electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Looking for GOOD SYNTH Bass, the challlenge for Andromeda
Page 3 of 3 [58 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
sunny pedaal

Audio files: 12

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

moog little fatty?
jachinboaz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i did kind of ponder this but the moog demos on there site kind of leave me cold - i know the moog from alot of older 70's progressive ambient stuff and tangerine dream etc and do love the sound but i just never kind of see it as a groovy sound . . . kind of weird i know as i am sure it can be when you program in a funky enough bassline......i should try one properly really or trya nd get one sequenced up ina store but all i can find on the net is pretty lame demos of wakeman solos and stuff , i can hear its a reeal analogue sound and warm and i am guessing the moog has a lovely creamy lowend and mid low . . .i think i will give the moog a good look next time i am near my local dealer.Hows the asb creamware clones of the moog etc i wonder ?

sunny pedaal wrote:
moog little fatty?
soundwave106

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jachinboaz wrote:
just out of interest what are good analogues or va's for this knock in the chest . . . . i myself am looking for an analogue or va with good groovy bass sounds . . . not sub . . dull etc but higher stuff . . .

Personal opinion alert...

Of the stuff you mentioned, I like the Waldorf Pulse for bass a lot. Its sound is very Waldorf, out-front and aggressive. Funky? Probably, with some programming work. I've heard songs get funky with Pulse sounds.

The MKS-50 and Junos have good sounds. They are a bit limited but have that very recognizable trance sound (Junos can easily get squelchy and MKS-50s have the "hoover" preset after all).

The Waldorf Microwave 1 can do nice bass, its not really an analog but it can approximate it. I found it hard to program though. Like the Pulse its more out-front.

Never liked the MKS-80 for bass, its just not the snappiest machine out there. It's "phat", but other machines got used before it when I had it. If the basslines didn't need to be snappy, the MKS-80 could work, but at the prices I've seen them going for, I'd rather have a Prophet 8 rack.
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jachinboaz wrote:
Hows the asb creamware clones of the moog etc i wonder ?

Pretty good.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

soundwave106 wrote:

Of the stuff you mentioned, I like the Waldorf Pulse for bass a lot. Its sound is very Waldorf, out-front and aggressive. Funky

Absolutely! Very Happy

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
jonkull

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jachinboaz wrote:
i did kind of ponder this but the moog demos on there site kind of leave me cold

Yeah, I always found it odd that the people that make the LP couldn't come up with better demos. To be honest it's one of the best bass machines I've ever heard. If you ever have the chance try it out for yourself.
prophei

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i personally think that the nicest bass i get is out of my oberheim TVS... i like it more than the minimoog i have.

try the sem, it is more bitchin than usually found in that small a space Wink
CoolColJ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Can A6 do this? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

purpurkatten wrote:
Interesting subject. Listen, all who defend the bass of the A6, can you do this bass with your andy?

http://www.detsnurrariminskalle.com/

(This is not my band, it´s a band from Sweden. They seem to have no synth bass problem anyway.)

The link no longer works, but I assume it's this track?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfU-4Y4_akY

If so, that kind of bass the is not hard for the A6 to do.
It's the percussive Roland style basses that the A6 has more trouble doing.
Running the filter in series or using the 12db, with filter feedback will get you there
Page 3 of 3 [58 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: