electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music
 
    Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

  host / artist show at your time
  mosc Back on the air tonight - Twyndyllyngs
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Wish List
Bring back colored morphs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: Nord Modular Editors
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
qfingers



Joined: Nov 16, 2006
Posts: 183
Location: Tucson, AZ
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Bring back colored morphs. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well working on g2ools and looking at handling morphs, I have come to the conclusion that they should bring back colors to morphs in the editor. Plus unless you select the morph, it doesn't show the range. They need to fix at least the range display. I would like to see the colors back. The context of the knob colored to one of 9 colors (9th being the normal color) would make it easier to see the morph layout of the entire patch. I suprised no one else has requested this. I only did a search in the WishList and didn't find it. Maybe it's in another sub-forum.

q
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
varice



Joined: Dec 29, 2004
Posts: 726
Location: Northeastern shore of Toledo Bend
Audio files: 22
G2 patch files: 49

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring back colored morphs. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

qfingers wrote:
Well working on g2ools and looking at handling morphs, I have come to the conclusion that they should bring back colors to morphs in the editor. Plus unless you select the morph, it doesn't show the range. They need to fix at least the range display. I would like to see the colors back. The context of the knob colored to one of 9 colors (9th being the normal color) would make it easier to see the morph layout of the entire patch. I suprised no one else has requested this. I only did a search in the WishList and didn't find it. Maybe it's in another sub-forum.

q


This was discussed a long time ago. I believe the reason that Clavia did not use colors for morph assignments was because the G2 has a new morph feature - the ability to assign more than one morph to a parameter. It probably would be unworkable to try to show more than one color or morph range on a knob at the same time.

_________________
varice
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
qfingers



Joined: Nov 16, 2006
Posts: 183
Location: Tucson, AZ
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring back colored morphs. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

varice wrote:
This was discussed a long time ago. I believe the reason that Clavia did not use colors for morph assignments was because the G2 has a new morph feature - the ability to assign more than one morph to a parameter. It probably would be unworkable to try to show more than one color or morph range on a knob at the same time.

Ah yes, I forgot about that. But that begs the question of how much more then one morph is used? Maybe a 10th color for when multiples are used. If only one is used, it could show the morph color and the range. The 10th color would be used when none of the morphs that the knob is assigned are selected, otherwise the highlighted color and it's range would be displayed similar to the way it is now.

q
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Afro88



Joined: Jun 20, 2004
Posts: 701
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Audio files: 12
G2 patch files: 79

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think that would be too confusing to be like that 100% of the time. However, if they kept the current morph scheme, and then had maybe a "morph view" keyboard shortcut (like the view parameter one) that displayed all the colours along with the 10th (and 11th, 12th etc) for overlaps it would be cool.

In fact even if they changed the view parameter function to diplay all morphs assigned to the knob, not just the currently active one, it would be very useful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
varice



Joined: Dec 29, 2004
Posts: 726
Location: Northeastern shore of Toledo Bend
Audio files: 22
G2 patch files: 49

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Afro88 wrote:
...In fact even if they changed the view parameter function to diplay all morphs assigned to the knob, not just the currently active one, it would be very useful.


The F6 shortcut key shows all the morphs assigned to a knob, but it does not show the associated morph range(s).

_________________
varice
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: Nord Modular Editors
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Wish List
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
e-m mkii

Please support our site. If you click through and buy from
our affiliate partners, we earn a small commission.


Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Copyright © 2003 through 2009 by electro-music.com - Conditions Of Use