electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Converting standard triggers to switches
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
doctorvague

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Converting standard triggers to switches Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all
I've got a TC Electronic D-Two stereo delay unit. It has a tap tempo button on the front, but also allows a foot switch to be plugged in and can read the tap tempo from the foot switch. The foot switch jack expects to see a standard momentary switch (I assume normally open, though it doesn't specify). I'm wondering how I can take standard triggers from my modular to set the tempo on the D-Two, IOW convert triggers to something the D-Two sees as a switch closing and opening.
Is this the same as converting to a Moog S-trig?

TIA
Phil

Randaleem

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Converting standard triggers to switches Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Phil,

I've just posted in another nearby DIY thread a reference to a circuit going from a v-trig to the Moog S-trig. Another person in that thread posted a circuit coming back the other direction. So you may want to have a look there?

Because if you are correct about it being an open momentary, and if it is closed to GND; then yes; it is the "same" as a Moog S-trig. (Voltage may differ)

Randal

doctorvague wrote:
Hi all
I've got a TC Electronic D-Two stereo delay unit. It has a tap tempo button on the front, but also allows a foot switch to be plugged in and can read the tap tempo from the foot switch. The foot switch jack expects to see a standard momentary switch (I assume normally open, though it doesn't specify). I'm wondering how I can take standard triggers from my modular to set the tempo on the D-Two, IOW convert triggers to something the D-Two sees as a switch closing and opening.
Is this the same as converting to a Moog S-trig?

TIA
Phil
Pehr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Converting standard triggers to switches Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

doctorvague wrote:
I'm wondering how I can take standard triggers from my modular to set the tempo on the D-Two, IOW convert triggers to something the D-Two sees as a switch closing and opening.

how about a CD4016/CD4066 switch?

http://www.garageband.com/artist/loxodrom
http://soundcloud.com/loxodrom
doctorvague

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Converting standard triggers to switches Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Randaleem wrote:
Hi Phil,

I've just posted in another nearby DIY thread a reference to a circuit going from a v-trig to the Moog S-trig. Another person in that thread posted a circuit coming back the other direction. So you may want to have a look there?

Because if you are correct about it being an open momentary, and if it is closed to GND; then yes; it is the "same" as a Moog S-trig. (Voltage may differ)

Randal

Randal
I guess it would be switching to ground, since it's a tip-ring-sleeve jack and the switch input is ring-sleeve so the ring would be connecting to ground when the switch is closed.

Pehr- I've never used these types of switches but I know Blacet uses something similar in a lot of his kits I've built though they were Maxims. I think either method would work.

Now that I think about it, I guess I can just try the S-trig output of my Minimoog as a test without wiring anything at all. World's easiest breadboard job (none) Very Happy Very Happy

I've been lusting after Modcan's new 59B delay module with a similar trigger>tempo feature (and a whole lot more). That's what prompted me to check out the D-Two manual to see if this could work. This won't be the complete CV-controlled enchilada but will at least allow for the delay to follow the modular tempo in real time which will be fun if it works. I can half the tempo with a divider, etc. I wish the D-Two could handle modular levels but it can't. I have to use it in the effects loop of my mixer but it's a pretty cool unit for a dig delay.

Thanks guys!
Phil
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: