electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
New A6 owner trying to use external hardware sequencer MMT-8
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
auxaous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: New A6 owner trying to use external hardware sequencer MMT-8 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there, first off just want to say that the A6 I just bought sounds amazing...I was floored at how good it sounds actually. Very happy...but here is my problem. After scouring the archives, manual, tips and tricks, etc...I'm still having trouble using the A6 with my MMT-8 external sequncer in MIX Mode. I can see that the sequencer is recording the midi notes, but I'm not hearing anything (sounds) on playback. Midi channels set on #1 on both A6 and MMT-8. I am sure its probably got to do with some Clock or Global setting/combination of settings, but I havent been able to figure it out yet.... and was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas. It doesnt appear that Ive been able to slave the A6 to the MMT-8's clock. Any help for an overwelmed new Andromeda owner??? Crying or Very sad
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome and congrats on your new synth.

I don't have an A6 or MMT-8, but I'm sure someone will jump in an help you out.

I'm sure you have done this, but check your cords.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
astraeus000

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

after several hours of frustration, it seems that indeed, my MIDI IN cable wasnt plugged in all the way. It looks like my A6 MIDI INput jack is set in further than the out and thru jacks. I swapped the cable out with one with a deeper set "sleeve" and that appears to have solved it. Duh!! Rolling Eyes

thanks for the advice!! Embarassed
astraeus000

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm actually surprised many people seem think the A6 is too complicated for somebody new to analog synthesis. I think its far easier to use than my other analogs, although perhaps much deeper. I think this would be a great first "analog" to own and learn on. As soon as you get that MIDI connection thing worked out. Wink

Now to figure out which Preset banks to load on my 2MB card.

I'm a pad/choir man myself....any recomendations. I see there are quite a few banks available for download at Alesis and here on the site.

thanks,

-Richard
amnesia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Having owned nearly all the great synths over the last 30 years I must say the ANdromeda is clearly the most underrated star of analog synthesis!
Peake

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Rob Papen bank is my favorite, if we're allowed to have faves at the expense of the great work others did... To enjoy, there's plenty to choose from, on the Alesis site and on this and other user sites. Don't miss Colin Chung's patches either. He's gotten more out of the A6 than any other user that I'm aware of, and shares the patches he's created.
amnesia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

where can i find Colin Chung's patches?
Peake

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

amnesia wrote:
where can i find Colin Chung's patches?

I'll web monkey just this once...

http://www.wohmart.com/a6/patches/

All of the "CCJ" are Colins' work, single patches. Check the manual regarding uploading singles and where they end up, etc.

To enjoy!
amnesia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahh coolI have these, still waiting for a midid box to connect them up, cant wait to hear them Smile

Thanks Peak
astraeus000

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After only having the Andromeda for a week, I must say this is the most inspiring synth I have ever worked with. I'm already tempted to sell my Chroma and get a second A6.

Jimminy Christmas!!! Shocked
amnesia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ha ha

I was thinking about buying a second one just to keep boxed for 10 years or so, but now Id like to see the Pro 8
astraeus000

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Prophet 08 sounds very nice. I've got a PEK and I love it. Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: