electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » YuSynth
New yusynth DUAL GATED SLEW module
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
yusynth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: New yusynth DUAL GATED SLEW module Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all

I have just published a new YUSYNTH module at my site. It's an utility module that provides two Slew limiters that can be set either to linear or logarithmic slope. It is also possible to toggle between rise only or rise and fall slew or fall only slew. In the log mode a GATE signal can be used to activate/deactivate the slew mode.

Enjoy it at :
http://yusynth.net/Modular/index.html

or direct link to the module :
http://yusynth.net/Modular/EN/DUALSLEW/index.html

Very soon I will publish another module : standards voltages (octave and semitones)

Last edited by yusynth on Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
frijitz

Audio files: 54

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: New yusynth DUAL GATED SLEW module Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yusson wrote:
I have just published a new YUSYNTH module at my site.

Very nice. I especially like how you integrate all the aspects of your project into a coherent presentation on a single page. (Moderators please note Smile )

Very Happy

Ian
yusynth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: New yusynth DUAL GATED SLEW module Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

frijitz wrote:
Very nice. I especially like how you integrate all the aspects of your project into a coherent presentation on a single page. (Moderators please note Smile )

Thanks Ian, I try to keep my site as lively and attractive as I can. Wink

frijitz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: New yusynth DUAL GATED SLEW module Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yusson wrote:
frijitz wrote:

Thanks Ian, I try to keep my site as lively and attractive as I can. Wink

I'm jealous. My site was set up to be flat and strictly informational with no redeeming entertainment value whatsoever. And it has grown willy-nilly over the years. With the changes coming here, I'll probably go back to presenting most of my projects on my site, like you do. Lot's of catching up to do! Thanks for the inspiration. You are doing it right.

Ian
Sebo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi:
Thanks for the new module, your site is great !!!!

https://www.facebook.com/cosaquitos/
mandrigora

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Furthermore, thank you for making your PCBs one-sided! It really saves a ton of headaches...
yusynth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mandrigora wrote:
Furthermore, thank you for making your PCBs one-sided! It really saves a ton of headaches...

Yes that's the challenge when I design a PCB : make it single sided with as less straps or jumpers as possible. Because I etch my PCB myself I don't want to bother with double-sided pcb...Wink

I also try to provide alternate pcb versions when some parts of a version are difficult to source.

Randaleem

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: New yusynth DUAL GATED SLEW module
Subject description: Hinted: changes coming to e-m format/forums?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Yves. Another great and useful module. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Ian, Couldn't help but notice these two cryptic but potentially important comments in your replies:
frijitz wrote:
I especially like how you integrate all the aspects of your project into a coherent presentation on a single page. (Moderators please note Smile ) and then this one: "With the changes coming here..."

Two hints at something which doesn't appear to be common public knowledge? Why should the "moderators take note" of how Yves. has his website configured? What "changes coming here" are you referring to?

Kind regards, Randal
frijitz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I apologize for my cryptic style -- I didn't mean to imply anything sinister, if that is what you are thinking. The volume of posts here continues to increase rapidly, and it seems pretty clear that it soon will grow so large that it will reach a critical point where it will be impossible to keep all the significant topics in the spotlight. Already some of the thing I have been involved in quite recently have scrolled off to oblivion and have no other documentation. I'm just saying that I have relied too heavily on this forum for documentation and have neglected to keep up with writing up these topics in a complete and coherent fashion on my website ... and that I wish I had Yves' presentation skills. Very Happy

Ian
Randaleem

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Ian, Thank you for the quick reply!

No, Wasn't thinking anything sinister at work; just didn't know what you meant and couldn't figure it out myself, so I asked. Thank you for the added info.

As for Yves Presentation abilities, You're not the only one who wishes he I! had them! Agreed, He does a really nice job!

Kind regards, Randal
yusynth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, thanks to all of you for your kinds comments.

frijitz don't be jealous, I must say that I always appreciate visiting your site and some other SDIY reference sites (Jurgen Haible's, Ray Wilson's, Ken Stone's...). Your site may not look fancy but I like the sounding technical information one can get there. I learnt a lot there about VCOs for example, also about physical modelling analogue synthesis and I keep an interested eye on all your chaos circuit investigations.

Yves

Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » YuSynth
Jump to: