electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Electro-Music Klee Sequencer Build and Applications Thread
Page 1 of 54 [1348 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 52, 53, 54 Next
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 96

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject:  Electro-Music Klee Sequencer Build and Applications Thread
Subject description: Look in first post of thread for latest documents!!! Current Build Doc: Issue 4
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Latest Revisions of electro-music Klee Sequencer Documents:

EM Klee Sequencer Schematics Rev 1.22

Issue 4 Build Doc
Issue 4 Corrected Page 52

Know The Klee, Draft 4

Klee Operating Tips

===============================

Previous Build Documents:

Issue 2 Build Doc

Issue 3 of the Build Doc has been removed - all of the below changes will convert a printed Issue 2 Build Document to an Issue 4 Build Document. If you have already printed an Issue 2 Build Document, and don't wish to kill another tree, print out the following documents and replace the listed pages. This will make it the same as the Issue 4 build doc linked at the top of this page.

Issue 2 Corrected Page 52
Issue 2 Corrected Page 76
Issue 2 Corrected Page 78
Issue 2 Corrected Pages 88 through 89
Issue 2 Corrected Page A-1
Issue 2 Corrected Page B-1

=================================
Well - it's official. V_un_V, Uncle Krunkus, and I have been conspiring to produce a set of PCBs and complete instructions for building the electro-music Klee Sequencer.

This is hopefully the first of many projects we hope to produce as a benefit for the electro-music Community. We certainly want to be up-front with the fact that we would like to sell these boards at a slight profit, with that profit being donated to the upkeep and expense of maintaining the electro-music site. None of us will personally profit from it - this is for the good of the whole and an expression of gratitude to Howard for making electro-music this wonderful home-away-from-home for all of us that it is.

The PCBs will be ROHS compliant, solder masked, double-sided with plated through-holes and top layer silkscreen. They will be produced by Express PCB. There are two PCBs, we affectionately call the Analog and Digital PCBs. Our own Uncle Krunkus has designed these boards, and has done an admirable job of of it.

Tom is, at this moment I'm sure, madly designing a panel for the Klee.

Whether this is viable or not depends on the interest in boards -
a run of twenty boards or less will probably run around $45 for the pair.

Forty boards would be around $35, and a larger run would probably be less. These numbers reflect the portion we'd like to put back into electro-music. Shipping would be additional. We're just unsure of the numbers, hence this poll.

So, here's a chance to get a Klee Sequencer and help keep electro-music the top notch community that it is. If you're interested, please give an aye. If it turns out the boards are too expensive when it comes out in the wash, we won't hold you to an "aye" on this poll. We wouldn't know if you bought one anyway - we plan to sell them through the electro-music Store, so orders would be placed there. We're just trying to gauge the amount of interest.

I've attached the latest draft of the theory of operations to this poll. It continues on from the previous draft I posted in the Klee thread. If there is enough interest in the Klee, I'd also like to have a paper version of the complete manual printed up and offered. Printed, hopefully, by our own Wild Zebra. But, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

One final note - the Klee sequencer can be clocked by anything - an LFO, VCO, flailing smooth voltages, whatever. Word has it that Randaleem is working up an accessory to provide a dedicated clock for it, with variable pulse width and other cool doo-dads, along with some further logic manipulation of the gate bus. It's a project separate from this one, but something to keep an eye on anyway.

Cheers and best regards,
Scott (and Tom and Andy by proxy)

Edit: Restored document after crash of '07.

Last edited by Scott Stites on Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:30 am; edited 10 times in total
Wild Zebra

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't wait to have two more pcb's stacked on the other pcb's I alredy have Embarassed

Glad to see this happening I hope there is enough interest, it been a long time coming. Great work Scott, Tom, Uncle (creepy avatar) Krunkus!

Fidgit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wave

i will / would take 2 PCBs, please

Danno Gee Ray

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay...I'm an addict...

I'm in for a set.

Not that I really NEED another project, I just Jones over that Klee so badly.

Gotta get one.
EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hardly need more projects but I would certainly prioritise this in. I'm in.

Home,My Studio,and another view
fluxmonkey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i would be in for 2 sets, even if it turns out to be the smaller run/higher price option.

will this version include the late-add switchable inverter option?

thanks for pursuing this, guys!

bbob
www.fluxmonkey.com
krisp14u

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cheers for this lad's
put me down for 2 sets of boards
like every one i have 2 many projects to build but they all go on hold when the klee pcb's comes to town Smile

Paul Darlow

www.krisp1.com
numbernone

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just this morning I printed out the schems, and started cobbling the beginning of a layout. I guess I will save myself the torture and proclaim that I will take a set of boards, pretty much regardless of the cost. I will even take a second set if it is necessary to bring this project to fruition.
vtl5c3

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn. It's like Christmas around here. All sortsa nice PCBs on offer.

Count me in for two sets as well.
fonik

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nein, wie geil! (sorry for writing german, but that exclamation comes straight from my heart!)

put me down for one set! thank you for your efforts! that is really great.

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Electro-Music Klee Sequencer PCB Poll
Subject description: Would you like to Klee?

Scott Stites wrote:

OMG!

Shocked Embarassed

I thought I managed to crawl out of that one!!

Actually it's why I did that poll way back- just in case you hadn't already guessed. The Frac got the most votes- but I decided that any old front panel wouldn't do justice for Scott's design, so I set about producing a bespoke design in a 3D mcad package instead- for a bit of cool furniture, as I'm a bit of a sucker for all things that look cool. But as usual, other, far more pressing things have taken precedent , and I've had to shelve the project for the moment- Crying or Very sad

I'm sure most people will devise their own anyway Wink

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
crashlander42

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm so excited I could pee. Very Happy

http://www.myspace.com/isaciongun
http://www.youtube.com/user/Crashlander42
My DIY stuff Flickr
kryptic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, yeah!! You can definitely put me down for at least one set. (maybe two though, not quite sure yet)

EDIT: I definitely want two sets of boards!!!

Last edited by kryptic on Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
aetherpulse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I actually joined this forum hoping that the opportunity for these would happen! So' for my first post: yes please' I'll take a set!
Randaleem

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Electro-Music Klee Sequencer PCB Poll

Scott Stites wrote:
Well - it's official. So, here's a chance to get a Klee Sequencer and help keep electro-music the top notch community that it is. If you're interested, please give an aye.

Scott,

Great news. Aye for two sets, captain!

Quote:

I've attached the latest draft of the theory of operations to this poll.

Thank you. Nicely done.

Scott Stites wrote:

One final note - the Klee sequencer can be clocked by anything - an LFO, VCO, flailing smooth voltages, whatever. Word has it that Randaleem is working up an accessory to provide a dedicated clock for it, with variable pulse width and other cool doo-dads, along with some further logic manipulation of the gate bus. It's a project separate from this one, but something to keep an eye on anyway.

Thank you for mentioning it. I just posted a bit about something I found with the original K2 Schemo in the old thread; and gave a little info about the SLO(LFO). I'll make a full announcement in a new thread soon.

Klee's are cool!

Randal
Randaleem

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Electro-Music Klee Sequencer PCB Poll

Tom,

I'd be glad to fill in. It's funny you mention the MCAD thing as I've felt the same way. I've been using FPE to visualise the Mini-Klee and accessory modules I've been working on but was hoping to have some time to start getting models of synth panel parts into my "regular job" solidworks seat!

During the development of the Mini-K and its cohorts (which are all 3U Frac/Euro); I've been looking at Fonik's panel as a Template of what the Super-Klee would be.

I'd be quite pleased to provide both a 3U and 5U design for the Super Klee in benefit of this electro-music.community. I am already quite fond of this place and the people who gather here!

Randal

v-un-v wrote:
Scott Stites wrote:

OMG!

Shocked Embarassed

I thought I managed to crawl out of that one!!

Actually it's why I did that poll way back- just in case you hadn't already guessed. The Frac got the most votes- but I decided that any old front panel wouldn't do justice for Scott's design, so I set about producing a bespoke design in a 3D mcad package instead- for a bit of cool furniture, as I'm a bit of a sucker for all things that look cool. But as usual, other, far more pressing things have taken precedent , and I've had to shelve the project for the moment- Crying or Very sad

I'm sure most people will devise their own anyway Wink
Uncle Krunkus

Audio files: 52
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At this point in the thread I count 16 sets. That's a pretty good start. I'd like to see at least 30 before we commit to a run of 50. That could get it down to US$35 or less plus postage! Come on Klee Mongers! Put your hands in the air! (And wave them around like you just don't care! Embarassed sorry, that's going a bit too far hey.)
abis

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Hey, that looks like fun! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which is to say, yes! I'd like to order a PCB for the Klee. I've already got a folder of info on my hard drive just waiting for me to step up on the learning curve.
Photon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

10 PRINT "yes, one set please!"
20 GOTO 10
RUN

yes, one set please!
yes, one set please!
yes, one set please!
yes, one set please!
yes, one set please!
yes, one set please!
yes, one set please!
yes, one set please!
yes, one set please!
yes, one set please!
yes, one set please!

flickr
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 96

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is pretty excitin' stuff. I mean the whole electro-music DIY forums PCB explosion. Sooo many PCBs. Soon I'll be looking like a chipmunk with his cheeks stuffed with nuts (only they'll be PCBs). Ian's boards, JH's exciting developments, Fonik's cranking out cool stuff by the bucketload, ditto State Machine, Randaleem's doing stuff, and the Mankato filter is out. I swear, I don't know if I'm coming or going.

Tom - whoops! Sorry about that. I think you did mention something about that privately. You're off the hook. For now. Oh, yessss....for now, old chum. I was looking forward to the Klee furniture. Would you settle for designing a slowly moving Klee laser beam of appropriate kilowattage that moves inexorably towards a bound person's crotch? I have a need....

I too am quite delighted with Fonik's previous work on the Klee front panel (as well as the work he's done with all of his other modules).

Yes - the electro-music Klee will have the Invert B switch. It was a last minute change that resulted in a brainstorming session between Andy and myself. We were discussing enhancements, most of which would have required extra parts. That jostled my memory about something Blue Hell had worked out on a Klee patch on his G2 - that was in the original Klee thread lo these many months ago. We thought about calling it the Blue Hell control, but decided that probably wasn't too descriptive of what it actually did. Very Happy Anyway, the unused inverter was just sitting there.....

Uncle K and I decided to go with option 1 for the max level selector - it would have been a nightmare to offer up three options. That being said, Option 2 (an extra pot selected by the rotary for setting range manually) could easily be implemented without cutting traces or any other nastiness.

Output is the linear slew (as in all the samples) plus you can optionally add extra output connectors pre-slew - a result of Uncle K's new-found PCB wizadry.

Cheers,
Scott

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Naming this the electro-music klee sequencer blows me away. I'm moved and humbled by that. Thanks...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
etaoin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd like a set please.
sneakthief

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gimme klee!

this is the final puzzle piece for my modular.

fonik wrote:
nein, wie geil!

Das stimmt, mein Herr!

goodrevdoc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Xmas in July, oh what a wonderful life indeed! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Put me down for one set!
-justin
fonik

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sneakthief wrote:
...final...

Question

it never comes to an end, i guess.

i decided not to fill a 3rd cabinet this year. i fear i cannot execute this decision.

Page 1 of 54 [1348 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 52, 53, 54 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Jump to: