electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Reaktor
Audio To Pitch/Gate and MIDI Converter
Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
ReaktorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Audio To Pitch/Gate and MIDI Converter Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, this instrument i made convert monophonic audio sources to pitch/gate and MIDI, but the MIDI still had lots of problems. It is based on Frequency Tracker Instrument from library and i've customized it to receive signal from my electric guitar. Anyone kind enough to give it a try and tell me your opinion ?

The Instrument is now moved to the bottom of this page.

Last edited by ReaktorFreak on Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
ReaktorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, this is my latest update for Elektro Guitar. MIDI Out is now functioning but no pitchbend yet. Lots of stuff added. I also add a screenshot.
Last edited by ReaktorFreak on Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total
W.T.

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 11

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this cool, thanks.
i am playing with it right now Very Happy
ReaktorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks W.T. , hope you enjoy it as much as i do.
Fix some problems when changing control rate to other than 400 hz, and a lot better MIDI Out, although still not complete (no retrigger, PBend). I guess i just take a break for a while... coding MIDI is so frustrating.

Last edited by ReaktorFreak on Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total
ReaktorFreak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whew, finally i got my ins the way i wanted it. Everything's been working quite well and very playable, so i guess i could start my music project that has been left out since i started building my ins.
Last edited by ReaktorFreak on Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Luka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks cool. will give it a run when i get some free time
http://www.last.fm/user/prblmchild
ReaktorFreak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some ideas from trying out several synths that i put on this version. Also i've tried with vocals and it works quite well. And i guess this is the final version of my ins.
Last edited by ReaktorFreak on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:31 am; edited 3 times in total
ReaktorFreak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another try in building audio to MIDI converter.. i got the idea for this one from hearing guitarist talk about their hardware guitar synth, that they can play drums on low E string, bass on A string, trumpet on D string, and so on. It makes me wonder if i could build a MIDI converter that could function like their hardware stuff did.

Beside that, i also want to try the method of using static resonators, unlike my prev ins that based on Frequency Tracker Ins' moving resonator. This method results in very accurate pitch tracking that there's almost no glitches at all, which i think that will simplify the MIDI function to 'understand' the pitch data, because the pitch from audio input is sort - of - quantized by the resonators.

On the downside though, the pitch from audio input has to be almost perfectly in tune to be recognized by the resonators, and the 'infamous' audio to MIDI latency also occurs in the conversion.

Maybe anyone knows other method/technique for tracking pitch ?

Last edited by ReaktorFreak on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
ReaktorFreak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This one's just like Elektro Guitar, but customized for vocals or speech (just like the original Freq Tracker Ins), with an input signal amplitude to free-form envelope converter added.
Last edited by ReaktorFreak on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total
ReaktorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This has major changes since v1.17, so i guess that version is not final yet...Smile . And because of that, i think i'll keep the 1.17 version posted.
Added some fun stuff and more tweaking accessibility, now it is more than just a pitch/gate converter, it can be used as an effect to generate trigger or random pitches from other sources beside electric guitar and vocal (try drum loops).

Last edited by ReaktorFreak on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:34 am; edited 3 times in total
ReaktorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This one is actually consist of two ins. First one is sort of audio to 'MIDI Keyboard' converter and the second is some simple additive sine organ and a drum loops to organ converter that its fundamental pitch can be played via MIDI.
Last edited by ReaktorFreak on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total
ReaktorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a tribute to Freq-Tracker Ins which i really loved. Now i've added MIDI capability that can be used to control another Reaktor Ins via internal MIDI connections or external device via MIDI Out.

Have fun using it, feel free to change/use anything.

Last edited by ReaktorFreak on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
ReaktorFreak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another monophonic pitch to MIDI converter, in this one i try different approach on 'translating' the detected pitch into MIDI data (note on/off, pitchbend, velocity). And because it transmits MIDI signal, it can be used to control external synth like VSTi or recorded in a sequencer.
Last edited by ReaktorFreak on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:35 am; edited 3 times in total
ReaktorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A polyphonic pitch to MIDI converter, it's quite stable now compared to the previous version.
Last edited by ReaktorFreak on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:35 am; edited 2 times in total
ReaktorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A voice-controlled synth, doesn't have MIDI option but has a quite low latency. This one uses a different method from the previous Freq-Tracker based ones, and has an 'intelligent' harmony generator.
Last edited by ReaktorFreak on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
ReaktorFreak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A technique i've just learned in this one, this time i use AMDF (variation of Autocorrelation) method to convert the audio (monophonic) to MIDI. It has the advantages over the previous zero-crossing and BP Filter method that it is much faster on low-frequency source. It still has several problems though, like octave jumping and random notes coming out at the attack of the note. Also if the signal is too constant on the amplitude (i.e. pure saw wave) the detection is going to be failed because it cannot decide which periodicity is the fundamental.
Last edited by ReaktorFreak on Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm; edited 83 times in total
mihai

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject:  Hi everyone
Subject description: downloading
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey everyone,

i just bought my g2 and i was working on a pitch to midi patch

Now i see you have a lopt patches made for this pitch to midi and i tried to download them but i cant get the .pch2 files i only get a folder that i cant open or a file with extention .ens

sorry for beeing a rookie but how can i check out the patches you guys put here on this forum to download?

Thanks im looking forward to try this audio converter like electro guitar v1.21

i would aprecciate. thanks

Mihai
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome Mihai,

the patches here seem to be for Reaktor and not for the G2 ... you can try and look here if there are any pitch converters ... like maybe this one ... but there are some more ...

And congratulations with your new synth!

mihai

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks for helping me out so quickly

im gonna try them out

thanks
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I split off your question to the G2 section, it seemed more appropriate there Wink
jordpeck

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey. I keep trying to open your folders but it says I do not have sufficient privileges??? I'm really excited about trying your stuff! Thanks.
Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Reaktor
Jump to: