electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals » EU electro-music Modular Event
Travel Assistance
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
RemixRick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Travel Assistance Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*** Update: the $350 fare is gone. I should have booked it the moment I saw it. Crying or Very sad ***

Hi All,

I've started this thread to alleviate the conference organizers from having to answer all our travel questions and come-up with solutions for every possible travel scenario (arriving early, staying later, getting to the conference from various airports, etc. etc. etc.).

My secondary goal is to make it possible for those members who are coming early to meet-up so that they can stay, party and travel together if they desire. Saturday night in Amsterdam should be quite fun I would think.

I'm flying out of the East Coast of the USA and am both arriving early and staying later. I've done some preliminary research on airfares and will be looking into hotel arrangements for arriving before/staying after the event. If I can be of assistance please post-up or PM me.

It's only going to cost me $350 roundtrip so if you're being quoted $1000+ airfare I'll send you my itinerary so you can see if similar fares might be available to you. I found it cheapest to fly into Amsterdam. I looked at Brussels, London, and Paris and they were all 2-4 times as much money, depending on length of stay. My airfare is further reduced because I'll be staying 2 weeks.

Those of us arriving early and staying in or around Amsterdam may be able to catch a ride with Rob's car caravan on Monday morning, depending on how many of us there are. However, we might need to take the train and taxi to the chateau and it seems to me that as a group we'll have the best chance of getting our directions right.

I look forward to meeting you! Please post-up your questions and travel info. so that we solve as many problems as a community as possible rather than burdening the organizers.

Last edited by RemixRick on Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rob

G2 patch files: 109

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great you want to help. Much appreciated.

It seems that Amsterdam is often the cheapest place to fly to, compared with Brussels or Paris. Though this might differ for different cities of departure. You also have to check airport taxes etc. as those are often not included in cheap offers.

Anyway, whenever you arrive in The Netherlands or Belgium we can take care of you, as long as we know the flight number and time and date of arrival.

Amsterdam Airport is about 18 minutes by train from Amsterdam and 30 minutes by train from The Hague, six trains per hour or so and the railway station is right below the main hall. But I do not mind to organize that you are picked up by car from the airport.

My guess is to organize the details some later, a couple of weeks before the Event seems ok to me.
swh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Travelling from London? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello all.

I'm Steve Harris, only just subscribed to this forum, but I know Rob and co. from years back. Used to hang out on the Nord Modular list.

I'm moving house to walking distance from Waterloo station soon, so if anyone wants to travel from London to Brussels by train I can offer somewhere to stay the night before.

Also, if anyone else is thinking of going by train from London, I'd be interested in traveling with you.

The cheapest train tickets work out at about €90 or £60, a bit cheaper that a plane, but less hassle.

- Steve
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome Steve, good to have you around, both here and in Belgium.
RemixRick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Steve,

Thanks for offering your info. and assistance! I look forward to meeting you at EU EM07.

Best ... RemixRick
mtvic

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rick
Send me a PM with your itinerary
350 RT sounds feasable for me.
m

Rob

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mtvic wrote:
Rick
Send me a PM with your itinerary
350 RT sounds feasable for me.
m

That would be US Airways #748 from Philadelphia to Amsterdam. It arrives every morning at 8.05 AM. I guess we could pick up people from this flight around 9:00 to 10:00 in the morning of Monday July 30th and then take the drive to the Chateau and arrive there about two to three PM. Seems very convenient.

You do need to check for any tax, insurance, ADT and other surprises before buying a ticket.
RemixRick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I should have booked that flight as soon as I saw it because that fare is gone Crying or Very sad All their fares are now $1149 Crying or Very sad

This is a bitter pill to swallow!

Update: I called and spoke with their usairways.com support team. They cannot see any reason for the fare to have jumped because the flights are not nearly filled. Best advice is to check back in a couple of days and see if there's been a change.

mtvic

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will continue to check usair fares.
I am pretty poor at this time.
Heating oil prices are draining.
It is 11 degrees farenheit here in Pennsylvania.
Just thinking about June and July is making it feel about 21 degrees !!
Brrr.
m

BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Travelling from London? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

swh wrote:
Hello all.

I'm Steve Harris, only just subscribed to this forum, but I know Rob and co. from years back. Used to hang out on the Nord Modular list.

I'm moving house to walking distance from Waterloo station soon, so if anyone wants to travel from London to Brussels by train I can offer somewhere to stay the night before.

Also, if anyone else is thinking of going by train from London, I'd be interested in traveling with you.

The cheapest train tickets work out at about €90 or £60, a bit cheaper that a plane, but less hassle.

- Steve

Hi Steve,

I will be going from waterloo station as well so maybe we can arrange to travel together.

Cheers

Andy
swh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Travelling from London? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:

Hi Steve,

I will be going from waterloo station as well so maybe we can arrange to travel together.

Cheers

Andy

Sure. I've not got tickets yet as they don't seem to be available for pre-booking yet, but when thier available give me a shout on steve dot harris at garlik dot com. I'll post something here when their available, if I remember.
swh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Train tickets Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm considering trains like these:

Outward journey
London Waterloo Int to Brussels Midi Depart: Mon 30th Jul 2007 - 10:43
Arrive: Mon 30th Jul 2007 - 14:02
Duration: 02h19m
£29.50

Return journey
Brussels Midi to London Waterloo Int Depart: Sun 5th Aug 2007 - 17:07
Arrive: Sun 5th Aug 2007 - 18:27
Duration: 02h20m
£44.50

Total Fare
£74.00

If it's possible to get from the chateau to Brussels by about 12:30 there's a cheaper train back to London.
Rob

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: Train tickets Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

swh wrote:
I'm considering trains like these:

Outward journey
London Waterloo Int to Brussels Midi Depart: Mon 30th Jul 2007 - 10:43
Arrive: Mon 30th Jul 2007 - 14:02
Duration: 02h19m
£29.50

Return journey
Brussels Midi to London Waterloo Int Depart: Sun 5th Aug 2007 - 17:07
Arrive: Sun 5th Aug 2007 - 18:27
Duration: 02h20m
£44.50

Total Fare
£74.00

If it's possible to get from the chateau to Brussels by about 12:30 there's a cheaper train back to London.

It looks like it is quite convenient to pick you both up at Brussels Midi at 14:00

Someone can bring you to Brussels on Sunday the 5th to get on that 12:30 train. Note that the Event includes the night from the 5th to the 6th, so it is also possible to take that 12:30 train on Monday the 6th.

Read also the emails on our dedicated participants email list, where we organize all details.

/Rob
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aren´t even the brits going there by Horsa?? Shocked

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals » EU electro-music Modular Event
Jump to: