electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Hello, I'm new here
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Digimaus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Hello, I'm new here
Subject description: Tuning and bootingproblem Andromeda
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Helle everyone. I am a Andromedaowner since this week. A great synth but I'm having some problems with it. Actually 2 problems. Sad

Problem 1:
The Andromeda has problems with booting. From 10 times booting, 2 times it boots properly. The other 8 times the Andromeda does'nt boot.

Problem 2:
The Andromeda stays out of tune, even after the autotune function after warming up. I also proceeded a software-reset and a hardware-reset as well but unfortunately without result. It stays out of tune.

My Andromeda is not placed nearby any heatsource or something. The temperature in the room is conditioned and stable. So that cannot be the problem. I hope there is a solution for these problems.
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Digimaus
welcome to electro-music.com Very Happy
I hope someone can answer your questions but it looks like your Andromeda has to be replaced, the sooner the better.

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
mtvic

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

egw has an Alesis Andromeda.
maybe he can help.
egw?
m

sunny pedaal

Audio files: 12

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome,
seems , as you already performed a soft and hardwarereset, the problem seems even more hardwared. maybe the motherboard, however, as i also don't have the schema's or further specs of the a6 ( like nobody except neumark), it seems best to quickly make use of your guarantee and contact the nearby servicestation/ neumark or the dealer were you bought it. maybe start by sending a mail to neumark/ alesis.
keep us informed and good luck!
ten

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had similar problems with my 2nd Andro (the first none of the voices were in tune.)

My 2nd andy would only boot up every 4 times or so, and then voice 6 and 14 were ALWAYS out of tune. Digital Village in the UK let me keep it for 6 months until another one came in stock but I returned it today for a full refund as more of the voices were going bad.

I am going to forget buying one new and see if I can source a working one 2nd hand now, only after testing it fully first Smile

tom
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that's why i wrote first to contact the neumark/alesis servicestation or the website before contacting some dealer who doesn't know anything of the a6. direct contact with the service station i my experience spared a lot of time.
not a real pro for digital village i guess, presume you'll get the waiting time ( in writing) returned on your guarantee ?
ten

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Digital Village are pretty good here in the UK, but I dont think many suppliers know about the problems with the new Andys. To be honest, Numark/Alesis should be thoroughly testing each one before letting them off of the of the production line, then we wouldnt be having this problem.

Maybe I will try for a synsun instead Smile

tom
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

old or new , mine is an older type, had the same problem, seems repairing discovered mistakes is still cheaper then testing all beforehand .
the polyevolver+ expander would be nice too i guess
Digimaus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Andromeda problem Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, thanx for all your reactions, great. I contacted Alesis and they said to me that Andy has to go back to the Alesis servicestation. If it's possible Andy will be repaired, otherwise I get a new one. We'll see. Andy has left the building. The only thing is now that I'm Andyless..... Sad Can anyone make minutes go faster...
Digimaus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject:  Andy back in the building! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finally, This week Andy returned to me after 3,5 month's servicecentre. It's working perfectly, just as it should be. What an awesome synth, a monster! I'm reborn, happy as a little child.
Digimaus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Chapter 2 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

------ Chapter 2 - The next story ------

Andy was doiing well for 3 days. The next morning there was a short circuit in one of the IC's so everything got stucked. Andy went back again to the servicecentre and I'll get it back after repairing and a duration test. We shall see...
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're not really being lucky or anything Shocked
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well not on the subject of the andromeda, presume everything further is going well.
?what did they repair the first time?
Digimaus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject:  
Subject description: Andy back again!!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Andy is back for the 2nd time and is working well so far. They checked and repaired the following stuff:

- a shortcut in one of the IC's
- replacemant controller IC
- replacement right front PCB
- 2x switch ENV VIEW and DELAY
- duration test

I ordered a SRAM memorycard this week so I can finally start making awefull crazy sounds.
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

congratualations!
i'm really curious of your "moody" sounds...
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: