electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Online Music
My first recording...
Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Tronato

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: My first recording... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello all!

Below is my first... electronic recording...
Please check it out and tell me what you think...
Thanks!
TRO

Last edited by Tronato on Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: My first recording... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tronato wrote:
PS: I will delete from the forum after 10 downloads...

Shocked why ... I like it Evil or Very Mad Laughing

Tronato

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Howdy!

I was kidding! I Just named it right and placed it in the forum where it should be...

Enjoy! Hope you like...Comments (Good or Bad) are welcome!

TRO

PS: It is best appreciated through headphones... (It has a lot of low frequencies in it)...

Pro logic it!

Er Hamol iel Interestres.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Er Hamol iel Interestres.mp3
 Filesize:  6.2 MB
 Downloaded:  3029 Time(s)

Last edited by Tronato on Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Low Note

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like it too.

The only criticism I can pose after one listen is whether you had something in mind that was holding everything together. Perhaps a single idea things were based off of?

How did you make it? The variety of sounds kept my attention throughout. Its nice.
Tronato

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello!

As far as inspiration I had none, I was just experimenting and learning but as it developed I must admit that (no comparison) there is a track from Wendy Carlos' Sonic Seasonings Album... (Spring) which came into my mind... towards the end... although I have to mention that it is totally improvised... it just happened and I assure you all I couldn't repeat it again ... which makes it unique!

I could re-mix it differently since the 4 tracks are independent from one another so they could be re-mixed in an entirely different way... but again this just happened..

I do find it (to my amazement) to never be out of tune...

I like it and believe that if you listen to it a few times you'll like it too...

I still however have to add a thunderstorm I recorded to it (I have this habit of recording thunderstorms)...

Hope you all like it...

Thank you for taking the time to download and listen to it as well. The only thing I ask of you is to please comment about it... good or bad... it don't matter... just comment...

TRO

Last edited by Tronato on Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
laura woodswalker

Audio files: 18

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: I can't download anything from this forum. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd like to hear this music but when I click 'download', the OK option is grayed out. I wonder why? I'm using Windows XP on a regular up to date PC with WinAmp. Anyone have advice?
Tronato

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello!

I have no idea... I'm just the Piano Player...

PM me and I'll send it to you...

TRO
laura woodswalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: I can't download anything from this forum. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

laura woodswalker wrote:
I'd like to hear this music but when I click 'download', the OK option is grayed out. I wonder why? I'm using Windows XP on a regular up to date PC with WinAmp. Anyone have advice?

Answering my own question... when I held down the shift key, I was able to download it just fine. Go figure!!!

So, my comment... It sounds like you're testing out a new synth! Wow.... neat low sounds on that!!

Tronato

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello!

Wow! 56 downloads and nobody liked it or disliked it?

A little feedback would be greatly appreciated! Or should i dedicate myself into being an anthropologist?

Thanks!

TRO
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tronato wrote:
nobody liked it or disliked it?

Rolling Eyes so I'm nobody Laughing

Tronato

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello!

Correction... Nobody apart from Blue Hell, Laura WoodsWalker or Low Note liked it or disliked it?

LOL!

Thanks!

TRO
SonicDoppler

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: My first recording... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tronato wrote:
Below is my first... electronic recording...
Please check it out and tell me what you think...

Hiya! Yeah, my fav band is Hawkwind, so I'm fairly well-disposed towards synth stuff. I like your piece in the same way that I like "The Faust Tapes" - I wouldn't listen to it a lot, cos I find 'sound collage' stuff rather unsettling, but it's good on those rare occasions I want a radical change from the norm.

Perhaps I'm just a prole who likes his music to have a beat Shocked
Tronato

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello!

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for listening!

TRO
kkissinger

Audio files: 42

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tronato wrote:
Hello!

Correction... Nobody apart from Blue Hell, Laura WoodsWalker or Low Note liked it or disliked it?

LOL!

Thanks!

TRO

TRO,

Thanks for posting your first recording attempt.

Most people listen to music without commenting -- it doesn't necessarily mean that people disliked it.

Your recording is clear and includes some interesting panning effects. Not a bad effort for one's first recording.

I think the use of echo in the track gets a bit tiring at times. Try turning the echo effect "off" sometimes -- and when you use it, vary the delay time and feedback. Be wary of the overuse of echo. When one plays into an echo it is easy for one to lose track of the overall proportion (length) of the music.

Again, a good first effort.

Johan Zwart

Audio files: 19
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For a first recording it's oke. It is clear that you haven't found your form yet. Smile
john82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it sounds excellent for a first recording.
i know my first recordings sounded like rubbish - not even something i would upload to recieve feedback from other users.
they were basically an electric guitar with loads of effects, monotonic drum and bass sequences, and some synth sounds here and there.
synth rock you might call it....
Johnny

[Blue Hell: link spam removed]
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just heard this on radio.electro-music.com. I like it. It sounds great with the AmbiophonicDSP. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Almost 3 years after this was posted, it has over 1000 downloads, plus it is now getting played on the streaming radio station!!! I am wondering if you are still making music and if so, what it now sounds like.
--Steve
laura woodswalker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MusicMan11712 wrote:
Almost 3 years after this was posted, it has over 1000 downloads, plus it is now getting played on the streaming radio station!!! I am wondering if you are still making music and if so, what it now sounds like.
--Steve

A question, how do you know if your stuff gets played on the streaming radio station?

Someone mentioned one of my things on the radio stream & I was like'WHOA!!! YOU MEAN I"M ON THE RADIO?????"""

LOL Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Virtually everything in the Online Music and Artist sub-forums is on our playlist. Unfortunately, when the radio plays a track, it doesn't update the download counter. To see how many downloads your track has, just look at the attachment box in the post where you uploaded the attachment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: