electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord Lead and Nord Wave synths
power problem please help!!!
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
cobachas

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: power problem please help!!!
Subject description: power problem please help!!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hello guys my I just bought a nord lead 3 from USA right now Im in australia, so before reciving the nord I downloaded the manual and start reading it ,but the manual does not says anything about the power specs so I just assume that it was like universal in that sense ,as some gear that I brought from mexico is , so when I finally got the nord well I plug it in and it just turn on for about 2 sec and then turn off!! so I went to by a power transformer (240 to 115 volts) but still it wont turn on!!

so if somebody knows about what to do or any knowlege would be very welcome please help thanks for your time and good luck!!
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome cobachas

Did you check the fuse? The last time someone tried this only the fuse was blown - maybe you are lucky as well ...

cobachas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
welcome cobachas

Did you check the fuse? The last time someone tried this only the fuse was blown - maybe you are lucky as well ...

Thanks for the tip. I have looked at the fuse and there is no clear evidence that it has blown (ie no burn mark obvious on fuse) other than a some scratch like mark in the centre of the fuse wire. Not sure how it would look, however, I will replace it and hope for the best. Do you happen to know where I can buy it or what amps (or whatever spec) the fuse is?

Cheers Mate!
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cobachas wrote:
Do you happen to know where I can buy it or what amps (or whatever spec) the fuse is?

It should be written on the fuse itself and it also should be indicated on the type identification thing on the back of the synth. Something ending in "mA" (mili Ampere) and it should be a slow blow (T) type fuse. When you go to a shop with the old fuse they'll probably be able to help you.

It is also likely that it's possible to switch the synth for 230 V use, I think the NL3 has an internal switch for that (as all recent Clavia synths have) - but you'd need another fuse in that case.

Since you already have a transformer maybe best to first check if it works that way.

cobachas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well as soon as the sun rises I'll go and try to find a fuse.
Brother thanks so much for your reply and help , I was starting to loose any concepr of hope, well I know that the worst still may happen, but some feebback has been awsome.

also if you want Ill keep post about this problem.

just one las thing: after I plugged the nord for first time and all this happened, hopping that it was the adaptor or maybe the socket wall I tried diferent ones, you think that would contibute for me signin my death sentence? would you have any idea (%) of how bad this problem is?

but anyway belive me with your prior feedback I think I'll make it trough the night (jaja) also, sorry about my english not so good yet thanks and Adios amigos!!! jaja

by the way i've heard some of your stuff (Blue hell) and really liked, it keep it up brother! (Im into experimental -ambient myself)
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very Happy thanks for listening !

hard to tell ... but when the fuse blew the first time no further damage can have occurred.

Please keep us informed, for good and for bad !

cobachas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sure I will brother
cobachas

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AHHHH JAAAAA ,It's ALIVE , IT's ALIVE jejejejej,
It's working I just got the fuse and its working again ,

Man that was 2 very bad days in my so called adult life Fiuuuu!!! mainly cause before coming into the forum I spoke with the australian distributor and besides from being quite rude about me buying in ebay and imported the nord, he told me that the only option I had was to contact the people that I got it from cause..... I JUST BLEW THE SH....T out of the nord, so as you can Imagine that was quitre upseting but its in the past now Yeahhhhhhhh!!
Bule hell thanks so much for your help and like I said, I like your music and love sites like this that give the chance to newbies like me to get around problems so keep the good vibe flowing ok! Cheers!!
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

party!

Very Happy Laughing

Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord Lead and Nord Wave synths
Jump to: