electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
<on air> Jez Adventures in Sound
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Patch Archive
Synth1 Free Vst!
Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Teksonik

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Synth1 Free Vst! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everyone just wanted to post this in case anyone missed it.Synth1 by Ichiro Toda is an excellent free virtual analog synth capable of a wide range of sounds(don't go by the factory presets) Here is the link:http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-SanJose/5005/softsynth/index.html

I have a couple of banks of patches for Synth1 here:
http://www.freewebs.com/teksonik/synthpatches.htm

Check this synth out-you won't be sorry! Very Happy
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 125
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Teksonic,

Thanks for stopping by and joining the forum. Welcome. I'll give this a try. You got my attention with the word FREE. Very Happy

I linked this to the Patche Archive forum, so it shows up in both locations.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Teksonik

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the welcome! A real nice community here.Yes you must check out Synth1,it's one of my favorites freeware or not.Big fat analog synths,Fm style plucked sounds, basses,strings,she can do a lot of things.The included patches don't really show off what she can do but there are lots of free banks available on the net and PatchArena.com Very Happy
themoors

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, I remember checking out this synth a few months ago and I was impressed, am i right in thinking that it can play patches from nord lead?, either that or the access virus...
Teksonik

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Synth1 can not load sysex patches from the Nord lead but it is considered by some to be an emulation(including the author himself).I've only played a Nord once in a music store so I can't really comment on the authenticity of the sound.All I know is I love the sound of Synth1.As said before the default patches really do it no justice.One must spend some time programming it themselves or load one of the many banks available to get the full effect.Synth1 has been out for quite some time and I'm still finding new sounds.Great fun! Very Happy
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Synth1 is PC only?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Teksonik

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes,I'm sorry Synth1 is PC only.You're on a Mac?
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yup.. mac...

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Jazztiz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello, dear Electro-Fellas. I'm newbie to this forum. Seems it a good forum.

Regarding Synth1 VST, it's not a NL2 emulation, I've compared it hand to hand with original... Overal sound character is near similar, but it aliases, also filter is lacking depth, which is not good. The synth I own for this stuff is Discodsp Discovery, think it's even an expansion of NL2, sounds very fine and similar, can import NL2 patches near perfect, but not a freeware. You can try to look for beta versions, they are stable and freeware. Or try demo.

Best regards.

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome, Jazxtiz. So glad you are here. You say you are from Samara. Is that like in Zimbabwe?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jazztiz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Err Wink

Samara is in Russia, let me fix it Wink

Never been in Zimbabwe btw.

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Opps... OK. Russis is cool too. Laughing

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK? This is the view to Samara from one of the Electro-music.com surveillance satelites?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, imaging done here. Note: our facility is obscured by cover of trees.

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

have you seen me walking my dog today from your surveillance satellite Question Any available picture Question
If you do not have them already (but I think you have this subject covered) I give you all the necessary informations to point your surveillance satellite over here:

Firenze, Italy

Latitude
Longitude
Altitude (feet)

Lat (DMS)
43° 46' 0N
Long (DMS)
11° 15' 0E
Altitude (meters)
http://www.calle.com/world/IT/16/Firenze.html

ita.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  268.13 KB
 Viewed:  24545 Time(s)

ita.jpg

Quote:
Politics is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex - Frank Zappa
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What a cool picture of Italy. Amazing!

I was searching for a satellite image of Italy. I had to take care of an errand. I figured you'd have one before I could put one up.

Anyway, It's harder to find these pictures than I thought.

This one of Italy is some sort of composite.
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
What a cool picture of Italy. Amazing!

I was searching for a satellite image of Italy. I had to take care of an errand. I figured you'd have one before I could put one up.

Anyway, It's harder to find these pictures than I thought.

This one of Italy is some sort of composite.

I am fast, man Very Happy
you are right: this picture is about light pollution measured by the satellite of the Defence Meteorological Satellite Program of the US Air Force, merged with an image of mountains.
http://debora.pd.astro.it/cinzano/page4.html

Quote:
Politics is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex - Frank Zappa

Last edited by seraph on Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Teksonik

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jazztiz wrote:
Hello, dear Electro-Fellas. I'm newbie to this forum. Seems it a good forum.

Regarding Synth1 VST, it's not a NL2 emulation, I've compared it hand to hand with original... Overal sound character is near similar, but it aliases, also filter is lacking depth, which is not good. The synth I own for this stuff is Discodsp Discovery, think it's even an expansion of NL2, sounds very fine and similar, can import NL2 patches near perfect, but not a freeware. You can try to look for beta versions, they are stable and freeware. Or try demo.

Best regards.

Remember when comparing Disco DSP to Synth1 you must take into consideration the fact that some DiscoDsp patches contain up to 4 layers.Try layering 4 Synth1's together,selecting complimentary patches and then see how good she sounds.Yes Synth1 does alias in the upper registers but there are ways to minimize it with proper programming.Also DiscoDSP is one of the worst cpu hogs on the market.On my test machine I can get 4 Synth1's layered together with full fisted chords and never get above 40% cpu.On certain Disco patches just one note will cause the computer to lock up.DSP's Fm synth Phantom even brought down a 3gig cpu.I've had discussions with George from DiscoDSP but they don't seem interested in cutting down the cpu usage of their synths.Having said that DiscoDSP doesn't sound bad but I found it a little flat.I'm not concerned whether or not either one sounds like a Nord Lead but I prefer Synth1's sound. Very Happy
Dj Puck

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Synth1 Free Vst! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Teksonik wrote:
Hi everyone just wanted to post this in case anyone missed it.Synth1 by Ichiro Toda is an excellent free virtual analog synth capable of a wide range of sounds(don't go by the factory presets) Here is the link:http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-SanJose/5005/softsynth/index.html

I have a couple of banks of patches for Synth1 here:
http://www.freewebs.com/teksonik/synthpatches.htm

Check this synth out-you won't be sorry! Very Happy

I'm a noob, how do i install this patch?
Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Patch Archive
Jump to: