electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
frequency shifter
Page 7 of 23 [574 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, ..., 21, 22, 23 Next
Tallhobbit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK I give up.
Please put me on the list for two board sets also.
Like what others have said, if I don't get some I will be very upset with myself for a very long time. And to think that I'm only two weeks away from ordering the last of my parts (going to try the SSM2210's) for my Tau Phasers. Oh well, at least I can use the precision cap meter at work.
fluxmonkey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jürgen,

I thought I'd asked to be added to the list, but apparently not... please put me down for 2 board sets. thanks again for sharing this project!!!

bbob drake

www.fluxmonkey.com
jhaible

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tallhobbit wrote:
And to think that I'm only two weeks away from ordering the last of my parts (going to try the SSM2210's) for my Tau Phasers.

If money is an issue, by all means go for LM3046's instead.
I'm so satisfied with the SNR myself that I used them in my own Tau, instead of the more expensive transistor pairs.

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
markusw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please count me in for one set Smile

Regards,

Markus
julianw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Jürgen,

Please add me to you growing list! I would be interested in two board sets.

I must complement you on your neat & tidy work with the Tau Phaser boards, I'm populating them at the moment.

Thanks, Julian
jhaible

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good News: Design of both boards finished!

I just sent the CAD files for both boards of the Frequency Shifter to Olimex.

Timeline:

Approx. 2 weeks until I get the prototypes

Approx. 1 week to build them and test them

Then taking orders (approx 2 weeks)

Approx. 2 weeks for manufacturing the ordered boards

Approx 1 week for populating and testing one set of the manufactured boards

Time for payment and delivery.

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
vtl5c3

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds like it will be a Bright November. Very Happy
b-funk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, i can´t resist anymore. i´m in with one set....

best wishes,

tobias
softfin

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought this is too a complicated project for me because I don't have a scope etc., but it could be mistake to miss this.
At least I've got to attempt to build this!
So I'll take one board!
jhaible

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

softfin wrote:
I thought this is too a complicated project for me because I don't have a scope etc., but it could be mistake to miss this.
At least I've got to attempt to build this!
So I'll take one board!

A scope - even the cheapest one - would be increadibly helpful for adjusting this!

JH.

clickmrmike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, is there an "official" parts list yet? I've got to order some stuff from mouser, so I may as well get the parts for this too...
jhaible

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

clickmrmike wrote:
So, is there an "official" parts list yet? I've got to order some stuff from mouser, so I may as well get the parts for this too...

Not yet ... this will take some time.

JH.

clickmrmike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
clickmrmike wrote:

JH.

I've created one from the FS-1 schematics (less the matched cap/resistor networks in the dome filter), if that would be helpful.
jhaible

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

clickmrmike wrote:
jhaible wrote:
clickmrmike wrote:

JH.

I've created one from the FS-1 schematics (less the matched cap/resistor networks in the dome filter), if that would be helpful.

The new one is slightly different / improoved.

Maybe I can just post a printout of the component overlay of the two boards, until I make the final BOM list.

JH.

clickmrmike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
clickmrmike wrote:
jhaible wrote:
clickmrmike wrote:

JH.

The new one is slightly different / improoved.

Maybe I can just post a printout of the component overlay of the two boards, until I make the final BOM list.

JH.

That would work; I could help put together the BOM, then, if you like.
jhaible

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

clickmrmike wrote:

I've started a web page for the FS-1A, and put the component overlay for the two boards there:

http://www.jhaible.heim.at/fs1a/fs1a.html

Feel free to ask questions when you're putting together a preliminary BOM.
Some values aren't determined yet; the majority of parts is, however.

JH.

clickmrmike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
clickmrmike wrote:

I've started a web page for the FS-1A, and put the component overlay for the two boards there:

JH.

Great, I'll get on it. Are the I/O headers MTA100? I'm guessing so, and the larger power header is MTA156 MOTM/Blacet style.
jhaible

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

clickmrmike wrote:
jhaible wrote:
clickmrmike wrote:

JH.

Great, I'll get on it. Are the I/O headers MTA100? I'm guessing so, and the larger power header is MTA156 MOTM/Blacet style.

They are from Reichelt, and have a different name, but they seem to have the same spacing: 2.54mm from pin to pin.

Plus, one MOTM connector and one Synthesizers.com connector.

JH.

cbm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
They are from Reichelt, and have a different name, but they seem to have the same spacing: 2.54mm from pin to pin.

The decimal inch rears its head, again. These are .1" centers.

I used to receive an unfinished furniture catalog that had printed at the bottom of every page: "Metric is Un-American." I kid you not.

-C
xpmtl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I'm in for two set of boards.

Thanks

X

egon77

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would also love to be in for one set please.
Serenadi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:

Yes, they called PSK254 and fit as well as MTA100.
PSK-Contacts have to be ordered seperatly, search for 'PSK Kontakte', 'PSK 254' and 'PSS 254' (headers) at Reichelt.
Master of Circles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: shifter Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there,

great, Project number three from Haibles PCB Shop Smile

I definately take one board, maybe I´ll order two, it depends on the price.

Thanks in advance,

Master of Circles
ericcoleridge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not sure if it's time to say so, but I would like to be included on the order list for 1 board.

I'm currently populating my Tau Phaser PCB as well, and I'm very pleased with the quality of this board. Thank you!
johans121

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it too late to be added to the list?

If not, I want two.

-Jim
Page 7 of 23 [574 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, ..., 21, 22, 23 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Jump to: