electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Reviews, Editorials and Commentary » Reviews, Reports and Interviews
Hypnagogue Reviews: Brannan Lane, Stephen Van Handel
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Hypnagogue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:50 am    Post subject: Hypnagogue Reviews: Brannan Lane, Stephen Van Handel Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Latest additions to the Hypnagogue site include reviews of "Sextant" by Brannan Lane and Ashera, and "Pearls of the Soul" by Stephen Van Handel.

On "Sextant": This is a trip over dark, uncertain water to a strange place that exists on no known map. There is a sense of constant cool fog filled with whispers and sails billowing under phantom winds. The ship seems to know the way--or perhaps there is no way at all, and the only thing one can do is wait.

With keyboards and midi guitars, Lane and Ashera (secret identity: Anthony Wright) sculpt this journey in hues of peace and mystery. Breathy synth work provides a delicate, calming base that the duo drape in somber tones and atmospheric accents that become the half-seen landscape on the trip.

On "Pearls of the Soul": In places, Pearls carries echoes of Shadowfax, Mike Oldfield, or Ray Lynch, repainted with Van Handel's personal palette and overlaid with the constant sense that the composer is just having a damn fine time for himself. From the drum-driven world-groove feel of "Winds of Nazca" and the joyful "Ese Pequeno Sentimiento de Felicidad" to the softer, more ambient touches of "Thunder Dance" (which is too good to be so short!) and "Listening in Ancient Caves," this CD is a clear labor of love and a pleasure to listen to.

Read the complete reviews at
www.braindrizzle.netfirms.com/hypnagogue.html
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

THX! This is the first time I am checking out your site. Those reviews are interesting! They make me want to hear the music. I did find some Brannan Lane somewhere on the net some months ago and from what I remember I think I found his music to be quite good and interesting.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
brannanlanecom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you so much for your kind words. You can find audio samples, secure online ordering, reviews and news about all my releases at the link below.

Fresh ambient music served chilled. We ship world wide.
Secure online orders. Open 24 hours a day.
http://www.brannanlane.com (artist site)

Thanks again for your interest and kindness. Keep listening!
Brannan Lane
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Reviews, Editorials and Commentary » Reviews, Reports and Interviews
Jump to: