electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Suddendly low signal from de outputs
Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
station_ultra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Suddendly low signal from de outputs Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all

Excuse my bad english. I recently bought an andromeda and everything was working fine but suddendly, tonight, i turned it on and the signal comming from the main outputs is very very low. I tried everything, i think... of course, all the volume pots are at maximun. It's the same to the headphone out. The headphones are ok, it's something with the andy.

It makes no sense to me. Yesterday it was working perfect and nothing had change.

Am i missing something? Please help me, i'm really down with this Crying or Very sad

thanks
sunny pedaal

Audio files: 12

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is he not sending on the aux outputs instead of the mains??
station_ultra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sunny pedaal wrote:
is he not sending on the aux outputs instead of the mains??

Hi sunny pedaal

I tried both the aux and the mains, and the level is the same. This is so strange!
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

when all volumes ( main , aux, headphones) are down, and that for all patches , it might well be a hardware problem. i had it at once over one side , the left site, and a board had to be chanced ( in guarantee) . no problems since then.
you might give it another try with tuning vca's and soft resetting, however i hope you don't have to make use of the guarantee , shame.
can happen
( in fact with me it happened after trying to connect out to input once, a trick discribed by several other users, never dared to repeat it after repair again, although still don't know if that triggered it or if it was just bad luck)
station_ultra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sunny pedaal wrote:
when all volumes ( main , aux, headphones) are down, and that for all patches , it might well be a hardware problem. i had it at once over one side , the left site, and a board had to be chanced ( in guarantee) . no problems since then.
you might give it another try with tuning vca's and soft resetting, however i hope you don't have to make use of the guarantee , shame.
can happen
( in fact with me it happened after trying to connect out to input once, a trick discribed by several other users, never dared to repeat it after repair again, although still don't know if that triggered it or if it was just bad luck)

Hi again sunny, thanks for your reply... it calms me a little bit even though i'm quite sure that it's a hardware problem and it means that i'll have send it for repair. Lucky me that i've bought it new and it's in warranty period.

I was thinking about what could have change since yesteday 'couse it was working perfect and i had remember that I pluged two neutrink connectors on two of the individual outputs because i was making the cables for those and i was seeing if those connectors were suitable for the space between the outs... maybe that could be the reason, even thought it still make no sense to me. That's the only thing that changed.

regards
Peake

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That may be a software problem (as in having sent an errant MIDI volume controller message from somewhere.). Although changing Programs should have cleared that.

The Main and the Aux outputs are from separate circuitry, IIRC, so for both to be showing problems is weird. Have you tried the individual outs?
station_ultra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Peake wrote:
That may be a software problem (as in having sent an errant MIDI volume controller message from somewhere.). Although changing Programs should have cleared that.

The Main and the Aux outputs are from separate circuitry, IIRC, so for both to be showing problems is weird. Have you tried the individual outs?

Hi Peake

I haven't tried the individual outs 'couse i haven't done the cables yet.

Could you guys tell me how do i do a soft reset. I've done the hard reset power up+soft button 3 but everything stay the same.

Thanks a lot
station_ultra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see that power up+soft button 3 is the soft reset. I've done that and nothing...

I've got no clue about what's happening to this synth. It's the first time i see something this strange.

Any ideas are welcome. Sure on monday i'm calling the shop and let's see what they say.
station_ultra

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I called Alesis today and they told me that it's a problem they have seen before in other units, son mine is going for repair or they're gonna give me a brand new one.
station_ultra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi

Finally, it was something with the "muting circuit"... no clue about what's that. The techs're trying to solve it, but it's giving them a lot of problems to fix it.

Have you ever hear of that kind of problems in the A6?

What a bad luck, dudes...
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

station_ultra wrote:
Hi

Finally, it was something with the "muting circuit"... no clue about what's that. The techs're trying to solve it, but it's giving them a lot of problems to fix it.

what does it mean for you, are you gone get another one or are the repairing this one??
station_ultra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sunny pedaal wrote:
what does it mean for you, are you gone get another one or are the repairing this one??

Hi sunny

They're reparing this one. I think that they should have replaced this unit for a new one 'couse it was only full working for a week and that's pathetic for something that cost 2500€, but they say that they can repair it and i can't do a thing about it.

I had a similar experience with a Line 6 Variax 700. It had a problem that the tech service couldn't solve, so they were like: "hey, this guitar is ok. There's nothing wrong with it".

Obviously, they didn't have a clue about what was wrong with the guitar. So we went into a spiral of me sending the guitar and them taking it back to me saying that it was repaired.

I spent almost a year with that shit until they gave up and sent to me a new one Rolling Eyes

Only when they sent that new one, a guy from the tech service admitted in a phone call that the guitar had a really really strange problem that they weren't able to solve.

I hope this story doesn't happen to me again with the Andy.

Yeah, i'm lucky buying equipment Very Happy
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well think they cannot see/say that nothing is wrong, so it'll probably workout well i guess.
maybe as a help : in my case they replaced the out-board (?), no problems anymore thereafter. (was a good service centre in germany near koln)
keep us informed please.

Last edited by sunny pedaal on Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peake

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The muting circuit turns off the outputs for a moment when power is turned on, to stop thumps and snaps from going directly to your mixer, amp, and speakers.

Hope your problem is solved quickly!
station_ultra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The synth had finally arrive and it's OK... well, at least by now Cool

It's time to do some noise with it.

see you around...
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

................................................................................................................................................................... Shocked ............ Confused .......................... Surprised ....... Laughing ........ Cool
Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: