electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » General Discussion
Akai AX80 service manual
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
XpanderXT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Akai AX80 service manual Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyone know where I might be able to download or get a copy of an AX80 service manual?

I just got an AX80 and need to fix a dead voice. It also has the famous 'right hand buttons' not working thing but that is an easy fix.

I would love to find the calibration routine for the unit too so I can get it tweeked out.

thanks,
FredM

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I believe the AX73 voice circuit is similar or identical. Service manuals for AX73 are available (if you really cannot get one, I could scan some pages from mine for you).
XpanderXT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks for the offer. I found a service manual.
MrSlippery

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have just picked up an ax80 from a friend who lost interest in it. I am having a blast with it, but there are about 6 dead keys that I would like to fix. Any information / schematics could really help me out.
ar2jr

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i too have an ax80 that needs some work. what exactly is the famous right hand controls problem as that's one problem with mine.

-matia
ar2jr

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

anyone?
Dego

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyone got the AX-73 service manual? I need to change the sliding potientometers on my AX-73. Does anyone know what values they are?
sounddoctorin

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The AX80 is no relation to the other AX series. It has only saw cores digitally controlled it appears. haven't seen the schematic but have examined the board. No transistor pairs heat sunk together, no vco chips etc. Just the CEM3372 VCF and an op amp and a couple transistors discrete per channel so not VCO based for sure. (And no auto-tune). The other AX's do have auto-tune because they use the CEM3394 synth on a chip with real VCO inside. Akai confused everyone by starting out with dco's and went to vco's afterward.

I have a VX-90 I was looking for schematics for. It's the rack of the AX-73 that I have on ebay at the moment. Figure I'll get the rack working and I really don't need another big keyboard around. hehe. No sign of manual so far.. if anyone knows drop me a line. -Bob
Paradigm X

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyone ever find one of these?

Id love a copy if poss

Many thanks, Ben
sounddoctorin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Paradigm X wrote:
Anyone ever find one of these?

Id love a copy if poss

Many thanks, Ben

I finally purchased a copy. If you have some specific question just contact me and I can check it out for you.
Paradigm X

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, very kind.

It is actually working very well, i was just thinking about how easy it would be to add potentiometers for the filter cutoff and resonance, and possibly others. it looks reasonable from the cem3394 datasheet, but i dont want to start hacking away without a schematic.

If thats easy enough to scan and or post that would be great.

Thanks.

Ben
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » General Discussion
Jump to: