electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
KLEE!- all of you who have ordered and the rest to come....
Page 1 of 8 [192 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 6, 7, 8 Next
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: KLEE!- all of you who have ordered and the rest to come....
Subject description: BOARDS ON THEIR WAY
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear electro-music.com forum members,

As you can probably imagine the recent interest in Scott Stites Klee instrument has been rather wild to say the least and the popularity of people wanting boards is now reaching scales beyond our comprehension (okay... I'm exaggerating a tad- but they are big!- hehe).

Therefore the initial board run will stop, for the moment at 70 orders (it's getting very close already). Those who order after that number will still get their boards, but will have to wait (extra time to be confirmed) for the next run of them. Obviously the more ordered, the better and the cheaper, but of course there has to be a time when we have to put a stop line otherwise no boards would ever get ordered!! Catch my drift?? Wink Laughing

Okay cool. When we get to 70, I'll publish here all the people who get the board sets on order to date so far. Okay?

One more thing, plans are being made about how we go about taking all your lovely do$h- it'll probably be PayPal but I'm okay-ing that with Scott and Krunkus.

Groovy.

and of course,

best wishes.

Tom

Edit: Scott edited this to add the "Boards are on their way" thingie...

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 96

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, so this is where you hid it. Very Happy

My apologies to Tom: Actually, the business manager is always the last person to know these details, especially when he takes those looooonnngg extended vacations to where-ever it is he actually takes those loooooonnnnnnggggg, languid, relaxing indulgent vacations. But, actually, when the time arrives, the boards will be sold through the electro-music Store (you place your order there). Easy one stop shopping, with either beautiful maidens or Mosc waiting beside the computer to take your order - either way you can't lose.

As I understand it, these board sets will be under the same terms as anything sold in electro-music's store - the same return policy, etc., which is nice. I think the store is one of the most underated things here in the electro-music.community.

Cheers,
Scott

Uncle Krunkus

Audio files: 52

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hereby deem the preceding two posts to be factual, relevant, informative and instructional. I shall be conducting further random quality assurance audits with no prior warning to the individuals concerned in the near future. Smile

This message brought to you by -
The Council for Continued Kleeing vbb.

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scott Stites wrote:

My apologies to Tom: Actually, the business manager is always the last person to know these details, especially when he takes those looooonnngg extended vacations to where-ever it is he actually takes those loooooonnnnnnggggg, languid, relaxing indulgent vacations.

Laughing

My apologies. I'm pumped up to the eyeballs with antihistamine tablets. Normally I don't suffer from hayfever but this year has been an exception Shocked

It must have been the hot weather in April- because all those plants that Rosie planted thinking they were dead, have miraculously come to life Shocked Laughing (less of a lol- more of a muffled laugh and sore throat groan Laughing .....there we go again!)

Oh yes, i've also quit smoking again Shocked Shocked Surprised

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The PM confirmations have been sent. Up to this point, if you voted for a Klee, or expressed interest in a set of boards, and have not received a PM confirmation, please PM me and let me know.

Cheers,
Scott

tomcat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any News or timing schedules?
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We're winding down the proto-test right now. There were a few changes made to the PCB, which I have to draw into the schematic and have Andy put those onto the PCB. We had to rework the manual step a bit, and we're adding a connector and diode for the variable range control. After double-checking those changes, boards will be ordered. I'll put a note in here when they're ordered.

Cheers,
Scott

tomcat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the update!
fonik

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wohoo!
ENDIF

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

/me does the dance of joy

http://www.endif.org
http://www.crunchpod.com
http://www.myspace.com/endif
RF

Audio files: 28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You all are killing me.
The more I read in the various Klee threads the more I realize I missed the boat by not getting on the order list for this. If by some remote, unforseen and unimaginable circumstance there is an extra set of boards available when all is said and done.... I humbly offer to properly and respectfully make good use of them.
bruce
xpmtl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, as RF said if by any chance there's a way to get a set of boards I'm in...

Damn I want this thing Smile

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unless someone falls out of ordering (which looks highly unlikely at this moment I'm afraid), you'll have to wait until the next batch. Sorry.
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Marked up the schematic, sent it to Australia, got a revised PCB layout back within a day - it's looking good so far. It occured to me I could work one jumper out a bit better, so I'm hoping Australia can go into the zone one more time....

If it all checks out, I should order by first of next week. Finally Very Happy

kokoon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and what are the odds for the next batch? and when? how many people after the first batch are already interested?
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There were 28 more people that contacted me afterwards. I looked at how much it would cost just to put them on the first order, and it wasn't all that much. So, I contacted them and increased the run to 108 sets. This, of course, helps to reduce the cost of the board sets.

If anyone is interested in still being in this first run, PM me by tomorrow night (24 September), and I'll add you to the list for this run.

After that, I imagine it would take quite a bit of time to build up momentum for a second run, though I wouldn't rule it out.

Cheers,
Scott

Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The electro-music Klee board sets have been ordered. There is a ten business day shipping period on them. When they're received, Bill and I plan to stuff a set each and test them with our existing panels just to make sure there are no surprises. That process shouldn't take long - putting the parts on the boards is a fairly quick thing, and all we'll need to do is plug into them from our panels.

The price for each set of boards is $28.50, plus postage (IE, that $28.50 buys both boards). When the electro-music store has the boards in stock, I will announce that they are ready for order. I will also PM each person that has a board reservation. In that PM, I will include a confirmation number.

When you order the board set (don't order yet, the store's not ready!), you must include:

(A) Your electro-music screen name
(B) Your confirmation number

We'll allow a two week grace period for those who have reserved the board sets to actually order them. After that, the store will offer the remaining board sets on a first come/first served basis.

This is the best way Mosc and I had of setting it up. This will prevent boards getting sold out from those that have put up with this whole preposterous reservation thing in the first place. That's the last thing I want to have happen - it's you guys that have really made this thing possible, and we're truly grateful to you. Anyway, if the order doesn't have the above two bits of information, there's a good chance it will be placed on hold until the two week grace period is over.

Sorry for the whole complicated schmeer - it was the only way I could figure out how to finance it without walking the gangplank financially.

When the time comes, and I'm done sending out the confirmation numbers, I'll post that fact here again.

Take care,
Scott

em_klee_board_prints.pdf
 Description:
electro-music Klee PCB layout prints

Download
 Filename:  em_klee_board_prints.pdf
 Filesize:  393.43 KB
 Downloaded:  498 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great Scott!!!

(sorry, I couldn't resist)

Would you please post the dimensions of the two boards so I can try to figure out what kind of boxes I'll need to get to ship them?

Thanks

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Coriolis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh...this is gonna be sweet!
And a lot cheaper than I thought!

Great...!

C
mono-poly

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yesssssssssssssssss!
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Great Scott!!!

<groan> - Well, it beats the "Beam me up, Scotty" I usually get. Very Happy

Quote:
Would you please post the dimensions of the two boards so I can try to figure out what kind of boxes I'll need to get to ship them?

Why, soitanly.

Digital PCB:

5.85" X 3.9"
(148.59 mm X 99.06 mm)

Analogue PCB:

5" X 3.6"
(127 mm X 91.44 mm)

Cheerio,
Scott

philpeery

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Klee for me too! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi! Is it too late to throw my name into the hat to get the Klee PCB set? After reading through the numerous posts in the build thread, I GOTTA have one!

Thanks,
Phil
jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd be in for one as well. I suddenly realized, I could really use an analog sequencer, as I slowly start up my own modular here.
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

JK and Phil,

I'll put you on this run. I ordered a few more than reserved to get the price down. But, those are the absolute last two that can be reserved on this run.

Well, there will be a stuffed set made available. I plan to stuff a set of this boards to do a final check, and will sell them for the price of the boards + price of a parts kit. Which reminds me - I gotta order a kit from Bill before those are gone!

Cheerio,
Scott

philpeery

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Scott,
Thanks! I'm really looking forward to this project! Should be very cool!
Phil
Page 1 of 8 [192 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 6, 7, 8 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Jump to: