electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
OS X editor or PC
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
tranzash

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: OS X editor or PC Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am using G2 for a week Very Happy and currently waiting for OS X editor.
I use G5 with DP 4.1. Minumum requirements of PC to handle G2 is 450mhz and 64mb ram. I have a PC with 350mhz and 128mb ram.
OS X editor is delayed till july 1st and may be more. I am very new to modular synths and need a lot of help.
G2 is a wicked synth. Can't wait to emulate the zupr saw.
Can i run G2 on my pc? please help. Crying or Very sad
There is only 248 factory preset patchs on my G2.
The manual says 1200presets. Any thoughts on this.
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: OS X editor or PC Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tranzash wrote:
There is only 248 factory preset patchs on my G2.
The manual says 1200presets. Any thoughts on this.

I think the manual is talking about how many presets you can have in total. This is approximate as each preset varies in size and performances take up more room. I am using banks for different categories, all Jan's noodles in bank 4 etc.

I run my G2 on my spare PC (PII 450 128MB, 98SE). It is a little unstable due to the OS I think, sometimes can't load the bigger noodles without 1st rebooting the PC. Generally works OK though, you should try it and see.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The editor will run on your PC, however ...the plesure factor depends a bit on what you are doing - it's non destructive though.

My laptop (windows) is up to specs, according to the Clavia site but working on patches that have fast moving knobs (knobs move in response to MIDI CC messages coming in when associated with that CC) I experience occasional loss of connection.

This loss of connecetion is not a big issue with the G2 as auto reconection will occur almost immediately. The editor program does get sluggish to work with but it's still possible to use it. This migh be problem with the video performance of my laptop - it doesn't really perform at all for video.

For most patches this isn't a problem at all, just try how it works out for you. As I said, it's 'non destructive'.

And when you try report about it, please !

Jan

(who is proud to be the bank four guy for someone. Vanity right now now almost makes me want to deinstall my beta in order to be able to publish listenables again. I've got such a nice one running right now but without the random modules and the noise oscillators it just wouldn't work :-)

hOh and Ian, you aint doing bad yourself either with your auto patches - the keyboard patches I didn't try - I'm keyboardless (by choice). But I'm banking nothing - I work computer oriented/connected only with the G2.
tranzash

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: OS X or PC Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for all the reply Very Happy
tranzash

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: OS X Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They did it again. OS X editor is delayed till july 5th Crying or Very sad
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: