electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Metasonix
tm-1 and tx-2 questions
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
erich

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: tm-1 and tx-2 questions Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just found a tm1 on ebay, it's an old gold one. I just wondered how old these were and whether any changes had been made since they were sold. I'm a bit wary of ebay. I've seen a tx-2 before, and the inside was lit up around the tube. This tm1 is dark, I just see a faint light in the tube. It's noisy as hell, sometimes with an unbearably high squeal on top of absolute sludge. Sounds about right I guess? I wondered if that high pitch is just the nature of the beast at that setting. From what I've read, I think that may be the case but wanted to ask the forum to make absolutly sure since it came from ebay, and I might not know if something was wrong. Everything seem ok to those of you who got them new? I think I may just be using a filter. My other question was how much butt probes were going for if anyone has seen any used ones anywhere.
zerosum

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I just found a tm1 on ebay

I almost bought that one, that seller was selling some other cool toys as well.

Quote:
it's an old gold one. I just wondered how old these were

I think the 2005 models is when they all became yellow, but i cant say for sure.
I would ask the seller when he bought it.

Quote:
It's noisy as hell, sometimes with an unbearably high squeal on top of absolute sludge.

MMMMM....MMMMMM.... Very Happy Thats hawt!!!
I cant wait untill i get mine!
Maybe post some audio demos for us to observe, so far that sounds like the beauty of the way that the metasonix line behaves.

Quote:
My other question was how much butt probes were going for if anyone has seen any used ones anywhere.

Insane Shocked
BigCityMusic is selling them for $899 Mad

I dont think that there will be any used TX-2's for sale for a while,
but dont stop looking! They are bound to come up eventually.

Also there is a new module around the corner, the TM-7!!
Im very very *very* curious as to what kind of havoc this baby will bring to the world after its birth.
thermionicjunky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would say , go for the tm-1. I have an older gold one and I prefer that style. The old models had a dark acrylic window , so dimness should not be a problem. Also , the high-pitched whine is the internal ring-mod oscillator. It can be diminished by sticking a patch cord into the carrier in jack. If the serial # is 20 or below , they have chinese jacks that have given some people problems. I have #12 and have never had any problem at all.
metasonix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

some facts (from the designer):

--we switched to yellow paint in 2003. I think there are only 200 of the gold TMs in existence. (I hated the gold paint, but I was assured it would help sales in Asian countries. It didn't. To this day, the Japanese do not understand Metasonix products.)

--I stopped using those crummy Chinese jacks a long time ago. Now we use fine Neutrik jacks.

--we used to have very dark windows--switched to clear ones in 2004. Don't worry if you can't see the tubes glowing. Some tubes are more visible than others.

--yes, the TM-1 sounds as if it is operating properly. Contact me if you wish to have it serviced.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Metasonix
Jump to: