Joined: Jan 31, 2003
Location: Allentown, PA
Audio files: 117
G2 patch files: 60
|Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:34 pm Post subject:
argosfestival 2003 - Brussels - Oct 17-25
|This just in via email, about the argosfestival 2003, the most important yearly event in Belgium for the audiovisual and multimedia arts. I sure would love to be able to attend this.
--- Begin included message ---
This year, the argosfestival takes place from 17-25 October on seven well known cultural locations in Brussels: argos, the Film Museum, Cinema Nova, Etablissement d’en Face Projects, the Kaaitheater-Studio’s, Kanal 20 - /foam/tmp/ and Recyclart are hosting a multitude of film- and video screenings, concerts, exhibitions, presentations and other events.
Eye catchers in 2003 are amongst others programs on the films of the German Harun Farocki (who is also presenting a new installation), the French Pierre Huyghe and an ambitious survey on the artistic film- and video production from the period 1966-’76, including screenings of important but seldom shown works of Bruce Nauman, Vito Acconci, Dan Graham and Hollis Frampton.
In the scope of concerts, performances and discourse, Merzbow from Japan, the Finnish Pan Sonic, Peter ‘Pita’ Rehberg from Austria, Whitehouse from Great-Britain, the Icelandic Haraldur Karlsson and the Mexican-American Rubén Ortiz-Torres are amongst the most infamous artists that we expect by October in Brussels.
Underneath, I included the outline of the programme components argosfestival 2003. Where can I post the press file of the argosfestival 2003 including explanations on the diverse (thematic) components?
t +32 2 229 00 03
f +32 2 223 31 73
Outline programme components argosfestival 2003
argos(exhibition space) Werfstraat 13 1000 Brussels
-‘Belgian Focus’: more then 150 new film, video-,DVD-, sound, CD-ROM- and Internetproductions from Belgium to be consulted by the menu within a scenography of 20 monitors and 5 PC’s
-public meeting space & festival bar (October 18-25)
argos(black box-projection space) Werfstraat 13 1000 Brussels
-‘Belgian Focus’-screenings: retrospective Joëlle de la Casinière and Claudio Pazienza, new projects by Franciska Lambrechts & Honoré d’O, thematic selections from the ‘new harvest’ of ‘Belgian Focus’ by curator Edwin Carels (October 18-25)
Etablissement d’en Face Projects Dansaertstraat 161 1000 Brussels
- exposition new installation by Harun Farocki (October 17-25)
Cinema Nova Schildknaapstraat 65 1000 Brussels
- ‘Critical Strategies’: retrospective Harun Farocki (October 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23)
- ‘Imago Mundi’: retrospective Jeroen de Rijke en Willem de Rooij (October 25)
- ‘Overlays in Time’: retrospective Pierre Huyghe (October 24)
- ‘Nations, Pollinations and Dislocations: Changing Imaginary Borders in the Americas’: intercultural film programme curated by Elena Feder from Canada, performance by Rubén Ortiz-Torres (October 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 and 24)
Film Museum Baron Hortastraat 9 1000 Brussels
- ‘Flashing into the Shadows – the artist’s film 1966-‘76’: large-scaled survey programme on the artist film, curated by Chrissie Iles en Eric de Bruyn (October 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23)
Kaaitheaterstudio’s Onze-Lieve-Vrouw Van Vaakstraat 81 1000 Brussels
- ‘Coded Interference’: symposium with Michelle Teran, Kristina Andersen, Edwin van der Heide and Marc Hansen (October 25)
Recyclart Urselinenstraat 25 1000 Brussels
- ‘Politics of Noise’: concerts and performances by Logos Ensemble, Kevin Drumm, Philip Corner & Phoebe Neville, Merzbow, MAZK, Pita, Whitehouse, Zbigniew Karkowski, POP, Massimo, Pan Sonic, Haraldur Karlsson en Michelle Teran (October 22, 23, 24 and 25)
Kanal 20 - /foam/tmp/ Barthelemylaan 20 1000 Brussels
- ‘Coded Interference’ exposition of the new installation ‘Lightscape’ by Edwin van der Heide (October 17-25)