electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Second time, trying to make noise
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
asafnetzer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject:  Second time, trying to make noise
Subject description: WSG project how to
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello
Just entering the world of DIY music instruments and have finished making an Atari punk console which was a good first time project.
I have seen the great Music From Out Of Space web site and decided to make one myself, there is this one from lorenzo thats look good for a new guy like me and I have a few questions if any one can help.
first is there a way to add body contacts to the device, and if it's easy enough to do and secondly he used toggle switches with 8 pins ??? is any one familiar with this kind of switches,
The DPDT switches I know only have 6 pins, and on the circuit only 6 pins are connected so might it work with normal 6 pins switch ?

Lorenzo WSG

Thanks and best regards, Asaf
P.S if this is the wrong forum just let me know and i'll remove it.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Second time, trying to make noise

asafnetzer wrote:
P.S if this is the wrong forum just let me know and i'll remove it.

Guess there would be a better forum for it, don't worry though someone will move it, not me though, not now, I'm off to bed Very Happy

Shocked isn't Israel about the same time zone as mine scratch hmm, good morning then I guess Very Happy

asafnetzer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea, It's about the same. hour or maybe 2 hour difference
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, I moved this to the general DIY section. Must say that I'm a bit confused about all the DIY entries as well Very Happy
Narbotic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Second time, trying to make noise

asafnetzer wrote:
Hello
Just entering the world of DIY music instruments and have finished making an Atari punk console which was a good first time project.
I have seen the great Music From Out Of Space web site and decided to make one myself, there is this one from lorenzo thats look good for a new guy like me and I have a few questions if any one can help.
first is there a way to add body contacts to the device, and if it's easy enough to do and secondly he used toggle switches with 8 pins ??? is any one familiar with this kind of switches,
The DPDT switches I know only have 6 pins, and on the circuit only 6 pins are connected so might it work with normal 6 pins switch ?

Seems we have a few things in common. I just made an atari punk and finished soldering up my WSG based on Lorenzo's layout. It looks to me that he was using those extra points on the switches, etc. as anchors to reduce stress on the vital connections and the front 2 as grounds. I just used the minimum switches to make the active connections. I'm just starting out with electronics but it seems that if something doesn't make sense to me it indicates an oppurtunity to alter the schematic or at least learn.

and heres a pic of my "Atari Tube" and naked WSG:

WSGbeta_and_Atari_Tube_web.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  104.82 KB
 Viewed:  3152 Time(s)

WSGbeta_and_Atari_Tube_web.jpg

asafnetzer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Narbotic

Yea I guess I'll just have to try and see, still I have not seen an 8 pin toggle switch so that's what confused me, I'm loaded with work right now but I will guess try to work it out with what I know.

Great looking APC, Love the tube Idea

Asaf
Narbotic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm still a little vague on switches but I think we're talking about a toggle SP3T right angle toggle a little like this:
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=202964

Narbotic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oop, found the real scoop on those switches
Quote:
Lorenzo made his PCB based around two DPDT PCB mount toggle switches. (because it's very easy to mount these directly to a PCB)
S2 switches both sides of the battery. (the schem only shows a SPST on one side of the battery. (either way is fine)).
S1 switches in the Wackyness, and uses one half of a DPDT as a SPST.

Here are the terminals on a DPDT
A D
B E
C F

B is connected to A or C. E is connected to D or F.
A,B&C are isolated from D,E&F. They act as two separate SPDTs
A&B alone would be a SPST.

- Uncle Krunkus

asafnetzer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, thanks again, I have figured it out once I have went over all the toggle switches available, just need to finish the next two weeks, lots of crazy work stuff to do and then I'll build it up, Have guess ordered the final items I need.
Thanks and best regards, Asaf
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: