electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nomad - NM1 Open Source Editor
MicroModular
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
benway

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: MicroModular Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use a Micro and until now i don't get Nomand to work. I have made all changes you have to do. The Software recoginzes Midi, after downloading Plumstone. I change in The Text Editor from 4 to 1. Try to upload and download to Slot A. Nothing happend. The Display in the Micro shows a Point between the Numbers, normaly this point is after the second Number and shows that Midi is activ. I've never see this, so i think it is a problem with your software.

Hope to help you and if it is possible i will do it again...

Goodnight
chresan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi benway,

can you post the log file nomad/nomad.log here ?

What happens if you create an empty patch, send it to the micro and add a few modules ?

Christian

benway

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm able to create a patch, but I'm not able to "play" it. When i read your message i try it out again and it worked for about 1 min until i turn the volume button in the Software and get this message. Create another Patch nothing works...means no sound...

Open 4 another Test when you tell me what to do

greets

********************************************************************************
Nomad Version 0.2.1 (pre-release)

[os]
Mac OS X \ 10.4.8 \ ppc

[java vm]
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM \ "Apple Computer, Inc." \ 1.5.0_06-64

[java path]
java.library.path=.:/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java
java.class.path=/Users/Svensyntetics/Desktop/nomad/nomad.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Classes/.compatibility/14compatibility.jar

********************************************************************************

property file:conf/application.xml
[STATUS] Loading splash:file:/Users/Svensyntetics/Desktop/nomad/data/images/splash.jpg
[STATUS] Starting application.
conf/properties.xml (No such file or directory)
Application seems to be started the first time: using default properties.
[STATUS] [PROGRESS] Initializing
[STATUS] [PROGRESS] Images
[STATUS] [PROGRESS] Modules
[STATUS] [PROGRESS] Module builder
[STATUS] [PROGRESS] Themes
[STATUS] [PROGRESS] Nomad - 0.2.1 (pre-release)
[ERR]Communication timed out. [ERROR:-1607598163]
[ERR]net.sf.nmedit.jnmprotocol.MidiException: Communication timed out.
[ERR] at net.sf.nmedit.jnmprotocol.NmProtocol.heartbeat(NmProtocol.java:57)
[ERR] at net.sf.nmedit.jsynth.clavia.nordmodular.v3_03.NordModular$NmProcotolExtension.heartbeat(NordModular.java:265)
[ERR] at net.sf.nmedit.jsynth.clavia.nordmodular.v3_03.NordModular$MessageProcessor.processMessages(NordModular.java:346)
[ERR] at net.sf.nmedit.jsynth.util.SelfRegulatingThread.run(SelfRegulatingThread.java:85)
[ERR] at net.sf.nmedit.jsynth.clavia.nordmodular.v3_03.NordModular$MessageProcessor.run(NordModular.java:314)
[ERR]java.lang.ClassCastException: net.sf.nmedit.jpatch.clavia.nordmodular.v3_03.spec.DModule
[ERR] at sun.awt.datatransfer.DataTransferer.translateTransferable(DataTransferer.java:1236)
[ERR] at apple.awt.CDataTransferer.translateTransferable(CDataTransferer.java:126)
[ERR] at sun.awt.datatransfer.DataTransferer$5.run(DataTransferer.java:2086)
[ERR] at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
[ERR] at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461)
[ERR] at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
[ERR] at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
[ERR] at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
[ERR] at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:176)
[ERR] at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)
[ERR]java.lang.ClassCastException: net.sf.nmedit.jpatch.clavia.nordmodular.v3_03.spec.DModule
[ERR] at sun.awt.datatransfer.DataTransferer.translateTransferable(DataTransferer.java:1236)
[ERR] at apple.awt.CDataTransferer.translateTransferable(CDataTransferer.java:126)
[ERR] at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
[ERR] at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
[ERR]Communication timed out. [ERROR:-1607400235]
[ERR] at net.sf.nmedit.jsynth.clavia.nordmodular.v3_03.NordModular$NmProcotolExtension.heartbeat(NordModular.java:265)
[ERR] at net.sf.nmedit.jsynth.clavia.nordmodular.v3_03.NordModular$MessageProcessor.processMessages(NordModular.java:346)
[ERR] at net.sf.nmedit.jsynth.util.SelfRegulatingThread.run(SelfRegulatingThread.java:85)
[ERR] at net.sf.nmedit.jsynth.clavia.nordmodular.v3_03.NordModular$MessageProcessor.run(NordModular.java:314)
[ERR]Communication timed out. [ERROR:-1607396477]
[ERR]Communication timed out. [ERROR:-1607389672]
chresan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Benway,

thanks for providing the logfile. I have an idea where the problem is, now.
However there seems to be two different problems involved and one of them
looks like the connection to the synth could not be established. Can you do
following steps for me:
1. start Nomad
2. connect to the synth
3. upload slot A
4. wait about 5-10 seconds
5. exit Nomad
then post the new nomad.log logfile here.

benway

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is it again...I hope you will get this software to work, so i musn't sell my lovley Micro:-) That's why I'm willing to help you...
Nomad Version 0.2.1 (pre-release)

[os]
Mac OS X \ 10.4.8 \ ppc

[java vm]
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM \ "Apple Computer, Inc." \ 1.5.0_06-64

[java path]
java.library.path=.:/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java
java.class.path=/Users/Svensyntetics/Desktop/nomad/nomad.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Classes/.compatibility/14compatibility.jar

property file:conf/application.xml
[STATUS] Loading splash:file:/Users/Svensyntetics/Desktop/nomad/data/images/splash.jpg
[STATUS] Starting application.
conf/properties.xml (No such file or directory)
Application seems to be started the first time: using default properties.
[STATUS] [PROGRESS] Initializing
[STATUS] [PROGRESS] Images
[STATUS] [PROGRESS] Modules
[STATUS] [PROGRESS] Module builder
[STATUS] [PROGRESS] Themes
[STATUS] [PROGRESS] Nomad - 0.2.1 (pre-release)
[ERR]Communication timed out. [ERROR:-1425993631]
[ERR]Communication timed out. [ERROR:-1425973370]
[ERR] at net.sf.nmedit.jsynth.clavia.nordmodular
chresan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

benway wrote:
Here is it again...I hope you will get this software to work, so i musn't sell my lovley Micro:-) That's why I'm willing to help you...

I can calm you down, the support for the micro will become better in the next release. A friend of mine has bought a micro recently so I can test nomad there.

But now, thing is those that nomad should already work with your micro. After I have revised the second log file you posted here I assume that the problem is somewhere else, maybe plumstone is not working correctly.

Well, I cannot do anything at the moment. I am going on vacation tomorrow and will be back in a few days. When I am back I'll take care of the problem. Perhaps I will send you a utility that can perform some tests so we know if your midi connection is working or not.

Sincerely,
Christian

benway

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Under the osx beta editor from clavia everything works fine, so it must be a problem with Pumbstone...? We will see...

happy christmas
herr_prof

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oddly enough, the only midi port I can talk to my micro with either editor is the built in ports on my delta 1010. Might it a case of usb midi versus pci midi?
chresan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

herr_prof wrote:
oddly enough, the only midi port I can talk to my micro with either editor is the built in ports on my delta 1010. Might it a case of usb midi versus pci midi?

Hi, generally there should not be a difference between usb or pci midi devices. If you know that other applications have problems with your pci device it is probably a driver issue. But if you encounter only problems with nomad, than it is a problem in Nomad/Java. Well, for now I have to put you off until the next release. I will try to fix the problems until then, perhaps I will provide a utility to check whats going on.

Sincerely,
Christian

herr_prof

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea its only in communication with the micro that I have problems using my midi ports under xppro. I can buy that the delta has better legacy drivers being an older device, and let me know when you have test tools, i would be happy to provide whatever data I can.
chresan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

herr_prof,

thanks for the offer to use the test tools. I will leave a notification here, if they become available.

For now, you can check following. If your device has more than one midi Input/Output port and if the midi connection dialog has duplicate entries then try to connect the micro to the Input/Output which usually is listed first. For example my midisport 2x2 has a Input A, Input B, Output A and Output B. I have to use Input A together with Output A.

Christian

Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nomad - NM1 Open Source Editor
Jump to: