electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  EdisonRex Edison's Electronic Review
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 FAQ
How best to build a clock synced audio slicer/recycler?
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Aesoteric

G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject:  How best to build a clock synced audio slicer/recycler?
Subject description: Converting an MSP idea into a G2 patch...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey all,

My first post...I'm a long time MicroModular user and brand new G2 Engine owner (she moved in today..!) Laughing

I'm utterly loving it.

I mostly use my Micro for audio processing and mangling, and the lovely new G2 is going to be paired with my Electrix Repeater for looping/processing fun....I'm going to run inputs 1-2 in the FX loop of my amp into the Repeater's inputs, and then have inputs 3-4 of the G2 in the FX loop of the Repeater...that way I can loop the G2 and, or use it to process loops...ultimate, beautiful flexibility. Anyways, enough excitable gushings...

I'm hoping someone can give me a few tips on a processing patch I'm working on...its something I originally built in Max/MSP and use as an AudioUnit inside Live 5 (I tried to attach a mini-standalone version of the Max patch for anyone to try but I keep getting an error when I try to post)

Basically what the Max patch does is realtime recycling of loops...it splits a loop up into a set number of slices and then re-orders them (user definable using a multi-slider object) on the fly. Its great for Reich-esque melodic phrases and breaks.

I've built a few approximations on the G2 today, one based on two quad delays, clock synced to different beat divisions and run into a 8-1 multi and another based on Tim's Elastic Audio looper, using a step sequencer to control the Scrub parameter. Neither of these are entirely perfect, and neither really work tightly enough to use with rhythms - has anyone built anything similar to this in the past...I've searched the patches but can't find anything...if anyone can give me any pointers I'd be really grateful. A way of running the delay based system so that its not behind the clock (because of the delay!)??! Thats why I thought Tim's system might be the way to go, but unfortunately I'm not quite at a stage where I can easily reverse engineer his patch to my own ends...

Anyways, this is turning into the War and Peace of 1st posts, so I'll shut up...my only excuse is my excitment at my sexy new 1U rackable friend.... Wink

Cheers in advance for any help,

Aes (Tim)
Blue Hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 143
G2 patch files: 318

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome Tim and congrats with the G2.

For help I was going to point you to that other Tim, but well, you already found it Very Happy

How long should the swappable audio bits be ? I can imagine this to eat memory very fast.

Aesoteric

G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Blue Hell,

Cheers for getting back to me, and for the warm welcome...

The audio fragments only have to be fairly short...imagine a one bar drum loop with all 16th notes...each slice is only one beat long.

I've got a few approximations, but none that sound as defined and tidy as the Max version.

One other question, is it possible to upload Max patches and apps?

Cheers,

Tim
Blue Hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 143
G2 patch files: 318

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aesoteric wrote:
One other question, is it possible to upload Max patches and apps?

You tried, so apparently not ... maybe mosc could allow for it, what file extensions would you need ?

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome

.pat .mxb and .mxt are enabled on this forum. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tim Kleinert

Audio files: 6
G2 patch files: 211

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Régardez ici:

http://electro-music.com/forum/post-114862.html#114862

Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 FAQ
Jump to: