electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Reviews, Editorials and Commentary » Commentary and Editorials
Hitler image used in Bush campaign Web ad
Page 1 of 2 [30 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Michael Chocholak

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Hitler image used in Bush campaign Web ad Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocked You've gotta check this out. It's totally disgusting & wildly hilarious at the same time. Apparently Move.org used some Hilter images in an anti-Bush campaign ad. W's response is to resplice some of the images along with Demo's (accurately) ranting against him and re-released it as a pro W campaign ad. ???. Go figure. They even include an image of W giving what could be mistaken for a Nazi salute! Go to georgebush.com and click on the video for "Kerry's Coalition of the Wild-eyed" Or go here.

Related story here.

I was seriously tempted to give up everything and go be a farmer or something... - Jack Endino, Seattle record producer
play

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

whoa. that's a little bizarre. maybe the bush campaign thinks it's so utterly ridiculous to compare him to hitler that it makes the opposition look insane. I'm starting to think that bush is maybe sociopathic and doesn't understand that thousands of people have died for his lies.

btw. i saw Farenheit 9/11 last night. i was most impressed by the amount of people there. I had to go to a different theater because the first one was sold (as were most theaters). Looks like a lot of people are looking for confirmation of their feelings.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's is an amazing ad. Do they acutally buy air time for it?

The moveon.com Nazi ad is a bit of a red herring. They held a contest for people to submit anti-bush ads. I put up a post here about it, I think. They put hundreds of home made ads on their web site for people to see and vote on. The idea was they would buy air time at the Super Bowl and present the ad with the most votes. The didn't censor any of the ads. Some very very offensive, and some were fantastic. Apparently one equated Bush to Hitler and the Republicans rejoyced because they found a campaign issue. Amazing...

The one that won was very tasteful and understated. It was about children being cheated of their future by the huge budget deficits. Of course, CBS refused to air the add because of political pressure from the White House. Who said the USA is a free country?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Michael Chocholak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I remember those movie.com clips - some of those were really good too.

One of things I find most strange about this ad is that I think even the repub version puts W in a terrible light in spite of what they were trying to accomplish with it. And most people never read the small print. They usually just go with the visuals - that's why both sides have dumped so much campaign $ into tv ads. They're not only paying for air time, but of all the clips, they're pushing it - as Dick 'go fuck yourself' Cheney would say - Big Time. Why can't they see the real impact and import?

From the AP story; "Democrats want the video pulled from the site. Campaign aides said it would remain."

Insanity. Rolling Eyes

I was seriously tempted to give up everything and go be a farmer or something... - Jack Endino, Seattle record producer
jeff harrington

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

URL has changed...

mms://media4.streamtoyou.com/gwb/KCOWE_256k.wmv

What is sooo amazing is that their knowledge of psychology is either so subtle or so coarse that such an ad would not be a monumental risk.

play

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there's not much image to destroy after blatantly lying to the public (and getting caught) and sending people off to kill and die without any reasonable justification.

I like my assessment: george bush is a sociopath (literally: without empathy) and his campaign crew are delusional.
Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A very well done ad. Scary, but well executed. It's not meant to convert people to vote for Bush. It is meant to enrage pro-Bush people. In their eyes Bush is being victimized. The boos behind Michael Moore send a powerful message. Gore comes off looking like a madman.

I'm afraid the Bush people are going to turn up the heat, and this will be a dirty, vicious campaign. I only hope we can get him out of there.

www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
play

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you really think it matters?

Our current president was appointed by the supreme court in contradiction to the popular vote. The biggest lie in America is that we are a democracy. So many people still believe that. There is no credible option within the system. All apparent differences are superficial.

however, i would vote for the guns and dope candidate if there was one.
http://www.gunsanddope.com/
Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You make good points.
The Bush people are trying to create a " if you criticize the President then you are anti-American" campaign. We can only hope that more and more people realize what's going on. We can only hope that the polls aren't rigged.

www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
Abaddon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have seen the 'bush-hitler' comparison pictures, never used for good though.
Too bad the video won't load. Sad

play

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mohoyoho wrote:
You make good points.
The Bush people are trying to create a " if you criticize the President then you are anti-American" campaign. We can only hope that more and more people realize what's going on. We can only hope that the polls aren't rigged.

rigged would imply that there is the appearance of an actual election. yeah, there is an election but it has nothing to do with who is president. the import of the supreme court appointing the president is oft underestimated. there is now a legal precedent set. it can happen again and no doubt will unless those currently in power decide to make a democrat president to defuse the liberals.

even if the system worked the way it's supposed to it's still not the general public that elects the president. It's the electoral college that has that power. and while I'm on the topic I might as well mention that it's lobbyists that make legislation, not congress.
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From here it looks like the normative state found itself in deep trouble, did not trust the democratic process and libertarian and conservative powers decided to give a populist outsider the job as president. The same happened after "The march on Rome" and in Germany. From here it looks like a military junta is struggling to stay in power in the US. Bush did show how how important he thought it would be to go for Afhanistan and Iraq. Now I guess we will see how important the job as president of the US really is. Are we expecting a Reichstag fire in the US and yet another excuse? We will see. Soon.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Michael Chocholak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, some would say we already had the Reichstag fire back on 9/11.

play

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

quite right.

probably the most credible piece addressing the reichstag-ness of 9/11 is the short book by Gore Vidal: The Enemy Within

The U.S. has always used a tactic of sly provocation leading to retaliation to get popular support for war.
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am not saying the Bush junta is fascist. It is clearly not.. but rather an excercise using similar methods. One interesting fact is the construction of a parallell legislation which overrides all rights of the citizen. "We suspect you of crimes against the state..." etc etc. And you already have the camps. Securing external space , this time it is westernizing the control of resources in Iraq and Afghanistan is also very close to the ideology of "lebensraum".

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
"lebensraum".

I had not heard that word in a long time.

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now when the cold war is over, adding resourceful nations to the western resource pool is the closest we get to the grand thought of "lebensraum". In my opinion, the way it this is being done now is too close for comfort.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Michael Chocholak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well here comes that Reichstag fire. The administration is looking at postponing the November elections; http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-07-12-postpone-elections_x.htm . Due to an attack that they anticipate - although they have NO specific info. So they get in with a political coup using the Supreme Court & now they're running around to the courts, congress, & the justice department trying to find a way to stay in power.

It's interesting that they are suggesting postponing the elections. Why not the other alternative of moving them up - now would be fine with me! Wink

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm... it had to happen.. and now the press will have to behave in order to keep the public safe from harm or whatever. OK.. the US will be in dire need of some serious internal enemies.. anyone have a list of the usual suspects?

And I guess art will have to be redifined in order to communicate healty and sound values? Will you guys still be able to receive postcards from Europe? At least I hope the military dressing code inside Festung Amerika will be stylish.

Shocked Crying or Very sad

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr

Last edited by elektro80 on Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
play

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
At least I hope the military dressing code inside Festung Amerikas will be stylish.

Are you kidding me? Style is the opiate of the masses.

I'm glad I live here. The U.S. is the greatest nation in the country.

but seriously folks...it's just like the end of rome. if you know about terrence mckenna's timewave we're right now at a harmonic resonance with the collapse of the roman empire. i think the important thing is to not get swept up by either side. any action in opposition to the regime will cause suffering. if everyone ignored the power-hungry, they would be powerless. the only reason these nut-jobs are a problem is because people let them rule.

so i plan to live my life happily and love those around me even if my home becomes a field surrounded by barbed-wire.
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

noiseusse wrote:
I'm glad I live here. The U.S. is the greatest nation in the country.

Very Happy Shocked

Laughing

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm.. right.. I found it..

Hymne für die Festung Amerika

http://www.zeit.de/archiv/2002/40/200240_strategie.xml

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Michael Chocholak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, it's getting too late for summer camp. Maybe winter camp, eh? Remember to wear your mittens!

I'm not going anywhere - somebody else will have to make that calfskin wallet. It's like someone's pulled the bathtub plug - it's gonna be a rough & interesting ride. We made it through Joe McCarthy & Nixon. It's bizarre, but America seems to have a neurotic national need to do this to itself every few decades. Maybe because it feels so good when we stop!

2012 gets closer all the time shakng2 compress shaking

seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

noiseusse wrote:
The U.S. is the greatest nation in the country

am I missing something Question Shocked

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...the dubya.. quoted... a famous bush-ism

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Page 1 of 2 [30 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Reviews, Editorials and Commentary » Commentary and Editorials
Jump to: