electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Cwejman Sound
Buying Cwejman modules in Europe
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
etherline

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Buying Cwejman modules in Europe Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was wondering what the experience of European Cwejman customers is? I'm thinking of buying some modules but I've noticed a few things:

1. Prices quoted at a certain French dealer equate to a vast markup over prices in the USA (e.g. a D-LFO in California = 550 USD v 508 euros - at current market prices that equates to about 681 USD!). These are *made* in Europe, are they not?
2. The same French dealer's online shop seems to be missing some modules that are apparently available in the USA. (just esoteric things like - the ADSR-VC2!)
3. Mr. Cwejman's website is perhaps not the best I've ever seen.

So I was wondering, if there are any Europeans fortunate enough to have bought these, can you buy them direct, was it cheaper and was it a good experience?

Also, does anyone know anything more about this mythical rack for the modules? I've seen pictures from the Analogue Haven forum and it looks great, (a really shallow rack would be ideal for me as I haven't much space) but it seems to have gone very quiet there.

I know I could just email Mr. Cwejman, but I'm always reluctant to do this until I'm actually ready to place an order and I'd appreciate any advice.
Grizzle

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Cwejman stuff has gone up in price in Europe. I was lucky and got the Cwejman Dual VCO RM (no.25) for about €420... They're now €584 and it was above €600 at one point...

Possibly Cwejman is charging different prices for different runs and this is being knocked onto the purchaser... Not sure but maybe the american suppliers are still stocking some of the earlier runs at the old price... Not a clue really only guessing Smile

etherline

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see; Rolling Eyes may I ask where you bought your module? How long did it take to deliver?
Grizzle

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not sure if I understand why you're rolling your eyes... but... I bought the module from SchneidersBuero about this time last year... it took about a month, a month and a half for everything to arrive. At the time it was the cheapest it Europe. I didn't contact Cwejman direct because at the time the website was in even worse shape than it is now...

On his website he has the price down as Price; 406 EUR, excl. VAT & shipment.

Jari Jokinen

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I remember correctly, I have bought two Cwejman modules from Analogue Haven and three modules from SchneidersBuero. Before ordering I asked about delivery time. Keep in mind, that the US prices don't include VAT.

Best regards
Jari Jokinen
etherline

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Grizzle wrote:
Not sure if I understand why you're rolling your eyes...

"The Cwejman stuff has gone up in price in Europe"

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
etherline

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jari Jokinen wrote:
If I remember correctly, I have bought two Cwejman modules from Analogue Haven and three modules from SchneidersBuero. Before ordering I asked about delivery time. Keep in mind, that the US prices don't include VAT.

Best regards
Jari Jokinen

Hi Jari,

Thanks for sharing that. When you ordered from the U.S. did you have to pay a lot of import duty as well as VAT and shipping? I was wondering whether individual modules counted as parts in Finland rather than complete units which I think may (possibly) attract lower duty, at least here in the U.K. Did it work out cheaper for you?
austrohungaro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Cwejman in Spain Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's a little shop in Terrassa (near Barcelona) where I bought VM-1. They have all other modules in stock. Prices similar to Schneiders. They also have MFB, Moogmusic, SE and Vermona.
Jari Jokinen

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

etherline wrote:

Thanks for sharing that. When you ordered from the U.S. did you have to pay a lot of import duty as well as VAT and shipping? I was wondering whether individual modules counted as parts in Finland rather than complete units which I think may (possibly) attract lower duty, at least here in the U.K. Did it work out cheaper for you?

I had to pay import duty and the modules were counted as individual music instrument parts.

Best regards
Jari Jokinen
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Cwejman Sound
Jump to: