electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
A collection of Klee musics
Page 2 of 13 [314 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 11, 12, 13 Next
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 96

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try to understand, try to understand. Try try try try try - he's a Manic Man oooohhhwhoa-whoa, oooo-ooooo (di-di-di-di-duh-duh).

32 step (with a portion with gate bus 1 load on), three oscillators, three EGs, 2040 clone, Triple Wilson SVVCF, Late MS-20 with wave multiplier for the occasional sproing. There is range switch manipulation. One take in vintage mono.

I don't have the specifics on the patches, but one VCO was A, one was B, and one was A+B. Two oscillators were fed to the 2040 clone, then through the SVVCF. The other was fed through the late MS20 filter, triangle through wave multiplier. TH UD-1 is kick and TH MPS is the other drum. No Dim C or reverb, echo.

It's 7 MB, btw.

Cheerio,
Scott

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

7mb? So you can up/download that amount? oh yessssss!

Great track too Scott. Did you catch my 2 posts too?

This forum needs more music. As the great Sun Ra once said "This spaceship runs on music"- quite right! Very Happy

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
23isgood

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very cool. Sounds like old school video game music.
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, guys!

Quote:
Did you catch my 2 posts too?

Gasp! No I didn't! I'll take a look for them here in a sec.

Quote:
This forum needs more music. As the great Sun Ra once said "This spaceship runs on music"- quite right!

Hear, hear!

Here are a few more from the last couple of weeks or so.

Harmonic_1 was recorded a little while after "manic_man". It uses the same elements, and essentially the same patch as manic_man, but it's also run through the Dim C and the Lexicon MX200 delay and reverb. This was a tricky one to record - I had one voice coming from the Late MS-20 Filter Clone, and I would switch it from low pass to high pass while at the same time flipping the Klee range switch so one "voice" (low pass) would play the passage (hell, the whole sequence) higher and the other "voice" (high pass) would play the passage lower. This was a rough cut that I was going to go back and re-record, but I got sidetracked with some other experimentation and messed up the patch.

Harmonic_1 (3.08 MB)

The last three were recorded using a method I used to record the whole first series of Klee samples back in the days when it was just starting to take shape. Back then, the Klee was a bit different - I had an input that would accept a CV and mix that with any of the outputs. This is a feature found on many sequencers, and I planned to include it with the Klee, but it was cut because the thing was just getting out of hand as it was. The nice thing about it, though, was that the glide would affect the keyboard CV as well as the Klee CV (because they were mixed together).

Anyway, with these samples I used the CV from my keyboard to control just one of the voices. That same voice was also controlled by an output of the Klee (my VCOs have two V/Oct inputs),so basically I could control a sequence up and down with the keyboard. This voice, in all three samples, was a VCO3 sawtooth through the dual MS-20 Filter (I didn't use the Wave Multiplier in these three samples).

BTW, that new CV module by Yusynth (Yves Yusson) would be an extremely powerful tool when approaching the Klee in this manner. The possibilities of that thing are, to me, quite exciting.

All of these samples use TH UD-1 Bass drum and TH MPS Percussion,and the same elements as manic-man and the sample above. Key2 and Sereneklee just used the A and B outputs to control the VCOS. I recorded them last week, with "Sereneklee" being recorded just this Sunday. All of them were run through the Dim C, with delay/reverb. So all of the samples of this post are in stereo, through benefit of the Dim C. No overdubs blah blah.

Klee_key1 (4.66 MB)
Klee_key2 (4.60 MB)
Sereneklee (5.90 MB)

Cheerios,
Scott

Edit: I should mention, the Klee voice that was also controlled by the keyboard: I had the trigger output trigger its EG, and the gate output of the keyboard control the EG as well, so holding a key on the keyboard would "open" up the part, and not pressing the key made it more staccato.

23isgood

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those are great tunes. I really enjoy the melodies that you come up with. My fav is, "sereneklee". Beautiful sounds. Very serene indeed. Happy music. Uplifting, and healing. Its going on the ipod. Im inspired now, gotta warm up the Klee.
The Alison Project

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scott, these all sound great.

What's the word of your CD.

Chris

www.myspace.com/theyakuzacowboys
23isgood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here are two more tunes I made yesterday. I finally got the 4034 replaced so in these im using both registers. All the drums are being triggered by the Klee.

Boll Weevil.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Boll Weevil.mp3
 Filesize:  4.1 MB
 Downloaded:  1284 Time(s)

Roller.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Roller.mp3
 Filesize:  2.77 MB
 Downloaded:  1258 Time(s)

Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice free-form stuff! Both of these give me the impression of a sort of electro-jazz jam by guys in tuxedos taking place in a clearing in some jungle. I don't know why, but the drummer is wearing sunglasses and has a cigarette hanging out of the corner of his mouth. Very Happy

The timbres you're getting off the synth and drums really fit together well, too! What VCOs/filters and drums did you use for these pieces?

TAP - missed the question about my CD. It's round and shiny and totally empty at this time Laughing

23isgood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He he. "electro-jazz jam" I like that! I want to be at that jungle party. Lets see, I used three TH xr2206 VCO's, I had one of the VCO's patched into one of the other VCO's synch input. A Digisound CEM3320 LPF, two MOTM EG's, and a VCA-1. For the drums I used an 808 kick, and snare, and the Cynare. I also used the Space Echo, Mackie mixer, some lexicon reverb, and a bit of post processing in Sound forge with some waves plugins.
Pehr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's my first try playing the Klee. Very Happy

I haven't tuned the programming pots yet.

http://www.garageband.com/artist/loxodrom
http://soundcloud.com/loxodrom
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Alison Project wrote:
Scott, these all sound great.

What's the word of your CD.

I was about to ask the very same thing Scott! Very Happy

Those above tracks are superb. Your work, just continues to fascinate me Cool

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Pehr,

party time!

Congrats on the completion of the Klee and the first Klee sample! What were you using for that clanky percussive sound?

Quote:
I was about to ask the very same thing Scott!

Actually you did and I neglected to answer Embarassed

At the rate I'm going, it'll be issued as a "golden oldie".

Take care,
Scott

Pehr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scott Stites wrote:
Congrats on the completion of the Klee and the first Klee sample! What were you using for that clanky percussive sound?

Thanks! Very Happy It's really fun playing with it! But a little hard to tame Wink

The clanky sound is: two high frequency sine waves and square waves (2xMFOS VCO), ring modulated (2xMFOS simple AD633) separately, mixed into a 12 dB LPF (MFOS VCSVF) that is slightly controlled by a sine LFO (MFOS VCLFO). The signal is then fed into a log VCA (MFOS). Cool

23isgood

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was going to ask the same thing. I really like that bell sound.
Pehr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've found the external load input very useful. I connect the main clock (or master gate) to a 4040 binary counter to divide the clock frequency. Then I use one of the 4040 outputs (converted to a trigger pulse) to load a new pattern. Cool
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Harmonic 1" reminds me of some stuff that has been put out in the past by Germany's "To Roccoco Rot". This is genuinely great stuff Scott. Do keep up the good work! Very Happy

edit;
Quote:
This was a rough cut that I was going to go back and re-record, but I got sidetracked with some other experimentation and messed up the patch

I don't think it really matters that much. It's fine as it is Smile

Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
But a little hard to tame.

Somewhat like sculpting with very loose clay Very Happy . Nice patching on that sample. It sounds like you put a good bit of work into building up your voices.

Quote:
I've found the external load input very useful. I connect the main clock (or master gate) to a 4040 binary counter to divide the clock frequency. Then I use one of the 4040 outputs (converted to a trigger pulse) to load a new pattern.

Y'know, this is something I've been itching to try, and never have. Cool! I think it should load even if you don't convert it to a trigger pulse. I think anyway....

Quote:
I don't think it really matters that much. It's fine as it is

Thank you Tom. When I get something to the level of "Rocket Summer", I'll start putting stuff on disk.

Cheerio,
Scott

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you like Rocket Summer?
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Most def!! I hate pigeonholing things, but it certainly reminded me of Barret-era Pink Floyd, with a dash of Pram. Very Happy
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well interesting that you say that, but the drummer was Laurence and the Farfisa Organ playing was Simon. Both have been or still are in Pram!

oh yes- I do like a touch of early Floyd/ Syd Barrett

Pehr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scott Stites wrote:
I think it should load even if you don't convert it to a trigger pulse. I think anyway....

oh, that's really good to know. Thanks Very Happy

Pehr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is everybody building/playing their Klees? Very Happy

It's about time someone posts here Cool

a.b.o.z.

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'm still building mine Sad Smile
got married and moved in the meanwhile...so now i'm on cable building part.
boards are done...front panel is on silk screening...so next week I should be Kleeeing
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pehr, all I can say is I love this piece. It's like a stark, despairing alien soundscape with a beat Cool

That's a meaty sounding filter you used, too, on the main voice. What filter is that? That's a pretty good chuffy sound on the counter-beat, too.

Also - there's some great stereo effects going on there - did you do that with a delay?

Thanks for sharing this!

Cheerios,
Scott

Pehr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scott Stites wrote:
Pehr, all I can say is I love this piece. It's like a stark, despairing alien soundscape with a beat Cool

That's a meaty sounding filter you used, too, on the main voice. What filter is that? That's a pretty good chuffy sound on the counter-beat, too.

Also - there's some great stereo effects going on there - did you do that with a delay?

Thanks for sharing this!

Thanks! I really liked playing with this patch, and I still have it patched up Very Happy Almost all of my 100 chords are used Shocked Cool

The meaty filter is actually the MFOS 4-pole LPF. Its resonance is modulated by a Tri-LFO, hence the screaming at times.

The stereo effect is actually also MFOS, the stereo auto panner. Its panning rate is modulated with a sine LFO and you can hear that it is slower att some times and faster.

The only thing I'm not really satisfied with is the sound lab 'string'-patch in the background....

Oh, and I cheated a little Embarassed There are some beats made with a MFOS sequancer. The 'strings' are also controlled by a slow MFOS seq.

EDIT: The counter beat must be the phaser patch (MFOS 4/8 stage phaser)

Page 2 of 13 [314 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 11, 12, 13 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Jump to: