electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Please help. Seq in G2
Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
150pi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Please help. Seq in G2 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Greetings friends!!!
Forgive please for my bad English
Please Help to design a sequencer, and that at me does not turn out in any way. I tried to do(make) as is specified in a manual on page 231, figure 2, but it at all that that is necessary. Notes enter the name without duration and velocity.
That was approximately clearly what to me the sequencer is necessary look this video.

http://www.laboitenoiredumusicien.com/boite/bonusmedia.php?boite=4&id=1222&choix_marque=273&categorie=produits&fam=

As interests record of chords, and not just single notes. Whether it is possible?

Who is thankful in advance to all will respond.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome

When I read you right This may interest you.

150pi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YES YES YES!!! the patch "polyquenzer_a1_114" - That that is necessary! Thanks!
150pi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Friends....in the previous post im miss...but this SEQ its not what i wanted...please help me construct the SEQ with record and playback notes so as to he observe with velocities and duration

SEQ which you advise quantize notes by record not exactly

Please help!!! I can not work without him!!!!!!
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

150pi wrote:
Friends....in the previous post im miss...but this SEQ its not what i wanted...please help me construct the SEQ with record and playback notes so as to he observe with velocities and duration

SEQ which you advise quantize notes by record not exactly

Please help!!! I can not work without him!!!!!!

What you want is a midi recorder/player that records polyphonic midi stream with note number, note velocity, note start time, note length. It would be nice to have such a module in the G2 but there is none at the moment. It might be possible to patch a monophonic version but I think that would be pushing the limits of what is practical.

I have considered making a G2ool python utility that could take shortish, single channel midi files and convert them to a G2 sequencer player patch. Using all a variations, I might be able to get 16 or 32 bars with reasonable time resolution.

Unfortunately my G2 is gathering dust while I wait for a Vista USB driver from Clavia :¬(
150pi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Unfortunately my G2 is gathering dust while I wait for a Vista USB driver from Clavia :¬(

It is awful!!!!! Crying or Very sad

Quote:
What you want is a midi recorder/player that records polyphonic midi stream with note number, note velocity, note start time, note length. It would be nice to have such a module in the G2 but there is none at the moment. It might be possible to patch a monophonic version but I think that would be pushing the limits of what is practical.

SEQ in this link http://electro-music.com/forum/post-91621.html#91621
Approaches but him very dificult and occupy many DSP resourses. And him quantize notes by record not exactly.

I think, there should be a simple way to build this MF SEQ Smile
150pi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can I use a MIDI sequencer RS7000? Who tried to do something that?
Fozzie

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 49

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ask Dasz, he uses the combination of G2+RS7000 and is very happy with it.
150pi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks
dasz

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 56

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dasz is indeed very happy with the Rs7000 + G2 combo.

The Rs7000 offers realtime, step and grid (a wonderful grid) modes of sequence recording. it can import standard midi files, wav and aiff. it's clock is so steady that it's silly, and it' bpm resolution is .1

Here is how I use the two together

RS7000
4 drum sequence tracks (G2 Drums in one slot + sampled drums in the rs7000)
2 synth tracks (one synth in a G2 - one slot, the other a waldorf xt)
3 sample tracks (all samples in the rs7000)

THe RS7000 does beats and samples and synth lines which are the backbone of the set. The RS7000 then is used to mute and un-mute the tracks as needed, and I change patterns (basically changing from what one or more tracks are playing). the RS7000 is the master clock.

My 2nd G2 (and I'm not saying it is needed for you, I simply have 2) contains 4 self running interactive sequencer patches which I crossfade with the RS7000 (I mapped some of knobs in the RS7000 to send MIDI Messages). I switch between 2 prf's (or sets 4 patches).

I will at some point embed patch changes so the G2's and XT change to the right instrument (right now it is manual), and I will also record variation selection (maybe, as the variation changes is something I love to do live).

That's how it all works.
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

/Dasz
jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dasz, I like the phone book spacers Smile
150pi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow! Thank you very much for such a detailed response, but unfortunately, I need other information ....
Does no one really uses such sequencer??????????????????
dasz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what info do you need? I can be specific.

There are other grid sequencers out there, the Korg Electribes are great, I hear.

The thing with the RS7000 is the fact has so many tracks, and each track can have as much midi data as you want (for example one track could be used as a grid of 128 rows (one per note). The RS came highly recommended from a good source (a veteran performer) and I'm glad I listened.

Mind you, the Rs7000 is not the easiest sequencer to get into. But it is not too bad of a learning curve, a good investment. I have seen a lot worse.
/Dasz

Last edited by dasz on Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
dasz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jksuperstar wrote:
Dasz, I like the phone book spacers Smile

I have since modified my setup so the RS7000 sits to the left of the Mackie. It is more ergonomic.
150pi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok. To clear all RS7000
How to account for a polyphonic SEQ with record to G2? Not using such?
jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use a computer for recording midi sequences like that...Ableton Live in particular. There are many sequencing programs that will do what you ask, and a WHOLE lot more.

Hardware, you can get a simple Yamaha QY-70 (simple patterns, or long complex songs), Or the Korg Electribes for more pattern based. The RS7000 was always on my list, but the computer has since taken over. An Akai MPC1000 (or any MPC) will also do.

But for doing that type of recording *in* the Nord, well, that's just a bit limited in a modular system. And there are already tons of tools available to do it. So I have to qualms about it not being in there. It's not really a workstation, in the typical sense like the Roland and Korg workstations are, which is where you'd find features like that.
150pi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I use a computer for recording midi sequences like that...Ableton Live in particular. There are many sequencing programs that will do what you ask, and a WHOLE lot more.

Unfortunately, I do not use a computer in the process of creating music.

Quote:

But for doing that type of recording *in* the Nord, well, that's just a bit limited in a modular system. And there are already tons of tools available to do it. So I have to qualms about it not being in there. It's not really a workstation, in the typical sense like the Roland and Korg workstations are, which is where you'd find features like that.

Disagree. Watch the video, in the first post
(http://www.laboitenoiredumusicien.com/boite/bonusmedia.php?boite=4&id=1222&choix_marque=273&categorie=produits&fam =)
Fozzie

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 49

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

150pi wrote:

Disagree. Watch the video, in the first post
(http://www.laboitenoiredumusicien.com/boite/bonusmedia.php?boite=4&id=1222&choix_marque=273&categorie=produits&fam =)

150pi, jksuperstar did not say it is impossible on the G2, just that there are workstations out there that have these functions built in and ready to go, so if it is important to you, you might want to use one of those synths.

With regard to the video you have linked to, why not send a personal message (PM) to the guy in the video and ask him for details or to share the patch (you never know)? He is member "xav" here on the forum.

Edit: wait, he already posted it here!!!!!! http://electro-music.com/forum/download.php?id=8811

ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This patch uses an audio looper. It does not record midi or use sequencers, the note data must be 'played in' each time you load the patch. Sorry for not realising that is what you were after.

There are quite a few looper patches posted here, check them out Smile
Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: