electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » OSX as a music workstation
&#$*%*&!!! DP 4.61 KILLING MY SOUL..please help!
Page 6 of 8 [186 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Digiton

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the project of course is not opening.....

1)do you know what the corrupted file was? I think you said reinstalling might work...

2)if i start a new project, i know how to import the sound files etc. but wouldn't i have to re "edit" and basically resequence the entire song?

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

File: "._MOTU PCI Audio Console.rsrc"
Detected that the resource header is damaged
Console.app/Contents/Resources/"

How bad this is depends a bit on how DP or whatever uses that file. In general the death of resource header is not that cool at all. I don´t know Dp, and I have no way to debug this from here.

Can you create and save a new project?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FYI:

A .kext file is a kernel extension. They're generally used for device drivers and other things that need to modify the system at the lowest level.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Digiton

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i just created and saved a new project
EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a reinstall of DP wouldn't hurt anything.

I don't think it's DP doing it. Make sure your VSTs and everything are happy.

Remember that this was only one project crashing. If it still crashes, we try rescue, as I said, it's a matter of opening a new project and picking stuff out of the old one.

Do, please make sure that other projects work! It'd suck to be thinking we have a good install and a bad project, just to find out that the install is bad.

So yes, a reinstall won't do any harm. But check other projects too. Please.

Home,My Studio,and another view
Digiton

A .kext file is a kernel extension. They're generally used for device drivers and other things that need to modify the system at the lowest level.

sounds bad

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
BTW.. the new VDGG reunion is fun.

It was sold out Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad I knew too late.

Sorry for the interuption.

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Of what importance this specific .kext file is I simply don´t know. However, this seems at first glance to be your soundcard driver. So.. intuitively this seems to be pretty uncool. This might not be the real problem you are facing here though.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
EdisonRex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

try reinstalling the software for the MOTU hardware. It's a 2496 or somesuch?

Digiton

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok guys, i'm about to call it quits..but another news flash i tried opening an older project as edison suggests and it crashed...it fucking crashed. So I guess this could mean just reinstalling DP 4 could do the trick? Here is the thing, if I reinstall (or upgrade) my DAW will I have to re-enter all the serial numbers of each plugin? I am doubtful that will happen!
Digiton

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

try reinstalling the software for the MOTU hardware. It's a 2496 or somesuch?

i'm unclear here....

EdisonRex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Digiton wrote:
ok guys, i'm about to call it quits..but another news flash i tried opening an older project as edison suggests and it crashed...it fucking crashed. So I guess this could mean just reinstalling DP 4 could do the trick? Here is the thing, if I reinstall (or upgrade) my DAW will I have to re-enter all the serial numbers of each plugin? I am doubtful that will happen!

reinstall the hardware's software first, then reinstall DP.

let me know how you get on. i'll check in, in the morning. Good luck.

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Listen guys, I´ll step back now and let EdisonRex take over the decisionmaking. Instead I´ll practice diversions with Blue Hell.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Digiton

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, so you mean reinstall the software for the sound card? Sorry this is the last post for today i swear
EdisonRex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry I keep thinking you have some MOTU hardware too.

If you don't, then reinstall the software for whatever hardware you have, then reinstall your DP, THEN! reinstall your VSTs. Something is fucked up, and a reinstall will probably get it all back in shape. But you need to get all of the bits straight.

Digiton

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok thanks!
EdisonRex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm about to fall over to sleep. I do that from time to time. PM or check in on this thread, please, with progress. I'll be back in 8 hours. Smile

If anybody else can help., feel free. I'm a team player :p

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sometimes plugns will act up. When loading a certain plugiun the project will crash.. You could try to remove certain VST plugins and see what DP does.

remove? Actually.. you could just try to move the plugins. Do you know where to find them?

Most DAWs will return an error whenever a plugin used in a project is missing.. but still open the project.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
EdisonRex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
Sometimes plugns will act up. When loading a certain plugiun the project will crash.. You could try to remove certain VST plugins and see what DP does.

remove? Actually.. you could just try to move the plugins. Do you know where to find them?

Most DAWs will return an error whenever a plugin used in a project is missing.. but still open the project.

that was something I was thinking based on his error message. But I think there's something else going on, but I don't see what the "else" is.

He said he tried this and it still crashed. Lets see if after reinstalls, at least the application starts.

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Path:

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST

Try moving these to some other folder somewhere. Shut DP down before doing this.

Duplicate your current project file and open the duplicate when debugging this,

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EdisonRex wrote:
elektro80 wrote:

that was something I was thinking based on his error message. But I think there's something else going on, but I don't see what the "else" is.

He said he tried this and it still crashed. Lets see if after reinstalls, at least the application starts.

Hey, you are still with us! Very Happy Nice!

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EdisonRex wrote:

But did he really move the right plugins out....?

I dunno. A reinstall might not hurt.. but it can be just as smart to mess with this before he reinstalls. That way he comes as close to "fresh" as possible.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can imagine several states a plug-in can be in when being called by the DAW. Plug-ins also often have their own pref files.

One possible move is to try to remember all the plugins used and then open these in a new project and check if any of these are asking for a registration code or something.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are DP project files really bundles? Any chance there is an xml inside there somewhere with a list of all plug-ins used?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Digiton, did you ever tell us which sound card you use? Do you have a MOTU device installed?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Page 6 of 8 [186 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » OSX as a music workstation
Jump to: