electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Delay Shift register max storage capacity
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
cristian

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Delay Shift register max storage capacity Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was studying Palle Dahlsteldts MultiTrackKbd patch, and it got me really intersted in the delay shift registers... The registers he uses to store the live play data is the Clocked Delay Register

I'm wandering how long this delay is? How many 'samples' does it hold then? and how does he keep it in sync in this patch with the Master Clock tempo?

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It can be set from 1 to 128 positions, on every clock pulse it will shift the value from a particular location into the next location until it falls out at the end, the output.

The input is the first location, be it not a 'real' location.

So synching is just a matter of selecting the 'right' source signal for the Clk input and the length you want the delay to be and then it will happen automagicaly :-)

The manual could be a bit clearer about this I think.

It really is just an array of sample and hold circuits with a length that can be set between 1 and 128 positions. This is often refered to as a bucket brigade delay.

Jan.
cristian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bucket Brigade delay?? how bizarre

well, in the live improv patch I'm studying ( its the one on the clavia site ) , the 'bucket bridge delay' , keeps repeating itself... Does that mean it is resampling itself as it plays? or is there a way you can repeat the buffer, instead of things falling off the end?

Basically I'm working towards building an 8-bit sampler patch and I need to see how I can do the basics of Quantising and Storage register

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes it can be made to repeat patterns by coupling the output back to the input. Probably you'll want to do that in a smart way (switched) to allow for new pattenns to get in.

On the NM mailing list some interesting sampling patches were published by Johannes Taelman on 2004-08-06 and 2004-08-7, you might want to take a look at the list archives which normally can be found at http://mail.electro-music.com/pipermail/nord-modular/ but this link seems to be out of order right now. I informed the list admin about this so you can try later through : http://mail.electro-music.com/mailman/listinfo/nord-modular

When you want that sampler to sample in 8 bits it's easy to add a Digitizer module somewhere I guess.

Jan.
cristian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks , yes I would imagine it would be one of the first things to try on the G2 in terms of advanced patch programming, so I guessed it might have been tried already - still its a good way to get to grips with the ADC DAC modules and other new stuff

I already tried a ADC recording into 8 fast clocked SeqNote modules , and then trying to play the values back into the DAC , but it doesn't seem to work. When the sequencers are in record mode, you can here the input going through them , but it doesn't seem to be able to grab the data. Thats why I was thinking about doing it with a delay register...

anyway, when that link is back up, I'll check the previous efforts out..

cristian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi , actually that link to the archives now asks me for an admin password... I;d really love to see the sampler patches , can someone post them here?
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cristian wrote:
Hi , actually that link to the archives now asks me for an admin password

Ah, very good ! work is progress :-)

Jan.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 213
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cristian wrote:
Hi , actually that link to the archives now asks me for an admin password...

It's not an admin password, it's your Nord Modular list password. Seems to be some confusion about the NM list archives being open to the public or not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cristian wrote:
Hi , actually that link to the archives now asks me for an admin password... I;d really love to see the sampler patches , can someone post them here?

The link is accessible again, thanks to Howard.

Jan.
cristian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, i've scoured the archives and can't find the sampler patches... If anyone has them, can you please upload to forum?
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://mail.electro-music.com/pipermail/nord-modular/2004-August/000358.html

http://mail.electro-music.com/pipermail/nord-modular/2004-August/000359.html

http://mail.electro-music.com/pipermail/nord-modular/2004-August/000361.html

Jan.
cristian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thankyou very much dude
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: