electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
A collection of Klee musics
Page 4 of 13 [314 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ..., 11, 12, 13 Next
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 96

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks guys Very Happy

Yeah Jan, what passes for news here is astounding. Scratch that, it's maddening.

Cheerios,
Scott

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scott,

I really like this tune also. Very nice composition Wink

Bill
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why, tanks Bill!
loopcycle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, i wanted to set up the most simple sequence i could, in order to suss some of this mad functionality. so the klee is driving two oscillators feeding a lowpass filter. the klee is running in 16x1 mode (mostly) and just one bit is active (mostly). the pattern changes are simply my flipping another bit and tapping the manual load button between the 16th and 1st stage, making two (or very rarely, three or more) stages active simultaneously. i set up bus 3 to trigger an auxiliary envelope that opens up the lowpass filter slowly. i create the high frequency fills by toggling the invert b, throwing bits into the mix. bus 1 is the 'discard' bus when i want to silence a step. i could probably stand to do that more in this patch.

http://www.twango.com/media/consumed.sound/consumed.10025

anyway, all changes are klee manipulation only. no programming pots were touched whatsoever.

so what did i learn today? small changes are big. simple is good. its all in the switch. and that manual load button is key! when i design my next klee interface, that button will be the closest control to me. also, creatively flipping into 8x2 mode when multiple bits are active can 'break' the order of the bits up, providing a brand new sequence.

oh yeah. im glad i got good switches, because they will be getting worked out.
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Loopcycle, that piece is simply beautiful! You've certainly got some great Klee technique going on there. Thanks for sharing it. What filter did you use for this?

More! Very Happy

Take care,
Scott

loopcycle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks scott!
the filter is a motm-440.
oh yes, i will have lots more to klee about.
Peake

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have to say, I was going to ask what filter that is as well. Jurgen's design sounds good. As does the Klee!
fonik

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just my first KLEE sequence.
audiopath:
EFM dual VCO -> MFOS 12db VCOs (BP/HP) -> LPG -> fonitronik digiFX

klee controls (2x8, pattern, B-invert):
A -> VCO1, A+B -> VCO2
Gate 1 -> ADSR -> VCF
Gate 2 -> ADSR -> VCF
Master Gate -> LPG

the klee itself is controlled by a LFO. LFO is fed into divider as well and triggers a baby10 which controlls the footage of the patch.

klee_01.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  klee_01.mp3
 Filesize:  677.58 KB
 Downloaded:  1684 Time(s)

Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A sumptuous field of clover........

I downloaded this yesterday morning, Matthias - I listened to it all afternoon at work while working on a training presentation. Man, you really nailed it. I sure as hell didn't get such luscious patterns out of the Klee when I first had it in my hands. More!

Cheerio,
Scott

a.b.o.z.

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 4

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hei people.
finaly I got more than 15 minutes to play with my toys and here what I found out.
klee->soudlab
a to vco1
b to vco2 wich is synced to vco1 and driven by s&h
there are triggers fired from s&h to ar generator.

fun fun fun

Ivan

glina.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  glina.mp3
 Filesize:  1.31 MB
 Downloaded:  1243 Time(s)

Pehr

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm testing youtube... Pardon the sound quality and the light, it is filmed with a small digital camera.

http://www.garageband.com/artist/loxodrom
http://soundcloud.com/loxodrom
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm really enjoying this! Ivan - groovy Kleelian anarchy! And Pehr - that's an excellent vid, IMHO, and that sequence you built up is one I'd like to steal...er, love to listen to, I mean..... Very Happy
23isgood

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Folks. I just put up a tune I made with my Klee on myspace. Check it out, its called "bumper". All the sequence loops are my modular sequenced by the Klee. It wasn't in real time. I bounced a few tracks down to individual tracks in Ableton Live. The synth pads and one of the lead sounds are coming from my C64. I also put up some new pics of my Klee up there too. I finally labeled it.

pete

http://www.myspace.com/23isgood

Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocked Cool

wave

Man! That's scary good.....

I'm digging your other music, too - I'm listening to "Warp Zone" right now. Beautiful...... Cool

23isgood

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Coolness. Thanks. I'm also using the Tau 20 pole phaser in there too. You can hear it in the hats, and on all the pads. I love that sound!
Pehr

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool
Kartoshka

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@pehr:

very cool, man! very very cool chilled motive, so much joy listening to it over and over again. Embarassed
will start making it together asap for sure! Cool

Got kleed accidentally, but seems like it was god's message — and now, after getting only deeper and deeper into rehearsing, keeping in mind demonstrated ability of building creative one-off patterns, it's being placed beyond any logical excuse of time or effort investments in it.
For me, 'Modern Classic' is the most correct term when trying to describe it's logic. Not many instruments are considered truly belonging to this niche, but Scott Stites Klee is the one for sure.
I'm proud of owning in very close future this history-making instrument.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pehr wrote:
Cool

Laughing but you are right, I love that mp3.

Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Smashing, Pehr! I downloaded this Sunday between thunderstorms (you would not believe the weather we've been having here). Therefore, now every time I hear it, it reminds me of a menacing storm brewing.

I really like the structure of this one - especially when that first bass note kicks in at around 1:20. That's the thunderhead breaking over the trees. Very Happy

As usual, thanks for posting. More, please!

Cheerio,
Scott

Pehr

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks! Very Happy I'm really satisfied with this one. It was actually a bit longer track from the beginning, but I only liked this first part with the build up of the voices. Twisted Evil
Junk Rhythm

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Digging it Pehr! Very Happy I like when the bouncy sonar sound comes in.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's a laid-back one I recorded back on May first or second. It uses three oscillators and the DSC2000. I kinda like the way the DSC2000 patch came out - I was running it through the CGS Grinder and wave multiplier, and it came out sounding like a frog-pond, which inspired the half of the name of the tune.

Besides the pitch of the DSC2000, the pitch of only one of the oscillators is controlled by the Klee. Two oscillators are controlled by the keyboard voltage but are passing through a filter that is controlled by the Klee, which I thought was kind of a neat effect. It's the "bass" VCO that has its pitch controlled by the Klee. It's all one take (no overdubbing) mixed to a mono signal and made stereo through the Dim C

The "Indigo" comes from a little gal in Oz.

Indigo_Fish.mp3
 Description:
Klee piece with fishies

Download
 Filename:  Indigo_Fish.mp3
 Filesize:  8.51 MB
 Downloaded:  1084 Time(s)

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thumright
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's one I recorded a couple of weeks ago. It's fairly long so I encoded it at a lower MP3 bitrate.

It has three synth voices and a drum voice. One synth voice is a VCO3 through 2040 clone filter and VCA. The second synth voice is one of the Late MS-20 clones going through the CGS wavemultiplier, then CGS grinder, then through the second half of the Late MS-20 module (set for low pass filter). The third voice is the DSC2000. The drum voice is the reason I set up the patch - I was wanting to record a demo for a web page I'm doing on a new TH drum voice design - the Bass++, which, incidentally, is a ludricously easy circuit that uses only two ICs.

The first voice is triggered from gate bus 1, the second voice is triggered from gate bus 2, and the Bass++ is triggered from gate bus 3. The DSC2000 "freewheels".

Anyway, I had the patch set up, and I decided to just punch record and start adjusting the Klee. I adjusted the merge/unmerge and range controls, as well as 16X1/8X2 and InvertB and Gate Bus 1 Load. I also adjusted the time constant switches on the EGs (I used EGs on the first and second voices). I let it run until I was out of space. When mixing to computer, I just put in a fadeout instead of the abrupt "out of space" lurch to a stop one gets when one is out of space.

This def gives the drum voice a workout.

Cheerio,
Scott

klee_thang.mp3
 Description:
It's a Klee thang.....

Download
 Filename:  klee_thang.mp3
 Filesize:  5.51 MB
 Downloaded:  2619 Time(s)

mark_olson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really nice, Scott.

Scott Stites wrote:
Anyway, I had the patch set up, and I decided to just punch record and start adjusting the Klee.

You could definitely hold your own on stage with this stuff.

Mark
Page 4 of 13 [314 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ..., 11, 12, 13 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Jump to: