electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Unison X: Spread the PAN of voices?
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
rufuss sewell

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Unison X: Spread the PAN of voices? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd love to be able to mod the pan of voices in Unison X. Basically assign the mod wheel to spread the pan of each voice further one way or the other so that at full up, each voice is spread completely across the stereo field. Voice 1 all the way LEFT, and voice 16 al the way RIGHT, with all the others equally between. I would then add a bit of detuning to make the entire sound completely huge.

Is this possible?
soundwave106

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not that I'm aware of, though one of the random functions can provide pan per voice pretty nicely.
sunny pedaal

Audio files: 12

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

with an external mixer and using single voice outputs it will.
ThreeFingersOfLove

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
with an external mixer and using single voice outputs it will.

Not really: if you use the voice outputs, then the configuration is this:

Output 1: voices 1 and 2
Output 2: voices 3 and 4
Output 8: voices 15 and 16

So if you have say a 6 voice unison lead, and provided you have assigned voices 1-6 for that sound, it will come out from the voice outputs 1, 2 and 3. How will you pan voices 1 and 2 since they appear in a single output? Maybe, by using an external mixer (like I do and like you said) you can pan voices 1-2 hard left, 3-4 center and 5-6 hard-right. I don't see how random panning could help here, since this modulation exists per patch. I don't think individual voice panning is actually possible.

On the other hand, there is a workaround: You can make a certain patch and give it a certain pan, then copy this patch to another location and give it a different pan (you can always try different tunings to emulate Unison-X or any other stuff). YOu can do as many as you like, up to 16 if they are monophonic. Then bring all these variations-patches into a mix, and voila you have individual panning per voice (a bit tricky to adjust, though)

Cool
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the outputs are individual, they are stereoplugs with tip is one voice and ring is the other . base is the common"earth". so nothing against a mixer with 16 in 2 out.
ThreeFingersOfLove

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You are right... what was I thinking Confused anyway it is actually possible since what you say is true, I forgot that I actually have 8 voice outputs but 16 inputs on my mixer (and not eight). Thanks for pointing this one out. Wink
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

maybe you could use the trackinggenerator and connect it to the panning,
or ( what i like ) assigning notenumber to pan. , to get the spreading over the keyboard from le to ri.
or trigger( up =le) the lfo-squarewave and retrigger|(down= ri) it while assigning it to the panning.
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: