electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Windows as a music workstation
Usine 3.55 and VST for soon
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
svivens

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject:  Usine 3.55 and VST for soon Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some news from Sensomusic:
Usine 3.55 comes out with a new design and CPU optimisation, a plugg-in collection including a new set of Spectral and FFT audio tools,
swing, even on data flow! a video player, different tempo for each track, etc...
http://www.sensomusic.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=705

-->the VST version of Usine is on progress.
we will soon be able to open it inside our usual VST DAW!
what do you think of a modular inside AB.live..? Smile

Usine VST in MiniHost:
http://www.sensomusic.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=743
Rosa Monte

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Question thank's for the link, but what is the interest for having different tempo for tracks? usuals software got syncro for all.
what is swing on data flow?
i love the pastel colors.
Laughing
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Different tempo for tracks is a fabulous feature if you like polyrhythmic music.

I've been fooling around a bit with Usine lately and it is much more powerful than I at first believed. It can be used to develop gizmos that do DSP. It's easy to attach widgets for controls etc. In this way it may be an alternative for commercial programs like AudioMulch and such. At any rate, it seem worth it to me to spend more time with Usine.

Being able to use it as a VST seems very nice, even though Usine is a VST host in its own right.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, svivens is probably Stéfanus Vivens, one of the members of the development team. Sometimes, it takes me a while to figure things out. Very Happy

Great work!

I wonder, is it possible to extend the mono delay module to provide delays that are on the order of 1 or 2 samples? I'm working on an ambiophonic encoder algorithm that requires delays that are on the order of 40 to 100 micro seconds.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
svivens

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HI Mosc, i'm not a one of the development team,i don't know how to write in C++ and scripting yet; Embarassed (it will come,for now i rather play piano in Usine!) Olivier Sens works alone! so i use to give a litle help, for the new FXs, i did some presets,add-ons, i test and bring suggestions.Bsork does a great job helping on forum and with some crazy add-ons and scripts.
i try to push the DJ/trad-electro move in the Usine spirit!
i was blocked in Max/Msp cause of the price!..
and, compared to Max/Msp, it is nearly a pleasure to patch now! Wink
i realize some dreams like improvising a set on stage, recording/looping all in real time,and...play piano with crazy fxs on it!
Yes i'm fan. ***

Quote:
Mosc said: I wonder, is it possible to extend the mono delay module to provide delays that are on the order of 1 or 2 samples? I'm working on an ambiophonic encoder algorithm that requires delays that are on the order of 40 to 100 micro seconds.

_regarding delays in Usine,the mono delay min. is 0,050ms so it makes 2 samples i think,
anyway, Senso is open minded and you can suggests your needs directly to him on the sensomusic forums
cheers!
ps: i have a scoop: Senso is testing his VST in AB.Live, today!
svivens

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rosa Monte wrote:
Question thank's for the link, but what is the interest for having different tempo for tracks? usuals software got syncro for all.
Laughing

as Mosc say a great job on polyrythmy can be done this way,
i only test it in sequencer (up to 512 steps) because it'easy to have 7/4 for 4/4 for 11/8 for what you want! (the inverse work! tempo equivalences by polyrithm)
the first interest that comes to my mind of having different tempo for each track is for ex.:
build a tune with some patches (audio,midi,VST,whatever...) on 3 tracks
tempo is 100
at the end of your playing, just mix another 3tracks tune
tempo is 75... at the end, back to the first 3 tracks, with another 3patches tune while tempo would be 125; and so on...
it 's not only like mixing wav tunes or vinyls...
all is potentialy living inside, remember that you can switch between
different piano rolls or step sequencers in only one patch.
while the next patch on the same track would be totaly different, a kind of loop player? yeah, here again you can switch of file in real time! Shocked
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

svivens wrote:

_regarding delays in Usine,the mono delay min. is 0,050ms so it makes 2 samples i think,
anyway, Senso is open minded and you can suggests your needs directly to him on the sensomusic forums

According to the online docs, the min value is 0.1 ms. I will check in on their forum as you suggest. Thanks...

svivens

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i confirm, it looks like a mistake in the help manual.
i should post Senso about.
you seem to be advanced in softwares Wink
then if you drop a basic delay in some Usine empty patch,you'll be able to set the delay to 0.050 immediatly.
Usine audio delay has a [0,xxx] accuracy i guess...
as far as i can't enter in the module itself,exept coding!
but to this point, does it make Sens? Wink i mean,Sense?
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm cool with that. I joined the Usine support forum and posted a message there about the delays and Olivier posted a reply that he's going to extend the delay down to one sample. That would be very nice.

I was playing with Usine and getting into a lot of fun spaces I've never been. I'm not a VST user. I work mostly on my G2 modular synth, but I'm going to be using Usine a lot in the future I'm sure. It's a different way of working for me - almost like a new instrument entirely. I suspect others will take to it immediately.

I'll probably end up having to get a powerful computer now... Wink

Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Windows as a music workstation
Jump to: