electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » News... » Conferences and Journals
Notacon 5
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
vitruvius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Notacon 5
Subject description: A tech/music/art/geekery conference in Cleveland.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Calendar Event: April 4, 2008

Hey folks!

I mentioned this to a few of you at EM 2007 this past June and got some positive feedback. I meant to post on here sooner, but I got sidetracked. Anyways, I wanted to remind some of you and let the rest of you know about an event I help organize every April in Cleveland, OH.

Our call for proposals is currently open, and our introduction reads thus:

Quote:
Notacon is a different kind of conference. We're not a trade show. We're not an academic poster session. We're not limited to narrow topics like computer security. Notacon is an exploration into creativity, ideation and culture as it relates to technology, music and art. Notacon is what happens when you put 300-400 talented, creative and inspired people into a common space for a weekend. Notacon is collaboration and innovation.

We thrive on the creative applications of technology, art and music and the interaction thereof. All presentations, performances, workshops and panels should try to reflect this idea. How are you or your group using technology in creative ways? Are you advancing the state of the art? What have you developed, discovered, or thought about that might be interesting? How can participants either get involved or take your idea to the next level?

(from http://www.notacon.org/cfp.html )

I know many of you have excellent and insightful things to present on and perform, and I would like to encourage all of you to check out this conferences and perhaps submit a proposal.

Thank you for your time. If you have any questions or comments, don't hesitate to get in touch with me.

www.lethargicrecords.com

NOTACON
www.notacon.org
vitruvius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a friendly reminder. Our CFP closes this Thursday. Smile
www.lethargicrecords.com

NOTACON
www.notacon.org
vitruvius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I figured I'd bump this post once more before our event.

I'm rather excited about this year's event coming in just under three weeks (I'm freaking out -- there's so much left to do).

We're hosting the only North American Demoparty alongside our event for the second year (one admission gets you both). More info about that at http://www.demoparty.us/

We also have an assortment of presentations, performances, installation, etc. across a very broad range of topics. I encourage you to take a look at our speakers page: http://www.notacon.org/speakers.html

I think those of you who have attended and enjoyed electro-music events as I have will find a lot to enjoy at this event as well.

Thank you for your time!

www.lethargicrecords.com

NOTACON
www.notacon.org
jbible

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

featuring a performance by...

Jeremy Bible & Jason Henry
http://jbjh.experimedia.net
Productive and eclectic Ohio based sound artists Jeremy Bible & Jason Henry collaborate to fuse elements of musique concrete, acoustic, and electronic music. By means of conceptual, experimental, modern, and algorithmic recording and processing techniques the duo seek to expose a synergetic relationship between real world found sounds, acoustic instrumentation, and electronic sound design. The end result has been described as "paintings of sound", "the aural equivalent of abstract expressionist and minimalist painting", "music with depth and soft command", and "a consolidation of sound that creates an intimate experience transporting the listener to newly fabricated yet oddly nostalgic destinations". By merging the aesthetics of art and science through modern recording technology the duo examine the relationships between sound, ourselves, and the environment. Through research and experimentation into bioacoustics and the utilization of field recordings alongside traditional instruments and sound design a re-contextualization of everyday sound occurs. The duo's creative amalgamation of these elements have caught the attention of recording labels in Russia, Germany, and the United States with a growing number of albums slated for international release. Each of the duo's improvisational live performances bring forth conceptual approaches and new perspectives on their sound and are complemented by an equally significant visual element of large scale projections in a lights out performance environment described as "subtle patterns of breathing white light".

For their performance at Notacon 5 on the night of Saturday April 5th 2008 in Cleveland, Ohio the duo will present a live improvisational composite collage of sound photographs captured throughout that day of Notacon's various panels, speakers, presentations, and site-specificlocation surroundings. Preceding the performance a brief presentation on the subjects of 'Environmental Sound and the Non-Existence of Silence' will be given by Jeremy Bible. The following performance will further illustrate the concepts examined during the presentation.
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » News... » Conferences and Journals
Jump to: