electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Parts and Components
WTB/WTT: your help in creating a pcb prototype
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
rjd2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: WTB/WTT: your help in creating a pcb prototype
Subject description: help me attain my dream of an arp 1004/4027 VCO
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi folks, thanks for your time.

im wondering if anyone would be willing to do this job "for hire":

1-assess the schematic of the arp 1004(or if not possible, the 4027) for any parts that would be unobtainium, and, assuming it is feasible;

2-construct a template/prototype of a pcb that i could order multiples of(6-10) from a pcb place.

please forgive me-i would do this myself, but my electronics experience extends only to plugging parts into a board and soldering. the only "arp VCO clones" that i know of that are available are the CMS stuff, and at $1300/VCO, building a 7-10 OSC beast would be.......costly.

i am not sure what this would be worth, but i am willing to:
-pay cash
-trade a few parts/gear/????

or, how about this: assuming there are no unobtainable parts, you construct a pcb i can order, parts list, and a front panel design(basically hold my hand through this) for a 100% fully working elka 490 rhapsody string machine? just throwing it out there....
Dragon's Lair

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's already been done

http://stgsoundlabs.com/products/post_lawsuit_lowpass_filter_motm.htm
rjd2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks-im talking about a VCO, not VCF. there are several 4072/4075 FILTER clones. im not aware of ANY oscillator clones, aside from the CMS VCO, which , as stated, is a)not necessarily a clone and b) over a grand per module.

PLEASE point me to a VCO clone, if you are aware of one. the emulator archive site listed one as a future project. if its feasible to do, and just hasnt been done cause its not a high priority, then i'd like to arrange for someone to help me with it for reimbursement of thier choice-cash or instruments.

if its NOT feasible for some reason, then i can at least give up on the idea of it. but i have yet to establish this as the case, hence im trying this route-the closest route i can foresee.

thanks for any heads up/advice/etc one way or the other, folks!
Dragon's Lair

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My mistake Embarassed
I really shouldn't be reading these before I've had my morning coffee.
cauterant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: T or P? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1004T or 1004P?

Each is made up of 4 boards, a main VCO, with two exponential sub boards, then the T waveform select board or the P waveform mixer. So a single board will be big.

As for rare parts, the Teledyne 1339 is probably unobtainable,(at least I haven't found any) but the 2600 service manual lists a way to replace it with a lm301, so maybe it'd work with this.

Found all the info here: http://www.guitarfool.com/ARP2500/1004.html
rjd2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i dont know if its possible, but if the 4 boards could be consolidated into one or two, that would be great. im just not brainy enough to duplicate a circuit design off of a schematic. and i would prefer the 1004 vco, but the 4027 vco would be a working substitute for my wants.

size of board wouldnt be an issue, i think-i could go as high as 7.5"X7.5", and could do 2 boards on a single module if i had to.

please drop me a PM if anyone thinks its doable and would be interested in designing for a fee.
derekrevell

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: ARP 2600 4027-1 Pcb's Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, These are already available from my good friend Adrian at Synthrestore in Bedford, U.K. I'm sure if you order several, the price would be very modest.

Please visit his website at the link below

http://www.synthrestore.co.uk/

and start negotiating, as he will design and provide your 1004 for a price.

Best regards Derek Revell

Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Parts and Components
Jump to: