electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Schulte Compact A Phasing
Page 6 of 27 [660 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, ..., 25, 26, 27 Next
jhaible

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Peake wrote:

You have a Quantec? Shocked

Yes, the original one with all the controls on the front panel. A wonderful reverb. I wanted one ever since I heard Oldfield's "Crises" and Bognermayer/Zuschrader's "Erdenklang". Had to wait almost two decades, though.

I've built a simple analogue mixer for the quantec which allows it to be inserted into the stereo sum without loosing bandwidth for the dry signal.
(If you go the usual send / return route, you're loosing the stereo input capability, unless you have stereo effect sends on your mixer, and if you simply put it in the stereo sum, it limits the bandwidth to 8kHz.)
So I built this interface which combines both methods, and has a precisely scaled wet/dry mix knob.
http://jhaible.heim.at/quantec/jh_quantec.html

The only thing it is lacking, is a plate reverb sound. It really just models rooms, no plates. Still looking for a good plate emulation without actually buying the real, bulky, thing.

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
jhaible

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update

I've ordered samples of another type of LDR that looks promising.
Should be here in a few days.

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
jhaible

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
Update

JH.

They also sound promising!
I think I've probably found the right LDR.

JH.

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
Peake wrote:

Yes, the original one with all the controls on the front panel.

What? Like this?
Cool

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow spooky! Jurgen you posted 2 mins before me at this ungodly hour!! Shocked
IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
jhaible wrote:
Update

JH.

They also sound promising!
I think I've probably found the right LDR.

JH.

Hoorah!!! Very Happy

jhaible

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
jhaible wrote:
Peake wrote:

Yes, the original one with all the controls on the front panel.

What? Like this?
Cool

Mine has red LED meters.

Somebody buy this - these are awesome effects. And apparently prices have come down quite a bit in the last years.

(I have no idea about this particular auction - just speaking in general.)

JH.

jhaible

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quick Update

I've made a lot of listening tests with a new LDR, and after changing the capacitor values slightly, I got excellent results.

The LDR is the Perkin Elmer M 9960 11A.
Thats the same Flat Pack size as the one I tested before, but the "A" type has the right resistance.

It's rather unexpensive, and the form factor is very good for arranging these LDRs around the incandescent lamps.

I see it coming that it may be hard to buy in small quantities around the world (in Germany, they *are* available).

I never wanted to go into the component selling / kits business, but maybe I can make an exception for these LDRs if you want me to sell them along with the boards. The reason is, they are *flat*, and will fit easily into a padded envelope together with the bare PCBs.

What I won't do is selling some boards with, and some boards without LDRs. I'll either sell the boards + 8 LDRs to *everyone*, or I'll just sell the boards.

What is the general preference in that question?

The 8 LDRs would be about 10 Euros (for all 8 of them).

JH.

Peake

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If it's not inconvenient to you, I vote for the inclusion of the LDRs.
numbernone

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I also vote for the inclusion of the LDRs.
tomcat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With LDRs please! Smile
The Alison Project

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LDR's included
www.myspace.com/theyakuzacowboys
b-funk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ldrs included, please Very Happy
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes please Jurgen Very Happy
germaniac

Audio files: 7

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LDR=YES
Smile
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LDRs! Yes! Very Happy

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
etaoin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Included please.
Clack

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, I'd say it would be cheaper/easier to include the LDRs, I am very interested
mono-poly

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

includd sounds good to me Smile
krisp14u

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LDR's for me 2

Paul Darlow

www.krisp1.com
softfin

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I vote for included LDRs Smile
Usine Karate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I too vote for the LDR's!
goodrevdoc

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

+1 LDR's
jhaible

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, ok, ok ... I got countless mails saying "with LDRs" and not a single one that said "without".

I'm convinced. Smile

JH.

Peake

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And now on cue, we are all going to change our votes. Wink
Page 6 of 27 [660 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, ..., 25, 26, 27 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Jump to: