electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord Lead and Nord Wave synths
Nord Lead 3 SysEx Dumps
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
digitalint

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject:  Nord Lead 3 SysEx Dumps Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Has anyone tried to send patch sysex dumps to their nord and receive this message:

"snd dump ignored enable rcv mode"

Funny thing is I can send other sysex bank dumps (from 3rd party vendors successfully), but when I send the factory banks, I get this message. Any help would be appreciated.
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What software are you using?

Wout
digitalint

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sending from ProTools LE 7.3.1/003 Rack via MIDI on a Mac Book Pro running OSX 10.4.8.

MIDI Out from the 003 to the MIDI In of the Nord. Memory protect is off, SysEx ID set to ALL, PrgChg set to Snd&Rcv, MIDICtrl set to Snd&Rcv, Local OFF, MIDI Global set to Channel 1, Nord Lead OS 1.20. Like I said, it works great when loading vengeance patches, but not the factory patches.
Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you download the Nord Sound Manager from Clavia's site, you can check if those files are 1.20 and may work.

Wout
digitalint

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wout, thanks much for the help.

Now I believe that my troubles are deeper than the patches. When I change patches, I can move the pots, but non of the values are changing nor are the lights moving.

Also, when I'm running my sequencer for 10-15 minutes straight, it seems as though the patch sound gets stuck (much like a stuck MIDI note) and the only way to clear it is to turn the unit off. The Nord gets pretty warm near the power supply as well (not sure if that has anything to do with it). Any thoughts there?
digitalint

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, somewhat embarrased but I have to provide my discovery for others who may follow in my path.

1. "snd dump ignored enable rcv mode" - this problem had to do with me trying to load performance 1 into bank 1. Duh!

2. Pots move, but values don't change. This was due to Local being set to off (V1.20). Is this right? I thought it was due to me having a corrupt 1.20 MIDI file. Loaded 1.08 back into the Rack and all the pots seemed to work there (but I didn't verify that Local was set to off when I had 1.08 loaded.

3. Haven't encountered the "stuck note" thing yet and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

digitalint wrote:
3. Haven't encountered the "stuck note" thing yet and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Maybe to much Midi info at once?

Certainly no need to be embarrased and you found the answers Smile

And two out of three isn't bad at all! Very Happy

Wout
digitalint

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL!!! Thanks Wout!
Infra

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I found this old thread... and I want to add following.

Ok, I have this problem once before.

I know that this message turns up when trying to import a program to performance or vice versa but...

It also turns up, when importing a bank and not has erased the earlier bank.

press the midi menu button , scroll down to "program recieve Bank: 1 > Erase.

Now press ">" (the right cursor button) to erase the bank, confirm with ">" again
The display now raises up to 100% , this takes a second or two.

The following message appears, "Waiting for dump"

Now again, Use nord manager, open the bank you want to copy, and choose download in menu, choose if its a programbank
or a performance bank you want to download to the synth.

pretty much it !

// F
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord Lead and Nord Wave synths
Jump to: