electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord Lead and Nord Wave synths
Nord 2x Volume levels at low frequencies
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
nerbaneth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Nord 2x Volume levels at low frequencies
Subject description: Problems with volume fluctuation
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am trying to program a sub harmonic frequency bass into the NL2X I made a very good sound, but when I plug it into a mixer and watch the notes as I go higher and lower, the lower I go, I loose volume. The higher I go the louder it gets. This has always been a small problem with other patches, but it has never been this extreme. in in order to hear the low notes, the volume has to be very high, which makes the high notes peak like crazy! I tried sending the signal through a compressor, but the volume change was too great. Is there something else I can do to even the signal levels of the output?

Thank you,
Danny
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome nerbaneth (Danny),

Could you send in the Program as an attachment?
If you need a tool to get the Program into your computer, take a look at
http://nm-archives.electro-music.com/020_NordLead2/023_Miscellaneous/NordGenerator_Editor/

Wout
nerbaneth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: can't Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi again! (what has happened to the NL2 mailing list!!? all the SPAM!! eep!)

Shocked I lost my usb to midi cable at my friends house. for an example try any bass that you can get REALLY low without being able to hear the individual aspects of the oscillator(s) being used( clicking sounds when low) I realized that I am going through a high pass filter, and that changing the filter helps the higher notes go away. the high pass filter is the only one that amplifies the low sound enough to hear without excess external amplification. right now I have the situation solved by an 8 band equalizer the bass being boosted and the highs lowered. this is still a problem for almost all sounds at least slightly.. does no one else get this problem?
Thank you
Danny
Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: can't Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nerbaneth wrote:
Hi again! (what has happened to the NL2 mailing list!!? all the SPAM!! eep!)
Well, that's Yahoo - and no moderator - for you. I'm sure it's good for your sexual performances... sigh
Quote:
I realized that I am going through a high pass filter, and that changing the filter helps the higher notes go away. the high pass filter is the only one that amplifies the low sound enough to hear without excess external amplification. right now I have the situation solved by an 8 band equalizer the bass being boosted and the highs lowered. this is still a problem for almost all sounds at least slightly.. does no one else get this problem?
Using a HPF to amplify the low frequencies? thinking

Wout
nerbaneth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I'm sure it's good for your sexual performances... sigh

Yep its working great Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Using a HPF to amplify the low frequencies?

it seems strange, but it is the loudest filter.. the LPF makes the sound almost impossible to hear without turning the NL2 all the way up along with the 800W PA

I am kind of happy with the HPF and my equalizer, if I go to really low notes the volume still drops. I am just hoping that this show I am going to play at has a really good PA to amplify to lower notes.
Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nerbaneth wrote:
... I am kind of happy with the HPF and my equalizer, if I go to really low notes the volume still drops. ...
I think it's very natural for a HPF to lose power concerning the low frequencies...

Wout
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A HPF can be very useful for bass boost while keeping some high frequencies. Just set the cutoff frequency to a pretty low value (and maybe make it track the keyboard) and don't set the Q too high.
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord Lead and Nord Wave synths
Jump to: