electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Venues, Associations, Organizations and Communities » Pandemonium Symposium
Hi, Everyone!
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Norm Vogel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Hi, Everyone! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, since no one has posted on this site, i think i'll start it off. I'm 51 years old (!) and live in South Bound Brook, NJ, which is near New Brunswick.

I have been into electronic music since about 1970, and took courses in it at Rutgers University (on a BRAND-NEW ARP 2500, yet!).

I'm into Delerium, Frontline Assembly, Rammstein, NIN, Einstruzende Neubaten, Ozric, Lasgo, Aphex Twin, 808 State, Autechre, Apop, Squarepusher, Icon of Coil, and others too numerous to mention! (Not bad for an Old Fart! LOL!).

My CURRENT studio consists of Andromeda A6, Virus B, Karma, Microwave XTK, RM1X, MC 505/307, Wavestation SR, Roland A6 / ES-1 Samplers, and a Korg D-16 recorder.

(I've had a LOT of other equipment thru the years....it's constantly changing!)

I invite you to listen to my music at

http://www.ampcast.com/music/11869/artist.php

Keep on Makin' Music!

Norm

Very Happy
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I listened to your music, Norm. Very nice. You cover a lot of different styles. I like the melodic stuff very much. Also, have a lot of really nice equipment.

Have you ever participated in a Pandemonium Symposium? I'm not sure exactly what it is. I know Greg Waltzer is involved, but that's about it. Maybe somebody can explain... Rolling Eyes

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:06 am    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for your great comments! The interesting thing is that i DON"T know how to play/read music! I do it "by ear".

Yes, Greg has invited me to his "jam sessions".......the problem is that i'm into Wicca, and he usually schedules his "jams" on our holy-days (I'm High Priest of the group, and MUST attend, to lead the rituals).

Norm
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Yes, Greg has invited me to his "jam sessions".......the problem is that i'm into Wicca, and he usually schedules his "jams" on our holy-days (I'm High Priest of the group, and MUST attend, to lead the rituals).

You don't think he does this on purpose, do you? When are the holy-days? I would assume the exquinoxes and solstices. What about new and full moons? Not that this is an appropriate forum to ask such a question, but it seems nobody is using it for the purpose intended. Even Greg, who asked me to set it up, hasn't posted here. Crying or Very sad

Quote:
i DON"T know how to play/read music! I do it "by ear".

Well, you certainly have the talent. Don't ruin it with music lessons. Very Happy

I noticed that your last post was as guest. I think it is because the software allowed you to post without being logged in. I think I've fixed that now.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Norm Vogel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Wican Holy-days & misc...... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We could be the "21st Century Kraftwerk"!!!!!!!!! ......

No, i don't think that he's doing it "on purpose"...it's just that, several times, it just "fell that way....."

We celebrate the holy-days the weekend closest to the actual day:

2/1, 3/21, 5/1, 6/21, 8/1, 9/21, 10/31, 12/21 And, you're right -- the Solstices and Equinoxes are included in this, as well as 4 days mid-way between them.

Are YOU, by any chance, Wiccan? U seem to know a lot about this!

btw....if anyone would like to see my Wiccan site, the URL is;

www.nvogel.com/fact.html

My site is unique in that it contains realaudio excepts from my media interviews, music, AND VIDEOS (of my TV appearances!).

In fact, i'm known as "Techno-Witch" in many Pagan Circles!

Even tho I had to chuckle, your remark "don't spoil it by taking music lessions!" is very true! A Zen proverb says, "learn the rules.....then, forget the rules!"

Do U have any music online? With your fantastic collection of equipment, it should be a "WOW"!!!!

===> btw... can ANYONE tell me how to do streaming mp3's from my website?

I want to post more music than mp3.com or Ampcast will let me.

Norm

Normusic !

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not big on any religion, but I was born Jewish and don't feel any need to pick up a different one. I know about other religions, and I'm interested in other groups the are persecuted. Your group is certainly one of those. I know a couple of witches and they have told me of some of their customs. All of it seems pretty harmless and positive. I haven't seen to much on witches going in for holy wars, ethnic cleansing, or extermination camps.

As for my music, there's not much on the internet any more. Check out http://mp3.com/mosc. There should still be a Concerto for Alto Flute and electronics.

As for setting up streaming mp3s on your web sites, check out this link. http://librenix.com/?inode=241. It might be helpful.

I assume you know to make links so the mp3s can be downloaded.

I'm interested in setting up broadcast audio from this server, but I have a lot of work to do on the site before I get to that. Maybe in about a month.

Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Venues, Associations, Organizations and Communities » Pandemonium Symposium
Jump to: