electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  mosc Chez mosc - tonight, Twyndyllyngs live
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Help!!! my G2 engine won't stop playing the demo track!!!
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Lifted

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Help!!! my G2 engine won't stop playing the demo track!!! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Help!!! my G2 engine won't stop playing the demo track!!!

Everytime I turn it on it starts playing, even when the editor is on it's still playing the damn demo track, I just got my G2 engine today is this a factory fault should I just return it? any help or suggestion would be much appreciated.
egw

G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't even know there was a demo track. Is this a joke?
Blue Hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 143
G2 patch files: 318

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is normal for the G2 engine to start the first performance from the first performance bank. When you want it to start with something else you'll have to put another (possibly empty) performance into that memory location.

You can do so from the editor, but before you try to do so you should unprotect the memory and be sure you are in performance mode.

To unprotect the memory use synth/Settings from the menu.

To create an empty performance use File/New Performance from the menu.

To store that performance into the engine use Synth/Save in Synth from the menu, but be sure you really are in performance mode when you do so.

Jan.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome Lifted.

I guess you mean it's stuck on the default factory patch "Welcome G2".

Whatever, if your machine is stuck, check out this thread and try the tip in the third post.

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-2208.html

Opps.... Just realized you have an Engine. No buttons. doh I'm sorry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lifted

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks! you guys are right, it was a performance that was running; I sort of panicked when I first power the G2.

For those who have the engine is it really neccessary to press the hidden button on the front panel to activate update mode when updating the synth OS cause I have been trying to press something inside that little hole nothing seems to get pressed but I tried to update it witout pressing the update mode button and it seemed to successfully update, now I don't know if it was just the updater telling me this or if the synth has really manage to update the OS.

CHEERS!
Afro88

Audio files: 12
G2 patch files: 79

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had troubles updating my g2 engine until I remembered the hidden update button. The updater would just freeze. So I powered down, pressed the button while powering back up and then it updated flawlessly.
Fozzie

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 49

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess this might be variation in computer USB connections, but it could of course be variation in the early batches of engines. I have one, and it updated flawlessly the first time I tried it, using only the synth update software app and without ever trying to push the mystical hidden button.
W.T.

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 11

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When i tried to update my new engine to the latest version.
I tried it several times and it didn't work. later i came to the conclusion it had something to do with midi. i pult the midicabels out of the engine and voila........silly me Embarassed
triptonizer

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what hidden button?? Confused When I updated my engine (software only, I wasn't even aware there was such a button), it seemed to get stuck with WinXP kindly notifying me that the USB connection got lost. After a few indecisive moments of head scratching I rebooted and restarted the updater, only to see that the V1.2 update had already been fully installed in the synth.
Fozzie

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 49

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there is a small hole in the front of your engine. This is a hidden update button, that can be used if the software procedure doesn't work properly. You need something thin like the point of a pen to push it. But you'd better use something without ink, I guess.
triptonizer

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i see... I'd been wondering what that hole was about Rolling Eyes

thx fozzie Wink
Lifted

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The hidden button on my engine wasn't alligned to the pin hole so I eventually had to open the engine and press the button from inside but I manage to update the synth this way now it works great!!
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: