electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  Jez Adventures in Sound
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
Powering MFOS modules with Doepfer A-100 cases?
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
confusedinNC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Powering MFOS modules with Doepfer A-100 cases? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it possible to power MFOS modules with a Doepfer A-100 case/power system? has anyone done/tried/had any experience with this?
confusedinNC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For what its worth... heres a picture of the Doepfer A-100 power strip... any ideas how i would hook up MFOS modules to this? perhaps the terminals on the right?

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
magman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, there are several ways around this. I've not actually done this for a MFOS board, but this is not unusual.

First off - I would suggest that the terminals to the eight on the Doepfer board are for connection to the main PSU for the strip, so lets for get these for now.

I would think that you have two main choices here, either header to bare wire or header to header with an adaptor board.

The easiest is probably header to bare wire. For this you just take a normal Doepfer power connection cable (or similar - perhaps make your own ribbon cable), but you either cut off the connector on one end or don't fit it for a DIY cable. You then carefully cut through the insulation in the ribbon to give you a set of separate wires. The power and ground connections come in pairs, so just separate these pairs, strip and tin them, then solder them onto the MFOS board of your choice.

An alternate method I've used on some CGS boards is to use a small piece of Veroboard, solder a header to this board then wire from this to the PCB. You can then just use any Doepfer or similar power cables to connect your module to the PSU strip. I've attached a photo which shows this on a module I recently built for a friend.

Hope this helps

Regards

Magman

CGS06 Wiring.jpg
 Description:
CGS06 module with adaptor for Euro style power connections.
 Filesize:  140.87 KB
 Viewed:  98 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

CGS06 Wiring.jpg

Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
Jump to: