electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » News... » Apple Computers
Apple Logic Studio
Page 1 of 2 [33 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Apple Logic Studio Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

arrow http://www.apple.com/logicstudio/

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I´m studying this now. They reduced the price. Bigtime! The upgrade/update price is pretty cool. They let the 5 and 6 owners back in on the fun.

A lot of the ideas have been axed here.. they have added the standalone audio editor app.. lotsa content.. the Mainstage app and various improvements. The asset management bit that have been hailed as the big thing in Logic pro 8 is gone. Still, we see from the Final Cut Studio pack what that is realy about.I reckon they have modules for intergration with Logic too.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
I´m studying this now. They reduced the price. Bigtime! The upgrade/update price is pretty cool. They let the 5 and 6 owners back in on the fun.

A lot of the ideas have been axed here.. they have added the standalone audio editor app.. lotsa content.. the Mainstage app and various improvements. The asset management bit that have been hailed as the big thing in Logic pro 8 is gone. Still, we see from the Final Cut Studio pack what that is realy about.I reckon they have modules for intergration with Logic too.

That's what the black t shirt guys at the store told me last time I was in, to watch out for further integration between Logic and FCS. Considering I use DP and FCS, I don't care that much, but I think it's important to report news, such as it is.

Personally I am pleased that FCE-HD has a new version of Motion in it, and I don't have to buy FCP after all, as my black T shirted Jobs-worth told me last time I spent a mega penny in the Apple Store in Brent Cross.

Home,My Studio,and another view
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
They let the 5 and 6 owners back in on the fun.

Hooray!

I'm so pleased I waited too Very Happy

But a serial number instead of a dongle?? Shocked A dodgy copy of Logic Pro has never existed because of that dongle (miscounting the OS9.x version).

I like the single screen approach- very XP! Laughing It's the one thing I could never stand about Mac OS, were all those floating windows Evil or Very Mad

One thing though, I can't help feeling that Logic isn't very 'punk' any more. Everything looks too easy Shocked

I've also been playing with Sticky Windows for Mac OSX recently. I really missed them from 9 Sad but however, there are quite a few bugs in there- like getting the fuc**ng windows to actually stay sticky Twisted Evil

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I´m sure they haven´t killed the old deep Logic even though they have opted for a single window workflow. I´m also pretty sure the new Logic will appreciate a lot of LCD real estate. Cool

This bundle do seem like a serious contender for the Digidesign. Logic 8 + RME audiointerfaces ( like the Fireface 800 or the cards and breakout boxes ) or the Apogee Symphony stuff is a killer combo. The surround sound stuff in the new bundle seems also quite promising. This is great. I´m buying this one ASAP.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I could upgrade too. I stopped at LOGIC PRO 6.4.3 Exclamation

Quote:
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
I could upgrade too. I stopped at LOGIC PRO 6.4.3 Exclamation

Well yes. Me too.

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/Logic_Pro_8_User_Manual.pdf
http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/Logic_Studio_Installing_Your_Software_Retail.pdf
http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/Logic_Studio_Instruments_and_Effects.pdf
http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/Logic_Studio_Working_With_Apogee_Hardware.pdf

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/MainStage_1.0_lbn_z.pdf
http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/WaveBurner_1.5_User_Manual.pdf
http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/Impulse_Response_Utility_User_Manual.pdf

Quote:
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it looks like Logic Studio will not require a dongle, but will be limited to two specific machines per user; but those upgrading from previous versions will still need to use dongles.

Shocked

Quote:
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Guys,

I installed the upgrade last week but unfortunately due to disasters at work haven't had much time to play with it.

Single window is quite good, basically most things are now where you want them, you can also work in the old way with loads of separate windows if you like that sort of thing.

Also you don't need to bugger around in the environment much any more but the ability is still there for power users or masochists.

Performance for me seems better, especially with third party plugins, other people are saying performance if worse, especially on non intel machines.

Totally stable so far, I have had one crash with the virus TI plugin which seems to be in-compatible, people with BFD are also having problems.

Basically for the upgrade price it is a must have, you won't be disappointed, the new delay is worth the upgrade price (if you like multi-tap delays that is). Add in Soundtrack and Mainstage and its a bargain.

Cheers

Andy
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
it looks like Logic Studio will not require a dongle, but will be limited to two specific machines per user; but those upgrading from previous versions will still need to use dongles.

Shocked

When you update from a previous version you can install with the dongle attached or enter the old serial number without the dongle attached.

From that point on the dongle is not required apart from re-installing.

You are allowed two installs, one on main machine and one on laptop, you must have only one running at a time.

Cheers

Andy
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I´m still waiting for my upgrade package. Sad

The fact that it does not need the dongle after the installation and registration also means that I can have old Logic 7 on in use? That´s not too bad. Very Happy

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:

The fact that it does not need the dongle after the installation and registration also means that I can have old Logic 7 on in use? That´s not too bad. Very Happy

you, vicious viking Cool actually it's not too bad indeed Wink

Quote:
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:

Shocked

yes- Shocked

I think 'Oh Poo!' is the expletive here?

This would have been okay if I still had my old powerbooks, the these new MBP's have the usb ports on the sides Crying or Very sad Twisted Evil

BobTheDog

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Access have posted a new version 2.5.1 of the Access TI software that now works on Logic 8.

Cheers

Andy
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
seraph wrote:

Shocked

yes- Shocked

I think 'Oh Poo!' is the expletive here?

This would have been okay if I still had my old powerbooks, the these new MBP's have the usb ports on the sides Crying or Very sad Twisted Evil

You only need the dongle to install, after that you can remove it.

Andy
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah- Logic 8 is looking more and more attractive Smile
edobedo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Logic 8 is a little more CPU hungry than Logic Pro 7, but is really more easy.
Interface is in some way similar to Digital Performer with a single window.

Very interesting is Main Stage.
Logic 8 works very slow on my G4 1,25GHz, and Main Stage doesn't works, a message says that my video card doesn't support OpenGL.(!)
Now from Apple I'll download the MS upgrade 1.0.1 ...
Finally I can leve the USB XSKey on my G4 where I use Logic Pro for multitrack recording.
At home I use a MacPro: no more forget the key and make 15 miles to get it...

All my plugs works well with Logic Studio (UAD, Sonnox, Reaktor)
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got my Logic Studio upgrade today! Cool Finally!

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hooray!

Make sure to post a "low down" Very Happy

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool

So far this is looking really good. Seems like I´ll run the L8S on my MB and the MacPro (dual 2.66 Core2 + 16 gigs of ram ) + 2 x 20" widescreen LCDs. I´m keeping old L7 on the G5. I´ll keep the G5 on 10.4x and will install 10.5 on the MP.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr

Last edited by elektro80 on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total
edobedo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Logic Studio has some problem on my MacPro 2,66 with 6GB Ram and 2TB HDs.
I hope an upgrade coming soon.
I use Logic Pro 7 as a multitrach recorder on a G4 1,25GHz and MOTU 24 and 2408MkII interfaces for a total of 32 ins.

Do you think Logic Studio will work better on Leopard?
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If L8S will work better in Leopard? Yes, I think so..or rather.. it will after a few tweaks. It is not unreasonable to expect that there are several almost finished updates for the Pro Apps as well as Logic and 10.5 in order to tune certain issues. We´ll see after 10.5 is out tomorrow. I do expect some general pro apps updates realy fast .. say this weekend or so..

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
phog masheeen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Maybe in tiger but not in Leopard... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
I´m still waiting for my upgrade package. Sad

I upgraded to leopard and it killed my logic 7. I was told that there was no way to get Logic 7 to work properly under Leopard. So I upgraded to Logic 8.

I was using an academic copy of Logic 7. Which would not work with the upgrade package. My work-around was to borrow a dongle from a friend with commercial version. It installed fine.

I hope that helps...

PS the workflow with the new interface is great!
bbinkovitz

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

smokris spent his voucher from the iphone on this, and let me use the second install. i'm kind of daunted by it, though. i was just getting the hang of ableton live, but unfortunately he doesn't have an extra install of that, and i don't have an extra wad of cash sitting around Sad .

so, any tips on getting started with logic?

distro: http://paperisbad.com/
Page 1 of 2 [33 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » News... » Apple Computers
Jump to: