electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Thomas Henry designs
Thomas Henry - Not In Kansas Anymore
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 96

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Thomas Henry - Not In Kansas Anymore Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, actually he is, but he escaped the tar and feathering in Mount Hope. He blinded them with logic, then headed north into the shimmering heatwaves of 103 degree fahrenheit Kansas, like that ghost feller from High Plains Drifter.

But not before eight year old Igor (AKA Matthew) snapped this less-than-candid shot of Mr. Henry standing with his (Matthew's that is) goofy dad/taskmaster/hapless-Nintendo-Game-Cube-dupe.

It was an enjoyably great and eye-opening experience for me, and it proved beyond a doubt Studs never stops brimming with ideas.
This guy oughtta write a book Wink

Th&ss.jpg
 Description:
T. Henry and S. Stites
 Filesize:  42.94 KB
 Viewed:  7241 Time(s)

Th&ss.jpg

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HEY! Very Happy

uh.. is that an old JBL or Altec on the wall back there.. Shocked

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
23isgood

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its great to put a face with all the good work.
dave_b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Assuming he took I-35 both ways, he came through my neck of the woods (roughly I-35 and I-435) twice. Smile
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 96

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
uh.. is that an old JBL or Altec on the wall back there..

I wish. That pic was taken in my living room, with the kitchen area behind us, so that's either a kitchen cabinet you're seeing, or the edge of my wife's china hutch.

Quote:
Assuming he took I-35 both ways, he came through my neck of the woods (roughly I-35 and I-435) twice.

I'm not sure. He left here, stopped off in Herington, KS, then wound up the next night in Blair, NE.

Cheerioios,
Scott

dave_b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

23isgood wrote:
Its great to put a face with all the good work.
Agreed, for both of them.
Thomas Henry

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all,

Well, it was quite a trip! Everything went pretty well, until I arrived at Mount Hope. I'm sad to report that I had a massive fist fight with Scott after he called me an "evolutionist of the worst sort." All I said was that I didn't think the Tyrannosaurus rex pair would fit on Noah's Ark, but that's Kansas for you!

Then he had the nerve to serve me lunch in a room buzzed by a fly which occupied Scott's full attention for six and a half hours while the rest of us ate. And as if that weren't bad enough, his poor son was only allowed to eat dill pickles; I believe he consumed some four quarts while I was there. I gather that's his only food source.

It was nice to visit Casa Stites, but when he mentioned that his cousin or cousin-in-law, or something-or-other-in-law (whatever is legal in Kansas) went by the surname of Brownback, I bailed out and headed northward to the relative sanity of Nebraska, and thence to Minnesota where only one of our governors has ever used anabolic steroids.

What a vacation!

Thomas Henry
Thomas Henry

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dave_b wrote:
Assuming he took I-35 both ways, he came through my neck of the woods (roughly I-35 and I-435) twice. Smile

Interstates? What are interstates? (Eisenhower was a pretty cool guy, but he blew it on this score).

I have to tell you that I carefully planned this trip (as I do all vacations) to avoid major roads and towns from start to finish. It took some doing, but I was able to eschew Lincoln, Omaha, Council Bluffs, Sioux City, Kansas City, and a multiplicity of four lane highways.

But I did see a wonderful world of the Kansas outback. Okay, I'm probably agoraphobic, but I sure love traveling those wide open spaces, free of fumes and bumpers.

Thomas Henry
23isgood

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh I meant the both of them. Thomas and Scott have helped me learn so much about SDIY. Many thanks to you guys!
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Thomas Henry designs
Jump to: