electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
aah, that new synth smell...
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
freq

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject:  aah, that new synth smell... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everyone, i've Just picked up my new A6 from the store.
I only ordered it a week ago and here it is. Very Happy
I've only had a quick play, but really like it. I love the spacey pads and strings. Looks like an awesome machine, Only £60 more than a P08 as well.
When I emailed Alesis about availability they said they were 'sold out' and 'awaiting further information regarding future supplies' and Digital Village got the last consignment. I called them immediately and they had one unallocated unit left. Sold. The guy in the shop said it was the last one of the last batch into the country. Shocked
I only discovered the A6 about a month ago, as I am returning to music after more than 20 years 'in the wilderness'. I used to play a Digisound modular and Yamaha CS70m back then. I also have a new dotcom modular to complement the Alesis, so it feels like the good old days, i'd forgotten how much fun this was and I think this synth is just what I need.

new a6.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  35.04 KB
 Viewed:  4735 Time(s)

new a6.jpg

sunny pedaal

Audio files: 12

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fun to read, welcome
freq

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks. What a fabulous bit of kit. My friend just had a go and was so impressed, and he has a synthex and ps3200 etc.
Groove66

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats!!!

Indeed a fat beast and unique in every way.

Looks like Numark / Alesis seem to play a different approach lately when it comes to the A6 and others like the ION.

I live 5 minutes from Numark UK, and collected my A6 in person only this year in March. I too was told it was the last unit in the country Laughing

DV actually bought quite a few of them from Numark (i think around 8-10) and managed to perhaps sell most and returned back 1 or 2 last remaining ones to Numark.

I know that the 2007 batch came into UK in Feb and two stores including Dolphin and Absolute sold them fast.

It's funny they said the same thing to me about the ION i just bought a few months back. Shops still seem to have stock Shocked

But in general the A6 is hard to find in the UK as of now. I know one place that has a few though.
freq

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting, I think my friend will definately be looking for one.
realtrance

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My understanding (based on hearsay from honorable folk <g>) is that about 20 Andromedas are made a month, based basically on the number (globally) that are requested for sales. It may be that they hold off a production run until they get 20 orders, or something like that -- might be unprofitable to do a production run on fewer numbers.

JUST rumor but might clarify the nature of the A6 availability mysteries. Hang in there, sounds like they're still making 'em.
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: