electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » ChucK programming language
Problems with miniAudicle, Chuck & Jack
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
disablek

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Problems with miniAudicle, Chuck & Jack Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've compiled miniaudicle with jack enabled, and i get this message while trying to run a chuck script.

[fm.ck]:line(4): ugen's of type 'DAC' have no input - cannot => from another ugen...

Is there any reason i'm getting this? Also I've tried miniaudicle alsa, and it occasionally displays a rtpapialsa callback error or just hangs on adding a shred. Incidentally is there any reason why the commandline switch bufnum isn't ever passed to the chuck vm? I've found that using chuck on the commandline, i needed to specify the number of buffers to be 4 for it to work, which doesn't work in miniaudicle.

There's a possibility that it's my sound drivers that are a problem. I'm running ubuntu studio 7.04 on an alc888 on board sound.

Edit: Just in case someone reads this in the future, miniAudicle version is 0.1.3.7 (alpha) which comes with chuck 1.2.0.8 (dracula)
disablek

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like the oss version works though.
kijjaz

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i was using chuck and miniAudicle in debian/ubuntu linux on some older laptop computers also.
and had the same problem.

so i had to use OSS then.
the way to solve problem might be around ALSA and the soundcard.
(i'm still very confused with alsa and incoporating soundcards and audio interface -_-)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
disablek

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Somehow i think it's just a question of configuration of the soundcard. The only problem is how to do it, so that sucks Smile
kijjaz

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is "sudo alsaconf" and using "asoundconf" works for you?
(for choosing a default card & and preparing a driver for it)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
disablek

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll try that some other day, i'm booted into windows at the moment, which incidentally has miniaudicle running perfectly... hahahhahahha ...... that's hysterical laughter btw.

Anyhow the last time round i checked on my other version of ubuntu, alsaconf seemed to think my soundcard was the alc883 and not the 888.

But i would really like a technical explanation for this
[fm.ck]:line(4): ugen's of type 'DAC' have no input - cannot => from another ugen...

when using jack, since jackd seems to be running all well and good.
kijjaz

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dac has no input?
for me it means jack can't find a way to output to the soundcard. hmm..
(i once got that..)
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now I'm lost, I thought "dac" *wasn't* a Ugen and so doesn't follow the Ugen's style of capitalised naming (it's instead a class that abstracts the sound-driver, seems like subtle difference to me...).

"[fm.ck]:line(4): ugen's of type 'DAC' have no input - cannot => from another ugen... " is quite a strange message then.

Maybe it's time for a mail to Ge.

kijjaz

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not so strange to me.
I've got that quite a few times.
it's just when the sound system isn't set to the dac with "output"

for example.. failed initialization of ALSA..
and it happened that way also if i use 'Digital Camera' (with microphone) as DAC
(surely it doesn't have a sound output)

so it's just because the program can't connect to a right dac
or the system is not correctly configured.
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » ChucK programming language
Jump to: