electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » MAX/MSP - Pd
max/msp 4.5.5 user here
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Nth L0gik

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: max/msp 4.5.5 user here
Subject description: to inform users of what i can do
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

check it.....

the following page displays plugins i've built with max/msp

http://www.nthlogikmedia.ej.am/vstcatalogue.html

and btw this website i've built myself
EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 169

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good to see you found us here.

Hope to see more of what you're up to here.

Smile

Home,My Studio,and another view
Nth L0gik

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: thnx for that
Subject description: plans for future tools/plugins/fx applications ...etc

in the 6 months or so i've been using max.... its opened my eyes to what i can build and help my production end. and in the months to come i'll hopefully be able to finish more complexing bent circuit tools for use with my sequencer
Alexander

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice looking work, and a lot for just six months of experience!!

Great stuff! How are you combining these tools with your setup and have you thought of working in the max/msp environment using only the instruments you've created. I did a first gig using max/msp as the main environment last weekend and that really got to me, I was shaking and at points had trouble clicking my mouse because of it! Very Happy
I felt naked and the power of big patches is truly overwhelming, what helped me most in the past two years was watching and reading other people's experiences and exchanging sleep for patching every now and then!
This forum (and not just this part of it) has a really motivating and friendly community!

Hope to hear some music and see some more of your work in the future!!

(Please do upgrade, the latest version solves a LOT of bugs compared to 4.5.5 and save you some sleepless nights wondering why oh why... and what am I doing wrong.. etcetera!!)

Nth L0gik

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: eureka another tool is born
Subject description: yes indeed ...... cuz max can build the much needed synth resources i've dreamed of having

well alexander

i'll tell you what ..... just 45 mins to an hour ago i got some
inspiration to build another synth but this time i studied a few different sound generator manipulating objects.....

1. the freqshift obj - a time-domain frequency shifter (single-sideband ring modulator) i inserted 2 of those in this new synth
2. the pfft~ fbinshift_loadme obj - for shifting a frequency domain-spectrum inside a pfft~ by a given frequency in Hertz,.... 2 of these objs
the 1st one which is set at 128 with an overlap of 4
the 2nd one which is set at 32 with an overlap of 4

with the controls that alter those objs plus the 5 numberbox controls that adjust frequencies of the overall oscillator engine inside ever so slightly can create some truely exotic sounds .... nowhere near the same as ANY on my vstcatalogue page

and soon i should have a screenshot of this new synth with some *.m3u streamed clips included for all to hear these sounds generated .
Nth L0gik

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Q&A session right quick...
Subject description: some questions alexander asked i missed answering.... sorry bout that

Alexander - Nice looking work, and a lot for just six months of experience!!
Nth L0gik - yezzir...

Alexander - How are you combining these tools with your setup
Nth L0gik - i compiled each patch as a plugin and tested for conclusion in fruityloops 3.56 (my SEQr of choice)

Alexander - and have you thought of working in the max/msp environment using only the instruments you've created.
Nth L0gik - yes i have ,.... and i'm starting to do that and will do that in the days/weeks/months ahead to test them for efficiency within fruityloops

Alexander - Hope to hear some music and see some more of your work in the future!!
Nth L0gik - well alexander ,... as a matter of fact, you can check out some posted clips in *.m3u format (winamp playlist files) from the website link shown below,....
http://www.nthlogikmedia.ej.am/discog.html and these clips of music were built way before i started tooling around in max. so enjoy!
and please lemme know what you think of them.
Alexander

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FFT is really a world on it's own. Take a look at the gizmo~ object for great pitch shifting (or time stretching with a lot of artifacts !!! ) .

The Forbidden Planet example patch is am example of the power of FFT within msp. I wish I was ready for the Phase Vocoder tutorials posted on the c74 website, but I realized it's still a bit over my head:

http://www.cycling74.com/story/2006/11/2/113327/823 (part I)
http://www.cycling74.com/story/2007/7/2/112051/0719 (part II)

About the sound clips... NICE!!!! Very raw sounding, great breaks, what is there to say! Sounds like you are taking giant leaps with max/msp!
My first sequencer was fruityloops, great program, I use a similiair approach in my max sequencer except that the grids are not limited to 4/4. I use 12 step, 6, 8, 9, etcetera.

Please keep up the good work!

Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » MAX/MSP - Pd
Jump to: