electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Artists » Howard Moscovitz
Welcome
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject:  Welcome Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is the place I'll try to explain my music and to answer any questions. Please feel free to contribute.
Last edited by mosc on Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:49 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: your music Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Howard
Do you have a web site that describes your music?
Do you have any mp3s or CDs?
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, the best I can offer right now is http://www.mp3.com/mosc

I had uploaded about 8 pieces of music, but mp3.com is getting cheap and recently they reduced it to 3 songs. They pester visitors by requesting their email addresses, probably for e-marketing. One of the fifty things on my list is to set up a music page on mosc.com.

I've been composing music for 35 years. I have a lot to document and release. A career at Bell Labs was a bit of a distraction. Wink

-- UPDATE --

Mp3.com is dead. I need to post my music here. Check this forum for posts with attachements. That's how I'll post my music. May-1-2004

Last edited by mosc on Sat May 01, 2004 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
EdwardMGoldberg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well that distraction is over it is time to start working.

We (your fan club) can not wait for some good tunes. This may be the best time of your life to "shake off the jams......." and start turning out some great stuff.

Teddy....

Last edited by EdwardMGoldberg on Thu Mar 20, 2003 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the encouragement, and thanks for contributing to the site.

I've been playing with some fellow electronic musicians, Bill Fox and Greg Waltzer, in two "bands", Subspace and Xeroid Entity. This is lots of fun and we're going to release CDs in the not too distant future. I've learned a lot from this. One thing is that, although related, playing improvisational music isn't the same experience as composing.

Nth L0gik

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you've been creating music for 35 years?

is some of it classical/orchestral ? or dance music?
i was curious to hear the ideas behind some of the music mosc
if you didn't mind talking about it.

btw good luck with the CD release... (with bill & greg)
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I don't mind talking about it.

I have classical training. The only orchestral and choral music I have written was in school. It was a lot of work and dealing with the conductors and musicians was quite an ordeal. I haven't bothered with it after school because I enjoy electronic technology so much. I don't write dance music.

I feel I'm in the classical tradition even when I write experimental electronic music. I mean, musical structure is very important to me.

Lately my favorite composer is Mozart, but my music doesn't sound anything like that of course.

I really enjoy jamming with other electronic musicians. That's my favorite activity these days.

Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Artists » Howard Moscovitz
Jump to: