electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
electro-music 2007 - Official Announcement
Page 1 of 3 [61 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: electro-music 2007 - Official Announcement
Subject description: June 1-3, 2007 - Philadelphia
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is an official announcement

We have finalized arrangements to hold electro-music 2007 at the Cheltenham Art Center in Philadelphia on June 1-3, 2007.

Click Here!

A lot of people worked very hard to try to get us a venue in Europe for 2007, but nothing has worked out. (Thanks very much for all of your efforts. You worked hard to make this happen and I know you are disappointed.) Maybe we can do something in Europe in 2008.

The Cheltenham Art Center has provided us with an almost ideal facility for the last two years. The events have been great experiences. We are very lucky to find a place that would give us virtually their entire facility with three decent venues, a demo room, and class rooms for three entire days at a very reasonable price. We can also serve alcohol.

Anyway, we are fortunate to get the CAC again. We will use virtually the same format, with a few technical improvements.

We will post updates as soon as we have more solid information. Check out the 2006 web site for info http://event.electro-music.com and be sure to look at The Movie, http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-12372.html and the pictures on the gallery: http://electro-music.com/forum/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=2272&g2_GALLERYSID=3a1e024ae9d53f4945998d0a1cf27676

In the meantime, mark the dates on your calendars; you don't want to miss it.

Last edited by mosc on Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:15 pm; edited 6 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Agnes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yippie! See you all there! jackson dancing

I'll help with publicity , and I can help monitor the streaming again.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent. We'll get to work on this very soon. Thanks for volunteering... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Agnes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Howard,

I'd like to suggest that this year, at the electro-music 2007, we make an effort to advise our attendees about some of the exciting things happening in the Philadelphia area.

Here is a web page that lists some of the Philadelphia night life including some of the underground and edge happenings: http://philadelphia.com/nightlife/index.html

It is unfortunate for us that the Philadelphia Fringe Festival (http://philadelphiafringefestival.org/index.html) is held in late August & early September, but there is always something going on, if you know where to look. One of those places to look is the Painted Bride http://www.thepaintedbride.com/ . They have a constant round of artistic/cultural/musical events and exhibitions, and then of course we have a world class Art Museum, as well as several very good ones, one of world's best archeological museums, the Museum of Archeology and Anthropology at the University of Pennsylvania, the Franklin Institute where there is a Planetarium (where, if I'm not mistaken, Mark Jenkins performed), and the Rotunda where they often have concerts of the type of music we love.

I think that if we were to suggest it, we could do some sort of interaction with the Gatherings that are held here too.

Of course Philadelphia has its share of major historic spots as Philadelphia was the cradle of the American Revolution, several theatres with lots of plays, rock music concerts both large and small, and sports events, so that our participants/attendees families and spouses can have a wonderful vacation while we make music, if they don't want to join us 24/7 (so to speak).

We might even consider setting up some sort of van or jitney to shuttle people back and forth to some of these events.

And then there are several Bed & Breakfasts within a 10 mile radius, so that there is more choice then the Red Roof Motel or other traditional hotels. Check out http://www.bnbfinder.com/bnbfinder.php and http://www.bbonline.com/pa/philadelphia.html.

I'd like to hear from some of you guys how you are responding to these ideas and ask for more suggestions.

Agnes (abwajdyk)
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't want to send people elsewhere during the weekend of em2007, but things to do before or after would be fine.
Bed and Breakfasts are a good idea.
mtvic

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tend to spend most of my time either at the C.A.C.
or at home resting for the next day.
I am volunteering to host again this year.
Perhaps if anyone would like to tour the city they may want to arrive earlier in the week .

Agnes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK guys! I never suggested that anybody miss the music . I only said that family members might want to do these things, or you might want to do them before or after the event.

Besides, everyone was dissapointed that we could not go to Europe. Well, why want to go to Europe if not to do the tourist stuff and all I was doing was pointing out that Phila has got a lot of tourist junk too.

So back off about my suggesting that we all miss the conference to go sightseeing! That was not what I said or suggested. I quote myself, "so that our participants/attendees families and spouses can have a wonderful vacation while we make music, if they don't want to join us 24/7 (so to speak)."
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

abwajdyk wrote:
24/7

in case of a festival lasting 3 days it should be 24/3 Exclamation right Question
Cool

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
Agnes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right! Razz
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is very good news Howard. Robin and I plan to attend for the entire 3 days AND I would like the privilege to perform and volunteer as sound engineer. I will discuss with you the details on on just how to get on the roster Very Happy

As far as technical improvements that some of us discussed on the forum, I have aquired a second Shark DSP FEEDBACK destroyer unit so I will have two, as promised, for the event to cut the mic feedback during announcements or whatever.

I will also donate the first $150.00 toward the rental of any amplified SUBWOOFER systems
as I promised back in June in one of the forum discussions. This is, of course, if it is decided that we actually need them.

More to come ....

Bill
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, thanks Bill. I think everyone would appreciate subs.
flowersniffer7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Awesome Line-up Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very good line up... hopefully I will be in PA for that... GSGA & Diana Behlke... Good shit!
mrfang

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aw... this is the same weekend as MUTEK!

Sad
aclmusic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow this is great! I have been creating music for years and never knew anything like this was in place in my back yard. I would like to know as much as possible about this event and I plan to attend. Please PM me If you would like to share more details or experiences from past events.
Thanks and I'm glad I joined this forum.

ACL

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We have a site just for the event -- http://event.electro-music.com
algorhythm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: electro-music 2007 - Official Announcement

mosc wrote:
...electro-music 2007 ... June 1-3, 2007.

You should put this on the electro-music calendar.
Here's how, http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-10702.html Wink

Vytear (Jason), the 2006 Laptop Battle winner, recommended the conference. So if I'm not buried by work I'll come out, the go to NYC for NIME 2007 the next weekend.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: electro-music 2007 - Official Announcement

algorhythm wrote:

You should put this on the electro-music calendar.
Here's how, http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-10702.html Wink

Embarassed Thanks... Embarassed

OAO3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the audio acrobats are considering making another attempt at coming out this year, barring anymore car accidents on the way Crying or Very sad
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is an olde expression "Lightning never strikes the same place twice." This is known to be incorrect, but if it moves you to considering coming again, then it that would be good. Well, I think it is not always wrong. Very Happy
choklitlove

Audio files: 17

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

aclmusic wrote:
Wow this is great! I have been creating music for years and never knew anything like this was in place in my back yard.
ACL

consider yourself lucky! i'm in indiana, which will make it tough to get there. i know i should probably consider myself lucky as well, compared to others...
anyway, hopefully i'll see you guys there. quick question, will they have nametags that we would wear with our screenname on them? sounds like a weird dating thing, but it might be a good idea if not.
egw
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, we have name tags. You can identify yourself however you like!
RemixRick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Count me in. I'm looking forward to meeting and greeting and am happy to help if you need me. PM for my phone number.

Since I'm driving I can bring some extra equipment to help out those who are flying and don't want to subject their precious equipment to the gorillas in the baggage dept. I have access to a G2X, G2 engine and a classic NM1 keyboard. I hate to ask but how do you guys handle security?

Is there perhaps a need for some of us to bring video cameras to help tape sessions and performances?

Peace ... Rick

P.S. I'll contribute to the subwoofer fund. Gotta have that deep sub-bass to really feel the beat.

PPS I'd also contribute towards the rental of a popcorn machine.
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Yes, we have name tags. You can identify yourself however you like!

What WOULD be cool is that if you have an avatar on our forum, print a 1.5" x 1.5" of it on a label and stick it to you name tag at electro-music 2007. You would be surprised at how many folks will recognize that image.

Like Greg says, we can ID ourselves however we like Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Bill
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
the audio acrobats are considering making another attempt at coming out this year, barring anymore car accidents on the way

Thats great, I enjoyed your music very much at the last event! Yes, pray for NO accidents, for sure! Very Happy

Bill
egw
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

State Machine wrote:
What WOULD be cool is that if you have an avatar on our forum, print a 1.5" x 1.5" of it on a label and stick it to you name tag at electro-music 2007. You would be surprised at how many folks will recognize that image.

Nice idea!
Page 1 of 3 [61 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Jump to: