anyone having problems with Crystal?
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Gothboy

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Anyone having problems with Crystal? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven't posted on this site for awhile now. I've been busy setting up plugs and everything on a new(er) Mac. Now I'm going through different software instruments and how each works with Pro Tools 6.4. One of the VSTis, Crystal, is causing some probs so I thought I'd ask all at Electro about it.
I'm using Crystal with the VST-RTAS adapter in PT 6.4 on a 500Mhz. dual processor G4 Mac with 1.25GB RAM. One of the problems I'm having is that the browser on Crystal seems to be disabled and won't search for any patch banks. I can access the factory presets both with the wrapper patch browser and the synth preset scroll button but all saving abilities won't work. I'm also unable to rename a patch which should be as easy as clicking on the patch name and re-typing in a new one according to Glenn Olander from Greenoak. I've followed Glenns'(of Greenoak, the Crystal developer) instructions for setting up folders for the extra banks and soundfonts in the Preferences folder but using the adapter and PT 6.4 I can't load any of these into Crystal. Most perplexing. Rolling Eyes
The usual workaround for this problem in Pro Tools is to save your synth patch as a .tFx file using "Save settings" on the RTAS window but I can't do this either. For some reason the adapter puts a VSTW Crystal.vst file into any Crystal folder I create in the root setting folder for the session, so when I go to save a setting/patch I get a window saying I've got to save it to the VSTW Crystal.vst folder.....but it's not a folder, it's a file and can't be saved into. The only way to save my work with Crystal in PT is to save the whole synth as is with the session. I can't make a patch and then store it in a patch bank or import or export. Mad
I ran a repair permissions with disk utility last night......didn't fix it. I'm just stumped on this one. I wish saving a setting with Crystal was as easy as saving one with The Claw! It must be some kind of compatability issue with the combination of the wrapper and PT 6.4 is the nearest I can figure. Crystal was optimized for use in Cubase and probably not tested with PT but surely someone else besides me is trying to use it with PT?
So is anyone using Crystal with the wrapper V.1.06 and PT 6.4 and how do you find that it works? Maybe I'm doing something wrong and need another pair of eyes. Feedback most welcome!

Novation SL49/Remote Zero
Automap 4
Nord Lead 2. Nord Micromodular,Korg Radias Roland System 1, Maudio Venom, Roland D-50, Arturia SparkLE, Alesis QS6

"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Dymaxion Vehicle Music at www.dymaxionvehicle.com/
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Soft synths
Jump to: