electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Wish List
Nord Modular G3 with NORD WAVE technology
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
kidgloves2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Nord Modular G3 with NORD WAVE technology Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it possible to make the Nord Modular with the Nord Wave technology? I want to buy a G2, but the WAVE is calling to me. And I can't afford both.

Also, the WAVE needs more flash memory. I want LARGE samples and flash memory is cheap these days. How about 2-4 gigs? Cool
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's good to dream Wink

welcome

kidgloves2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm definitely a dreamer. Very Happy

I think it's a good possibility too. We just have to make some noise. They won't do it for a while I bet. They need to make money on the Wave first. But I can see it happening one day, if we really want it.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kidgloves2 wrote:
But I can see it happening one day, if we really want it.

Don't know .. I'd buy something like it for sure though Laughing

Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kidgloves2 wrote:
... They won't do it for a while I bet. They need to make money on the Wave first. But I can see it happening one day, if we really want it.
Don't think too negative about these things. One thing you can't say about Clavia: they are no dreamers... They also dream about the ultimate synthesizer. So, express your thoughts (they monitor this forum for sure), but don't try to think for them Smile

Wout
The Strout

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unfortunately I beleive that there will not be any more modulars after the G2 and G2X now has expired...

I heard that Clavia was loosing too much money on developing these babies so they where terminated (one of the reason NL3 was terminated)

they simply had to appeal a bigger crowd to survive... Crying or Very sad
once they almost went bankrupt developing it... but they hit the jackpot with the electro and the stage so they could continue the dream... so there you probably have the concept of what they will focus on... not forgetting... that the lead was what got them into the business... but really... telling us that the NL2X is a development from the NL3 is to try telling that santa do exist... I would rather have had an NL4 and a G3 / G3X (just love those LED buttons)

Still I love what Clavia does... I have in my rigg right now (besides others)
Nordelectro 2 73
Nord C1
Nord Lead 3
Nord Stage EX Compact

and yes I am working on getting the G2 or an G2X... but they terminated it before I could buy a new one...
mickeyl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seconded... Nord Modular G2 with a sample oscillator and the keyboard of the Nord Stage 2 would be a dream.

:M:
Robby

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 6

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Modular G3 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First of all, the G2 is awesome both for sound design & player interface. There just isn't a better digital synth out there (yet) It would be a real shame for Clavia to abandon this line ....

That said ... it could still be done better:

1> Samples/waveforms/Nord Wave ... yes!

2> Convolution ... once you have samples on board you should be able to use them with a convolution module to make IR reverbs/amp effects/acoustic instrument bodies

3> Digital IO - I really wish I had a digital output on the G2 so I could run it thru the highest quality DA converters. The G2 converters are good, but they're not the best. There should probably be different IO options for the G3 at different price points.

My Website

My MySpace Page
jamos

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 41

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not just one sample oscillator, but several:

- A multi-sample oscillator, featuring fully looped and key-assigned samples of the "essential" musical instruments (pan flute, etc.) No controls except waveform select, transpose, and pitch control inputs, etc.

- A single-shot oscillator, that plays a single instrument sample (percussive), not looped. Same controls and inputs as above

- A simple user oscillator, which plays a single user sample stored in flash RAM. Same inputs as above, perhaps with a loop switch or input

- An uber-versatile sample oscillator, which plays a user sample, but does everything: modulable start and stop points, direction, pitch, restart, etc. And more that I can't even think of!
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Wish List
Jump to: